RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited January 2013 in Strut Central
Over all... I DO NOT LIKE THIS!

Give me back my cover flow.

WTF...

:hated_it:

Comments

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    I hate it too. I saved an older version to disc and re-installed that. The streamlined version sucks.
    Attached files

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    I avoid Apple's software updates like the plague

• I agree! The new update is horrendous. I catch myself cussing out loud whenever I open the program and try to manage my music. I wish I wasn't so forcefully tied to using Itunes. This dinosaur is salty!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I've heard so much bad shit about iTunes 11 that I've given it the swerve entirely.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    My main peeves is that you can bring up just a straight search of whatever -- you have to select individual search results out of a little submenu. Also, if you pick out an album in one menu and then switch to a different playlist and come back, the program resets like you just opened it.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    white_tea said:
    My main peeves is that you can bring up just a straight search of whatever -- you have to select individual search results out of a little submenu.

Yes!

I'm still trying to figure out how to have all songs show up in main window when I search.

I used to be able to search a word like "money" and have all songs show up in the main window and do shuffles.

Now it all shows up in that drop down from the search field.

FUCK!

• it shouldn't be this hard to make a new playlist

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    I'm a big fan of Apple's hardware, but their software is just junk to me. It's so overly proprietary. So much so that I could never switch from PC, and I've been considering moving from an iphone (which I've been using since 2009) to a Galaxy S III.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    since i updated mine i havent used it very much either...it wouldnt have been a big deal if they implemented changes slowly, but without knowing that once i stalled the software that the entire UI would be the most confusing shit i have seen, i wouldnt have updated..

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    hate it
    wish i didn't upgrade

Itunes 11 - The Audio Version of Apple Maps

• haven't downloaded.

but i have noticed that there has been a SERIOUS unravelling of product quality since ol jobsy took the dirtnap. [ipadmini/iphoneXL?]

i always thought he was just the face to the brand, but could it be that he was in control of more than that.?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Im pretty simple and im not have any issues w/ iTunes,

Except their database is crazy limited. I throw in some albums and they cant find the damn album cover?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    batmon said:

Except their database is crazy limited. I throw in some albums and they cant find the damn album cover?

I gave up on their finding album covers for me. Even when they find one, it was often the wrong one. So I just find a jpg online and use it for the album cover art. Super easy.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    bluesnag said:
    batmon said:

I gave up on their finding album covers for me. Even when they find one, it was often the wrong one. So I just find a jpg online and use it for the album cover art. Super easy.

Yes that's the same method I use for covers.

• Anyone fucking with Google Play, talk about terrible interface. Works great as a backup for files though and to listen to stuff on my phone.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Wait, people actually look at album covers in iTunes?

bluesnag said:
    batmon said:

I do that as well.

WTF????

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    The fact that the search function sucks is enough to wonder what the hell they were thinking? So you want me to run all my music through iTunes but it's a total pain in the ass to find it once it's there. Great!

Also, when you go into a playlist it no longer shows the GB size at the bottom. So now I just have to guess if it's to big to put onto my iphone/ipod. I'm sure the GB size is somewhere but I haven't had time to figure it out.

Pretty much everything I want to do first involves me doing a Google search on how to do it.

All of Apple's talk of their stuff being instinctual so you don't need instruction is total BS. The help window is worthless unless you search for something exactly the way the help page is worded. At least Google gives me a list of possibilities.

People don't like change. You want to up the graphics, fine. Don't make major changes in the way something has functions for 10 years.

volumen said:

Also, when you go into a playlist it no longer shows the GB size at the bottom. So now I just have to guess if it's to big to put onto my iphone/ipod. I'm sure the GB size is somewhere but I haven't had time to figure it out.

Spent all day familiarizing myself with this shit.

Go to > View > Show Status Bar

How do you sort by YEAR?

All i have is Album, Genre, or Artists......

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    batmon said:
    How do you sort by YEAR?

In SONGS if you right click the bar near Albums, Names etc you should bring up a menu where you can add all sorts of fields, including release date & year.

• ITUNES HATES MY SERATO.

• Okem said:
    batmon said:
    How do you sort by YEAR?

In SONGS if you right click the bar near Albums, Names etc you should bring up a menu where you can add all sorts of fields, including release date & year.

In SONGS you can click the Album column heading to toggle between sorting by Album, Album by Artist and Album by Artist/Year. In ALBUM and ARTIST you have to click View then View Options to sort by year.

It's such a bad update. But at least it's consistent with Apple Maps.

• Cannot save an "Up Next" playlist into an actual playlist.

This is beyond stupid. So you make it easy to cue up songs to play next, but if I want to save that list of songs... Um... I can't just click and do that?

Apple's testers need to be fired.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    RAJ said:
    white_tea said:
    My main peeves is that you can bring up just a straight search of whatever -- you have to select individual search results out of a little submenu.

Yes!

I'm still trying to figure out how to have all songs show up in main window when I search.

I used to be able to search a word like "money" and have all songs show up in the main window and do shuffles.

FUCK!

Type "money", then press enter, and it will show up in your main window.
    Took me forever to figure that out.

• Glad this thread is here...since we went to just one turntable at the station I have relied on iTunes more and more...glad I didn't get caught up with this as I would have just updated and then probably not fusked with it til it was time to put a show together. Then, I would have yelled and cussed, scaring my dog and irritating my wife. Thanks soulstrut.

Tabasko said:
    RAJ said:
    white_tea said:

Yes!

FUCK!

Type "money", then press enter, and it will show up in your main window.
    Took me forever to figure that out.

Thank. You!

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I like the new feature for adding songs to a playlist. If you just click on a song and drag it to the right of the screen, it brings up all the playlists and you can add to whichever one you want. I've been struggling it with it, but so far it just seems different, not worse.

• hated it at first. kinda dig it now though

raj - in the search bar, click the drop down menu and select Filter By: All. this will restore search to normal behavior. the new search drove me absolutely nuts; just terrible for large libraries.

also, for you artwork/tag obsessives, i highly recommend TuneUp. just go big with the one time purchase option and be done with it: https://www.tuneupmedia.com/store/products

it's not perfect but its the best option out there. still very tedious but over the course of a few months i was able to properly tag/de-dupe and set cover art for all complete albums. loosies is another issue.