New DjDay!

Comments

• Duderonomy said:
    StoneHands said:
    I got a PC and it works fine. When I unzip, there are 2 folders - one with the record in mp3, one with the MACOSX name..

Crap, tried again and I've exceeded the maximum number of downloads.

pm sent. I am going to get this fixed (whatever it is) and make sure you get taken care of.

• If it helps anyone I just downloaded mine from the online receipt on a pc, unpacked with winrar and it worked a treat...listening now.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Am I the only PC owner that bought this album?

I'm on a Windows 8 pc (I know), and I had the same issue - windows unzipped it just be the empty Mac folder, and then I got rejected trying to redownload.

I used a program called WinRar to unzip the file, and the music folder finally showed up and unzipped properly. There was a long string of errors during the unzip as well, but the files play fine.

Album sounds great guys - tech issues aside, count me as a satisfied customer. Congrats to Day, and Th*s too, for an all-around beautiful album/package.

• I have rented a pc and reup'ed . If there is anyway you could test it and redownload it again? It is same file name but now a PC ZIP file. Lmk

I also re-upped the drop card packet. Hopefully everything is fixed now

Thanks!

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    got my package yesterday vinyl/cd.

great stuff Day!!!

will be sure to DL the other tracks (on my Mac) later tonight.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    This record sounds GREAT! bang-up mix and engineering, thes. and Day... you are one of the most talented dudes i know. straight up.

pride!

• what's up with that delay lp ?!!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    what's up with that delay lp ?!!

just got the prototype for the cover. its pretty amazing. 2 more tracks to fininsh up and i'm done. i'll be out in la march 1-5. i'm all ears for a fam critique

ok... sorry :NO HIJACK:

• LOVE! Been playing nonstop since I got it on Friday

• Wait...what?! A Delay LP too?! Like...for reals for reals?!

• just ordered the lp+cd and i'm downloading it now. i can't wait to hear it!

i've seriously been waiting for this day forever. if i wasn't friends with you on facebook i wouldn't have even known about it as i rarely come here anymore.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Delay said:
    4YearGraduate said:
    what's up with that delay lp ?!!

just got the prototype for the cover. its pretty amazing. 2 more tracks to fininsh up and i'm done. i'll be out in la march 1-5. i'm all ears for a fam critique

ok... sorry :NO HIJACK:

Nice!!!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    my review
    http://www.musicismysanctuary.com/dj-day-land-of-a-1000-chances-record/

this record has made my year already!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• ZG release yo delf

ALSO GOD DAMN YOU GUYS DONT LET ANYTHING SLIDE THAT VIDEO HAS BEEN LIVE FOR ALL OF LIKE 4 MINUTES!

• 4YearGraduate said:
    Herm said:
    pm sent

ALSO GOD DAMN YOU GUYS DONT LET ANYTHING SLIDE THAT VIDEO HAS BEEN LIVE FOR ALL OF LIKE 4 MINUTES!

Thanks!

And OOPS! I saw it posted on Tumblr so then I posted it on Facebook. Sorry sir! No midgets for me!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:

BOUGHT!

Many Thx to Day for an amazing album. And thx to Thes and anyone who put in work.

Much appreciated and looking forward to listening many times over.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Been listening to the LP since I received it yesterday. Had a really ruff weekend but repeated listens to this have restored my faith in humanity, hats off.

• Strut fam represent and keep ma dudes perfect streak going on the ITunes ratings!!!

(You don't have to buy the album to rate it - hook it up!)

• Double poast

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    Strut fam represent and keep ma dudes perfect streak going on the ITunes ratings!!!

Done and done! Such a good album. Thanks again for this to all the people involved!

• 4YearGraduate said:

DONE.

• Rented a PC! Hah.

Cracked mine open today. Will be enjoying tomorrow in the car. Congrats Day, it sounds great.

Mine came with a signed headshot from some random dude that said:

"Thanks for the order cupcake,

Your pal Porfi"

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    Grabbed the digital download last night, and I'm giving it a proper listen this morning. Great great stuff, I'm looking forward to giving this some repeated listens and getting deep into this. Kudos to Day, Thes, and all involved!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Thes has sorted all of my zip problems, many thanks for going that extra.

On first listen this has a lush, organic sound with lovely melodic arrangements. Surprised and impressed that Day did the vocals! Will give an in-depth review after I've marinated on this for a few days, but initial reaction is that this doesn't suck. In any way.

• Ahhh I love Day's singing on "Daddy's Home". Never really heard him sing except for this a while back which I have played a ridiculous amount of times and wanted MOAR

• Are there physical copies for sale in the UK as of yet?

• djwaxon said:
    Are there physical copies for sale in the UK as of yet?

I'm mailing a wholesale order to Juno as we speak - you're better off just getting it direct from Day

http://pl70.net/landof1000chances/

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    just ordered. trying not to hear any of it before the records come.
    proud of yall. keep on