Inauguration

2»

Comments

• what?
    no comments about beyonnce (how much did the tax payers spend on her)? professor griff's illuminati connections (and its implications)?
    and what has/is being down about the border?

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    HarveyCanal said:

I would say that most everyday people recognize how full of crap Obama is on the regular. But if you left it to your television, it would seem like we're a country of drooling robots.

Results of the 2012 election say otherwise. But don't let that get in the way of your "I hate Obama" mantra.

Yes, because it is well known that everyone in America votes in the presidential election.

But, but, but, everyone didn't vote!

This is how Paultards like Harvey reason. Not EVERY SINGLE PERSON voted, therefore most people think Obama is full of it.

No point in bringing up that Obama has a favorable rating of over 50% (you know, a majority). Nuts like Harvey will whine that not everyone was polled.

skel said:
    Obama is the weakest of weak sauce.

Whappen to those election promises?
    Gitmo is still there.

Leader of the free world?

GTFOOHWTBS

This shit is lollable.

Take a fucking check o yoselves

Laughable shit.

I'm fairly certain that GITMO has been discussed, and it was determined that you don't how things work here. Blaming Obama for GITMO not closing is not a legitimate gripe. He signed the order closing it. Congress has to allocate funds to close it. Congress has to decide where those held at GITMO are sent. Congress has said we are not spending any money to close it, and no one is coming here, or being sent anywhere else. Period.

The President is NOT a member of Congress. I understand you think the President can just snap his fingers and things magically get this done, but Congress deserves the blame. That includes Democrats.

Most of Obama's other campaign promises were fulfilled or are on their way to being fulfilled. Sorry.

Saracenus said:
    Paging vintageinfants! GIF this thread, please.

Seconded. I know I'm participating, but it's too soon for more politricks.

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Dante said:
    ah, yes. i was expecting that. carry on. i'll try to limit my contributions to this forum to opinions about "things that have happened in mexico city after 1990".

No, just don't make a thread that poses as you being inquisitive about what others think when you are really only fishing for confirmations of your own pre-determined opinion.

You asked. I said that Obama is a farce. You then asked why. So I told you perfectly valid reasons why. Then like all of Obama's supporters do, you ignore those facts just to fall back on the "he's a unique and interesting" figure bullshit smokescreen that is currently holding our country hostage.

Spare us already.

-I started a thread about the content of a specific speech. I had an opinion only after seeing it. I didn't want to open with that. If you look back, you'll see i posted the video and asked what people thought.
    -I asked you why you thought he was a dictator. You answered. I said 'OK' and pointed out another thing I thought was interesting about the speech.
    -You made your point about enemies and 'corporate exploitiation programs' and drones. Then I reiterated that I didn't start the thread to discuss Obama's policies, capitalism, war or democracy, but to discuss the Inauguration speech and its implications.
    -You said everyone know Obama's full of it, and argued that the elections aren't a valid indicator of american politic tendencies. I asked you if you had any other sources to base your opinion on, and pointed out that you arguments seemed weak and that I got the impression you were only speaking from your got.
    -You said you live 'there'.
    Please note I never argued against your view of Obama's policies; I only pointed out I didn't think your arguments were strong enough. I still do.

Since everybody started talking about Obama's policies and achievements and failures as head of State, and pretty much nobody commented on the actual speech I will co-sign on the invitation to GIF. this. thread.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Dante said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Yes, because it is well known that everyone in America votes in the presidential election.

fair point. but one must ask: if you don't accept election results as a valid indicator or barometer of american political tendencies, how can you say that "most everyday people recognize how full of crap Obama is on the regular"? are you quoting non-election-related polls?

I think it's pretty clear we're talking about neighborhood elders.

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    Thymebomb13 said:
    Dante said:
    Since everybody started talking about Obama's policies and achievements and failures as head of State, and pretty much nobody commented on the actual speech I will co-sign on the invitation to GIF. this. thread.

The best part of the speech was the Seneca/Selma/Stonewall trinity. I know that doesn't matter to the OMG taxes deficit! contingent but I'm glad that we're putting some of that culture war bullshit behind us.

Yeah, that kind of thing is what I found surprising in the speech. What I was thinking is: if women, black, LGBTT (please add on if needed, i never get it right), migrants, and blue collar workers rights are name checked in the speech, who is left outside? And I don't necessarily mean in the international spectrum.

Like, from the 50s until the late 80s, being a commie was the epitome of non-americanism. Then, terrorism occupied that place. What / who is going to be the ultimate Non-American?

• For starters, the sick dispensary owner that Obama's goons threw in prison to die.

Anyway, looks like a great show and all. Would be great if "the moment" has finally come so "we" can update the antiquated 1986 laws that govern the internet. But at this point I don't trust Obama to write the rules.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Dante said:
    Thymebomb13 said:
    Dante said:

The best part of the speech was the Seneca/Selma/Stonewall trinity. I know that doesn't matter to the OMG taxes deficit! contingent but I'm glad that we're putting some of that culture war bullshit behind us.

Yeah, that kind of thing is what I found surprising in the speech. What I was thinking is: if women, black, LGBTT (please add on if needed, i never get it right), migrants, and blue collar workers rights are name checked in the speech, who is left outside? And I don't necessarily mean in the international spectrum.

Like, from the 50s until the late 80s, being a commie was the epitome of non-americanism. Then, terrorism occupied that place. What / who is going to be the ultimate Non-American?

Non-Americans

• DanteDante 371 Posts

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts

haven't heard any James Taylor in forever, didn't realize he'd taken such an experimental turn