you and your friend, same girl (NRR)

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited August 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
aight this is the situation, and i thought i'd get some opinions: so there's a girl who's a friend of my brothers, who i've seen around lately. i get her number at a party a few nights ago. then i tell the homie, who in turn tells me that he's been "trying to holler at her for two weeks now". he tells me i'm shady for persuing her. my thoughts are, it would be shady if were were both hollering knowingly, but the fact that i didn't know, and the fact that i already got her number (and am really diggin' her...), makes me feel like i'm already ahead, so to speak, and that he should understand and not get mad... please help me out, dudes...

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    sounds like you're right, doesn't mean the next man isn't gonna be mad though...

• He's not hollering loud enough. Go for it...

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    she gave you her number. She wants you to call her.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    aight this is the situation, and i thought i'd get some opinions: so there's a girl who's a friend of my brothers, who i've seen around lately. i get her number at a party a few nights ago. then i tell the homie, who in turn tells me that he's been "trying to holler at her for two weeks now". he tells me i'm shady for persuing her. my thoughts are, it would be shady if were were both hollering knowingly, but the fact that i didn't know, and the fact that i already got her number (and am really diggin' her...), makes me feel like i'm already ahead, so to speak, and that he should understand and not get mad... please help me out, dudes...

He's been "trying to holler" for two weeks and doesn't even have a number or anything else to show for it?

What does "trying to holler" consist of in his case? Attempting to send telepathic messages of desire? Employing cryptic hand signals? Winking from across crowded rooms? I am saying, though.

I wouldn't feel at all bad if I were you.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    There's 6 billion people in this world. 3 billion are girls. Stepping on friends' toes is never a good look no matter how irrational they may be being. I suggest you dead it with this girl and show your friend that you value his friendship.

Remember: 3 billion girls.

-e

• see that's how i felt, but everytime i told him, "i already got her number though, it's different", he would reply, "oh, so you think you're pimp cause you already got her number? i've been hollering for two weeks (whatever that means). ask any homie, and they'll tell you, that's a shady move".

by the way, i found out last night, as i told him i got her number. dude is on some "man do you what you want, but that's shady", type shit. how can i explain to the homie that getting someones number is as opposed to "i;ve been trying to holler for two weeks"??

many thanks, dudes

There's 6 billion people in this world. 3 billion are girls. Stepping on friends' toes is never a good look no matter how irrational they may be being. I suggest you dead it with this girl and show your friend that you value his friendship.

-e

No, no, no.

You are misusing the statistics.

His friend is the one that needs to be reminded that there are 2,999,999,999 other women in the world.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

He's been "trying to holler" for two weeks and doesn't even have a number or anything else to show for it?

What does "trying to holler" consist of in his case? Attempting to send telepathic messages of desire? Employing cryptic hand signals? Winking from across crowded rooms? I am saying, though.

Dude's gaming ability is irrelevant. "trying to holler" could mean any number of things and none of them are particularly pertinent here. Point is, dude is bothered and if he's a good friend, I say you respect the fact that he's bothered and un-bother the situation... even if he is being slightly unfair and irrational.

3 billion girls.

-e

• He's been "trying to holler" for two weeks and doesn't even have a number or anything else to show for it?

i agree, but i would really like to justify what i'm doing to him. and i know there are billions of women, but i know y'all can feel me when i say, she's just one of those girls you feel you have to have...you don't come across too many like her...

• There's 6 billion people in this world. 3 billion are girls. Stepping on friends' toes is never a good look no matter how irrational they may be being. I suggest you dead it with this girl and show your friend that you value his friendship.

-e

No, no, no.

His friend is the one that needs to be reminded that there are 2,999,999,999 other women in the world.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    if your boy is really pissed then leave it alone. more than likely things with this girl wont work out, dont lose a friend over it. but hit once on the low.

Truth

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

No, no, no.

Perhaps. It's gotta be easier for dude to stop seeing this new girl than it is to convince his friend that he should not be bothered.

It pretty much depends on how close dude is to his friend.

There are certain dudes I would do this to and have no problem. Other dudes, not in a million years.

-e

see that's how i felt, but everytime i told him, "i already got her number though, it's different", he would reply, "oh, so you think you're pimp cause you already got her number? i've been hollering for two weeks (whatever that means). ask any homie, and they'll tell you, that's a shady move".

by the way, i found out last night, as i told him i got her number. dude is on some "man do you what you want, but that's shady", type shit. how can i explain to the homie that getting someones number is as opposed to "i;ve been trying to holler for two weeks"??

many thanks, dudes

I am starting to feel like by "trying to holler for two weeks" he actually means "trying to work up the courage to speak to her for two weeks."

Either that or she made up her mind that she's not feeling him about a week and a half ago.

• He's been "trying to holler" for two weeks and doesn't even have a number or anything else to show for it?

Dude's gaming ability is irrelevant. "trying to holler" could mean any number of things and none of them are particularly pertinent here. Point is, dude is bothered and if he's a good friend, I say you respect the fact that he's bothered and un-bother the situation... even if he is being slightly unfair and irrational.

3 billion girls.

-e
    see, that's the thing, i know dude is bothered by this, and i don't want to take it there, but i REALLY dig this girl, and haven't felt this way about somene in a while... sure maybe it won't last, but right now i feel like i have to get at her...

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I lost my best friend and my girlfriend messing with some shit like that.

Long story short - I was "seriously" dating this girl in High School who was a couple years older than me. She went away to college and her friends kind of seduced me ( ). My best friend at the time wanted to get with one the girls (the finer one, of course) but she wasn't really feeling him.

Dude got mad, blamed me for salting him and ended up coming to my crib while my girl was in town. He asked if he could come in for a second to could grab something of his and instead bum rushed the door (with another dude who was twisting my man's brain around about all this) and proceeded to tell my girl everything that happened.

Years later I ended up fighting him because of all that never getting resolved.

So, ask yourself if a girl is worth all that.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Has nobody commented on the AYOness of the thread title??? At least it would be most equitable to all parties.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    she gave you her number. She wants you to call her.

cosign.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Tell your homie not to wet it cause' "it ain't no fun if the HOMIES can't have none"............................................................................

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    her friends kind of seduced me ( ).

3 billion girls.

-e

Of course it's relevant.

Me, I am like an elemental force and the game is just not stopping because some little poptart wants to get his feelings hurt.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Jesus. Y'all are a bunch of bad friends.

-e

• I lost my best friend and my girlfriend messing with some shit like that.

Long story short - I was "seriously" dating this girl in High School who was a couple years older than me. She went away to college and her friends kind of seduced me ( ). My best friend at the time wanted to get with one the girls (the finer one, of course) but she wasn't really feeling him.
    Dude got mad, blamed me for salting him and ended up coming to my crib while my girl was in town. He asked if he could come in for a second to could grab something of his and instead bum rushed the door (with this other dude who was twisting my man's brain around about all this) and proceeded to tell my girl everything that happened.

Years later I ended up fighting dude because of all that never getting resolved.

So, ask yourself if a girl is worth all that. [/b]
    i know, my man, i know, believe me... but this girl is... man i havent felt this way about someone in a long time and i don't think i'll even find a girl like her... even if that isn't true, y'all got to feel me on feeling that way sometimes...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dude he saw her first so she's all his man
    thats so shady

• Jesus. Y'all are a bunch of bad friends.

-e

• i would hold off for a minute, once dude realizes he has no game with said lady you oughta be able to get in where you fit in

-e

True player for real/don't leave your girl around me...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

-e
    The way shit is going with that friend (and yes I have friends like this), he'll blame dude when shit goes wrong with another "holla" even if dude stops persuing girl

• dude he saw her first so she's all his man
    thats so shady
    i hope that's sarcasm

i would hold off for a minute, once dude realizes he has no game with said lady you oughta be able to get in where you fit in
    yeah, but how are we gonna look to her, to friends trying to holler? if i back off and he starts talking to her, we lames already, no? and what if she eventually digs him?? that would hurrt

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I say go for a trio

• Jesus. Y'all are a bunch of bad friends.

-e
    The way shit is going with that friend (and yes I have friends like this), he'll blame dude when shit goes wrong with another "holla" even if dude stops persuing girl
    i honestly can't see how he didn't get her number after two weeks of "hollering". the thought even crossed my mind, that he wasn't sure, but now he wants her MORE, cause he sees i want her, on some childish shit... maybe?