Tha Sneaker/Kick/Grown-Man-Shoe-Way Thread Part n

Comments

• you guys sure are going through a lot of trouble to excuse co-signing camo slacks.

the whole thing is disgusting.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Think Different

• batmon said:
    Think Different

i have no problem with that whatsoever. now it's time to recognize the distinction between "different" and "disguting".

you've spent a whole page trying to justify a look that is poorly put together. time to think different.

vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:
    Think Different

i have no problem with that whatsoever. now it's time to recognize the distinction between "different" and "disguting".

you've spent a whole page trying to justify a look that is poorly put together. time to think different.

Justify is the wrong word. Critique......dont get it twisted.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I don't like camo jackets or cargos but I do like the print for women's jeans and slim fit pants on guys...I like when the pattern is taken out of the military context and used as just another print. And I am big fan of the green palette. I have no issue with the pants.

I would choose a blazer in the blue family before gray, a really light blue or a steely blue (but careful to not get into periwinkle!)...I think gray would weigh everything down, too. I just took another look at the tie, too - it's hideous. The whole above the belt thing has to be looked at.

• bassie said:
    I don't like camo jackets or cargos but I do like the print for women's jeans and slim fit pants on guys...I like when the pattern is taken out of the military context and used as just another print. And I am big fan of the green palette. I have no issue with the pants.

I would choose a blazer in the blue family before gray, a really light blue or a steely blue (but careful to not get into periwinkle!)...I think gray would weigh everything down, too. I just took another look at the tie, too - it's hideous. The whole above the belt thing has to be looked at.

so literally nothing about the picture of russell westbrook

vintageinfants said:
    so literally nothing about the picture of russell westbrook

You dont like Latifah's Gray Rack?

• if we want to start talking about having 'daring style' or 'paradigm-shifting male accessorizing', lets' start as far away from the NBA as possible m'kay?

Speaking for myself - I don't give a damn about daring or classic - as long as it looks good. I just took a quick look at this Westbrook fellow's past outfits...he isn't really too wild; he's playing with throwback looks and falling back on present-days trends, too. I feel like he has a good eye and good taste, it just needs a tad refining. Like someone needs to be there when he takes off his clothes to say "Wait a minute, don't put on those pony-print pants just yet. I have another idea."

• bassie said:
    I do like the print for women's jeans and slim fit pants on guys
    bassie said:
    bassie said:
    bassie said:
    bassie said:
    bassie said:

bemoans meggings. promotes female print and slim fit pants on guys.

Why so serious?

• vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:
    Think Different

Justify is the wrong word. [del]Critique[/del] masturbating......dont get it twisted.

How are slim fit pants (as opposed to baggy jawns) on a man the same as painted-on synthetic material items?

• i'll eat the slim fit part, because i'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to wearing anything slim-fitted, but to suggest that it's a good look for guys to wear a women's print jean is regrettable to say the least. whenever i look in the mirror, i ask myself if i'll be embarassed to see a picture of myself in 5, 10, 25 years. and despite the implications of 'safety' or 'blandness', i assure you that it more than possible to make a statement while not looking positively ridiculous.

i even tried to greyscale the 'look' to see if it could be fixed.

NOPE.

• [/thraed]

I didn't mean for men to wear women's jeans, I meant I like the camo print on men's slim fits and women's jeans - iffy sentence structure on my part.

Talk about masterbating.

• bassie said:
    I didn't mean for men to wear women's jeans, I meant I like the camo print on men's slim fits and women's jeans.

i didn't think you did. just saying.

making clothing or shoes work within the parameters of mens style will ALWAYS have a better overall effect than stepping outside of them. i'd rather be the coltrane than the davis.

[/thraed]

Latte Pas

[/thraed]

I've said it before about this pic and I'll say it again - the worst thing in all this is the satin and straw mess on the right.

I should also mention that I am a terrible dresser.

• [/thraed]

I've said it before about this pic and I'll say it again - the worst thing in all this is the satin and straw mess on the right.

even the cat lady on the left seems to have it somewhat together.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts

Basketball shoes in (almost) any context other than basketball just looks goofy.

b/w

Everything this dude has on is completely disjointed and random.

Some of you dudes have horrendous...or rather "different" taste in kicks.

• vintageinfants said:
    but to suggest that it's a good look for guys to wear a women's print jean is regrettable to say the least. .

I own those Florsheim x Ducky Brown shoes Nick Wooster is wearing. I also own these:

I've only worn the shoes a couple times. Pants'll have to wait 'til the weather's right.

Also, damn you guys like to hear yourself type/talk/mastUrbate. (Batmon, doesn't your phone and/or computer highlight those errors?!)

Herm said:

Also, damn you guys like to hear yourself type/talk/mastUrbate.

More so than anyone else who posts on a message board/FB/Twitter/etc.?

What does this even mean?

If we don't post, the Board dies, if we do post, we just like to hear ourselves talk? We're having a conversation - what is the issue?

Are you the same dude who has posted countless pics of his countless shoes and how they look with specific socks/slacks/record jackets/etc? Or am I thinking of some other strutter?

• parallax said:

Are you the same dude who has posted countless pics of his countless shoes and how they look with specific socks/slacks/record jackets/etc? Or am I thinking of some other strutter?

Ooooooh burrrrnnnn! It's me, same guy. I'm a hypocrite. Big time. It's a good thing you're not my Facebook friend! You think THIS is bad...

But yeah, in my mind it's different. I'd rather see people one-up each other with pics than with vivid descriptions. Just my own personal preference.

• For the record, I read all those posts I 'complained' about. I have no one to blame but myself.

Herm said:
    parallax said:

Ooooooh burrrrnnnn! It's me, same guy. I'm a hypocrite. Big time. It's a good thing you're not my Facebook friend! You think THIS is bad...

But yeah, in my mind it's different. I'd rather see people one-up each other with pics than with vivid descriptions. Just my own personal preference.

That's cool.

The floral pants are pretty bold. What would you wear em with? The yellow brogues?

• parallax said:

That's cool.

The floral pants are pretty bold. What would you wear em with? The yellow brogues?

Not sure yet, when I tried 'em on originally (at the Trina Turk store in Palm Springs), I was wearing blue Prestos and a white v-neck. They looked pretty fly with that. They went on sale a few months later and I ordered them online. They need to be slimmed, hemmed and tapered up a little 'cause I ordered the wrong size up accidentally. (Fortunately, my lady's a seamstress so she's got it covered.) Definitely something simple, basic and subtly. Definitely NOT the brogues.