What’s with rappers and Cheesecake Factory?

dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
edited August 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
My friend waits tables at one in the Valley, and has served Dre (on the weekly. Wouldn't sign my Chronic LP, but I guess that's understandable, this is his time), Eminem, 50 Cent, Xzibit, and Lil Cease (comedy picturing managers being like "do you know who that is?" "no, but I think he's a rapper"). Kanye reps the 'cake in School Spirit, what's the deal? Ain't these guys got more 'spensive taste than mall spaghetti?

Comments

• folls like red lobster too.

• taza_one[/b] was at The Grove location with his beautiful girlfriend a week ago. Good food, good treatment, nice lighting, he was feelin' it.

No servers asked for an autograph. No one got shot.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Cheesecake Factory is the SHIT, mane. Those roadside sliders are the bomb. And the cherry cheesecake too.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Cheesecake Factory is the SHIT, mane. Those roadside sliders are the bomb. And the cherry cheesecake too.

Straight to Marina Del Rey in September. My first port of call......zing!

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    It's those beepers they give you.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    folls like POPEYES[/b] too.

• Cheesecake Factory is the SHIT, mane. Those roadside sliders are the bomb. And the cherry cheesecake too.

pot stickers on the appetizer menu are shockingly decent as well

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

"Yeah, I told y'all ni**az
    about goddamn takin' them hoez to the Cheesecake Factory
    Lettin' them hoez order strawberry lemonade and popcorn shrimps
    They ain't goin' do nuthin'
    but try to take all your motherf**kin' cheese!"

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    the meatloaf is good, if not a little too gargantuan...the mashed potatoes piled on top reaches a peak of at least half-a-foot, then there are fried onion thingys on top of that...its good, but your left arm kinda aches and it is hard to breathe after you eat it.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    The food at the Cheesecake factory is TERRIBLE! Their cheesecake is not even good. My mom's cheesecake is KILLIN' theirs! I don't understand why the Cheesecake factory is a popular restaurant. There is a cheesecake factory here in downtown Seattle and there is always a line of people outside waiting to eat. A lot of the people in line look like look like tourists. Don't these people want to try a good local Seattle restaurant? Try some Northwest cuisine people; support a local family run spot. Why do people eat at chain restaurants when they are on vacation? I am sure most of these people have a cheesecake factory near their home. I think a large part of it (no pun intended) is the HUGE portions of food the restaurant serves. I often see many people leaving the restaurant with to go boxes. Why are Americans so fixated on places that have huge portions of food? The food can be bad, but as long as there is a huge plate of it people seem happy. You are MUCH better off supporting family run local restaurants that serve good fresh food. Stop going to these wack corporate chain restaurants. There, my rant for the day is finished.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Benihana Bitches[/b]

fuck cheesecake factory...fuck stinking rose...fuck crustaceans...fuck black angus....fuck red lobster...semi-fuck lawrys[/b]

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    fuck red lobster...[/b]

Ahh - steppin' on my toes with that one, mang!

My best memories of Red Lobster are of the edible pre-entree accouterments:

Those fluffy butter/garlic biscuits

and

Mozzarella sticks with that red sweet & sour sauce (upon request).

YUM!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

fuck red lobster...[/b]

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    fuck red lobster...[/b]

and

YUM!

YES! Them shits are good! I only go there for them biscuits and fried clams. How can you fuck up a fried clam?

If i want a real piece of fish, I DO NOT go there.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    fuck red lobster...[/b]

and

YUM!

YES! Them shits are good! I only go there for them biscuits and fried clams. How can you fuck up a fried clam?

If i want a real piece of fish, I DO NOT go there.

Sheiiit... that's what Long John Silvers is for!

• folls like red lobster too.

Dude, I live like 2.5 miles from the beach, fresh fish as far as the eye can see, and the locals are STILL lined up in front of Red Lobster. No accounting for taste...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Red Lobster is also a terrible restaurant as is the Olive Garden.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    as is the Olive Garden.

and Chilis...and El Torito...and Acapulcos...

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    ads in the menu are

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Co-sign! I've been to Oliver Garden a number of times and always thought it was terrible. Give me a greasy diner any day.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    No accounting for taste...

I'm runnin' w/ BC on this one - Cheesecake Factory's menu is pretty generic, unexcitin', and straight bland; people keep rushin' to it in different cities, I guess, b/c it's familiar territory like Houston's...

I knew a guy who was datin' a girl who thought that Red Lobster was haute cuisine, like a Michelin 5 star locale -

Olive Garden = Italian Sizzler...

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Olive Garden and Red Lobster are the same company.

With so many of its restaurant concepts making music together, Darden could be called the Orchestra of Orlando. With more than 1,300 locations in the US and Canada, Darden is the leading operator of casual-dining restaurants, including flagships Red Lobster and Olive Garden. Red Lobster is the #1 seafood chain (about 680 units), while Olive Garden leads the Italian-dining segment (about 560 outlets). Both chains cater to families with mid-priced menu items, themed interiors, and primarily suburban locations. Darden also operates a small chain of tropical-themed Bahama Breeze restaurants that offer Caribbean-inspired food, along with Smokey Bones Barbeque & Grill, a growing chain of barbeque eateries.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    as is the Olive Garden.

and Chilis...and El Torito...and Acapulcos...

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

HOW CAN YOU HATE ON RED LOBSTER?!?!?!

all you can eat crab legs! mmmmmmmmm
    garlic cheese biscuits! mmmmmmmmm
    all you can eat shrimp! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

the shrimp scampi is the bomb.

I know it's not haute cuisine but it's some damn good comfort food. I go just for those biscuits, which I haven't quite mastered yet...although the key is Bisquick I do know that much.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I know it's not haute cuisine but it's some damn good comfort food. I go just for those biscuits, which I haven't quite mastered yet...although the key is Bisquick I do know that much.
    daze, i'd really like to check this out, but my kid's scared of crab legs.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    when I worked at a certain rackord store in Pasadena (that didn't sell rackords). I would slang raers from home to the dudes who worked at the cheesecake factory next door for dinners & deserts.

Sometimes I'd eat those meals while listening to my favorite rap albums

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Fuck Roscoes. Worst wannabe soul food ever.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    saying

come down to the Prado or 150 Grand in SD
    almost the same prices, 4 star food

I love me some portions though

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

daze, i'd really like to check this out, but my kid's scared of crab legs.

I thought you were trying to scare the shit out of him anyways?

• Fuck Roscoes. Worst wannabe soul food ever.
    who said anything about Roscoes?