Put The Hurt On You

raedcabelloraedcabello 9 Posts
edited December 2012 in Strut Central
Posted a mix full of "souleros, souldies, rolitas, oldies" whatever you want to call them.

Have a listen: http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/mixes/indepth/put_the_hurt_on_you/

Inner Soul - Put the Hurt On You (Cherrie)
Johnny and the Expressions - Now That You're Mine (Josie)
Doris & Kelley - You Don't Have To Worry (Brunswick)
Diplomats - I've Got the Kind of Love (Dynamo)
Woman - I Want To Get Back (Shock)
Mike & the Censations - There Is Nothing I Can Do About It (Highland)
the WeekKnights - What Did I Do Wrong (Black Falcon)
Iron Knowledge - Oh Love (Tammy)
the Barrons - I'm So Lonely (Alithia)
the Knight Brothers - Tried So Hard To Please Her (Mercury)
Cheryl Williams - I'm Your Fool (Bengee)
Kansas City Express - This Is The Place (Friends of Sound) *Reissue

Comments

• Someone pointed out that there was a distinctive "Ding" in one of the tracks.

I humbly apologize. It was an email notification that made it's way into the mix while recording.

Carry on.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    raedcabello said:
    Someone pointed out that there was a distinctive "Ding" in one of the tracks.

I humbly apologize. It was an email notification that made it's way into the mix while recording.

Carry on.

I wouldn't sweat it. It's the modern-day equivalent of one of those lowrider radio shows where you can hear the phone ringing in the background. That human touch, you know? It lets people know there are other people out there.

But that Iron Knowledge is my jernt. I used to have that on some workout tape. No wonder I'm fat.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    gorgeous mix
    thank you for posting

• james said:
    But that Iron Knowledge is my jernt. I used to have that on some workout tape. No wonder I'm fat.

Definitely one of the grooviest basslines in a soul joint.

Glad you guys are enjoying the mix.

• Also wanted to thank you for posting this mix. I probably played it 5 times thru the first day I downloaded it...really good stuff here.

I couldn't get on eBay fast enough to get a copy of that Johnny & The Expressions. Trying to figure out how I'd never heard that one now that I see it's been featured on soul-sides.com and Derek's Daily 45 in the past. Incredible track and the flip is pretty good, too.

The Iron Knowledge and Doris & Kelley are also awesome, and it's great to hear the Diplomats track in it's entirety after only ever hearing the Soul Boulders edited version.