Request a (new) BIZ MARKIE story!

2»

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• i was at a wedding last spring and had drrank like 3 espressos (with ice cream floating in them) and then moved to a couple sips of liquor, so suffice it to say i was kindof loopy. so they play the mandatory "just a friend" and everyone had a great time. afterwards i heard a couple people pooh-poohing the biz on some one hit wonder shit and i lost my composure. i tried to explain to them how the dude is about as much a cornerstone of the world of hiphop, never to be replicated, as anyone...bu they were just looking at me like i was drunk and crazy. which i was. i think mentioning al b square mall, pickin boogers and the dragon didnt exactly legitimize my case? regardless, biz reigns supreme...i cant think of anyone more thorough in the game

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    i was at a wedding last spring and had drrank like 3 espressos (with ice cream floating in them) and then moved to a couple sips of liquor, so suffice it to say i was kindof loopy. so they play the mandatory "just a friend" and everyone had a great time. afterwards i heard a couple people pooh-poohing the biz on some one hit wonder shit and i lost my composure. i tried to explain to them how the dude is about as much a cornerstone of the world of hiphop, never to be replicated, as anyone...bu they were just looking at me like i was drunk and crazy. which i was. i think mentioning al b square mall, pickin boogers and the dragon didnt exactly legitimize my case? regardless, biz reigns supreme...i cant think of anyone more thorough in the game

I remember a co-worker of mine back when Just a Friend crossed over was sayin how much he liked THAT type of Rap.
    Funny, non-political, sing along chorus, non-threatening,etc.

Str8 eyerolls from me.

b/w

I ride for Diamond Shell's LP just for the Biz "production".

• I remember hearing a story a long time ago about someone seeing Biz all by himself, eating in a college cafeteria. The person went up to him and said "biz, what are you doing here" and in his total biz voice said:

"eatin' soup."

• batmon said:
    I ride for Diamond Shell's LP just for the Biz "production".

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    bevan, to be fair, i think alot of people would get a major kick out of your biz stories. it's stories like those that keep me going these days! in a world so upside down, it's makes me smile to read your interviews and stories...

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    jammy said:
    bevan, to be fair, i think alot of people would get a major kick out of your biz stories. it's stories like those that keep me going these days! in a world so upside down, it's makes me smile to read your interviews and stories...

I'll second this. Don't sweat the Syl stuff chirpitude. I loved that stuff, and appreciate the post. I think the whole Black Jazz fiasco probably pulled attention away from it.

Bring on the Biz!

• spcspc 534 Posts
    It's xmas, anybody got a a good biz story?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Not a new story, but you maybe like this interview with the diabolical from 1998...also check out the 2nd part for more stories and freestyles...merry christmas, y'all!!

http://www.mixcloud.com/stickydojah/sticky-dojahs-archive-series-biz-markie-dutch-masters-radioshow-1998/

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Thanks, will check that out