Soul Strut 100: # 41 - Serge Gainsbourg - Histoire de Melody Nelson

2»

Comments

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    yes, fantastic gainsbourg concept album, along with the anna ost, one of his best definately, also id like to chip in, heads up on melody nelson should be aware that there are two french phillips pressings, the first press heavy vinyl and the second late 70s press, thin vinyl, both good though, both with gatefold cover, the first (i think) laminated, the second issue not so much..

• easily one of my favorite records, start to finish. even the waltzer joints are amazing.
    serge is such a creep and all his girls are so fly, which somehow makes it all even more perfect

• m_dejean said:
    It's not from Star Trek, it's from an episode of Space: 1999.

Haha, I was just joking, I had no idea that existed - great footage!

More like Space 1969, though.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    LoopDreams said:
    HOLLAFAME said:
    A masterpiece.

such a lush, funky , unique vibe

one of the first raers i found (easier in quebec though)
    although i believe gainsbourg to be a selfish prick this was his musical vision and expression in it's greatest condensed form amazing record and complete piece of art

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

It's sad that in over 35 years of record collecting, I have NEVER laid eyes on a copy of "Histoire de Melody Nelson" in the field. I have heard tracks from it, and I love them. So, if someone is in the market to sell a copy, I'm ready to buy it.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• High quality reissue out on LITA, if that does it for you.

• This album changed my life. 28 minutes of pure and utter genius, and to think he only had song titles when he walked into the studio...

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    I've spent the past two days having my mind blown by this:

FrankketanElectrodebillbradley

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,783 Posts