What’s with rappers and Cheesecake Factory?

2»

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Fuck Roscoes. Worst wannabe soul food ever.
    who said anything about Roscoes?

• I love how the immediate onslaught of support quickly turned to (deserved?) hate. I'm pretty much on the "Fuck a Cheesecake Factory" tip too, not because the food's that bad, but I don't know, fuck a cheesecake factory.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

I did.

I'm not trying to offend anyone. But I get confused when I see people lined up 3 hours deep for greasy nasty ass chicken. There are so many other places to get way better "comfort food". Or do people just go there because they might see B Real?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

I knew a guy who was datin' a girl who thought that Red Lobster was haute cuisine

The scene in The Wire's first season when D is out with Donette at the chi-chi restaurant and he asks her if she thinks the staff and patrons all know who he is and what he does for a living and he talks about feeling like no matter where he goes, he can't shake off what he is and where he's from and the feeling like he doesn't belong anywhere...that is one of the best things I've seen on a screen in a long time. Donette didn't really understand what he was expressing. I think she was mostly happy not to be eating at Red Lobster.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

I did.

I'm not trying to offend anyone. But I get confused when I see people lined up 3 hours deep for greasy nasty ass chicken. There are so many other places to get way better "comfort food". Or do people just go there because they might see B Real?

people care if the see B-real?

• i may or may have not seen grandmaster flash at juniors. i hate cheesecake, but i'll have a bite of junior's cheesecake. it's not bad, but i still cant eat a whole piece.

roscoes is alright. there's a spot in torrance that has the bomb fried rice and spam breakfast. something okazuya. i like it better than roscoes for comfort food.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I did.

who waits 3 hours for Roscoes?

I go cause the chicken is greasy & good. Waffles are not to be fucked with. and a full meal is like $10 (with a to go box for breakfast tomorrow)

and I only go to Jack in the Box to see B-real

• Fuck Roscoes. Worst wannabe soul food ever.

I did.

I go cause the chicken is greasy & good. Waffles are not to be fucked with. and a full meal is like $10 (with a to go box for breakfast tomorrow)

go to roscoes in long beach. never evar a wait. peace, stein. . .

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I did.

go to roscoes in long beach. never evar a wait. peace, stein. . .

I propose a Long Beach soulstrut record nerd day.

1. Bagatelle
    2. Roscoes
    3. Bagatelle again
    4. VIP?

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Maybe I was a little harsh when I said "fuck Roscoes". It's just not for me. I guess I'm just not that much of a grease lover. B Real was just the first name that came to mind...not sure why..weird.

But to those that frequent Roscoes (or don't) I highly recomend P Shaws Bistro above Roscoes on Gower. Bomb ass catfish & grits casserole. The collard green soup is good as well.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Maybe I was a little harsh when I said "fuck Roscoes". It's just not for me. I guess I'm just not that much of a grease lover. B Real was just the first name that came to mind...not sure why..weird.

But to those that frequent Roscoes (or don't) I highly recomend P Shaws Bistro above Roscoes on Gower. Bomb ass catfish & grits casserole. The collard green soup is good as well.

is that the Hollywood roscoes? I've never been to that one, I usualyl hit up the one in Pasadena (seems to be a soulstrut favorite). IF your going to the one on Pico and don't want to wait you need to hit up Kicki Chicken on Washington 2 blocks west of La Brea. $6 will get you a 1/2 chicken and 3 sides of some of the most bomb ass food you ever tasted.(no tax too)

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts

The scene in The Wire's first season when D is out with Donette at the chi-chi restaurant and he asks her if she thinks the staff and patrons all know who he is and what he does for a living and he talks about feeling like no matter where he goes, he can't shake off what he is and where he's from and the feeling like he doesn't belong anywhere...that is one of the best things I've seen on a screen in a long time. Donette didn't really understand what he was expressing. I think she was mostly happy not to be eating at Red Lobster.

cosig

also when D takes the cake off the desert cart. his reaction is perfect.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Yo roscoe's is good as hell.

so is houstons.

aint really nothin wrong with cheesecake factory either.

or red lobster.

yall gormet bougie bitches.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

I knew a guy who was datin' a girl who thought that Red Lobster was haute cuisine

cosign. I think the wire is probably the single best show Ive ever seen on t.v. though. Ever.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

cosig

also when D takes the cake off the desert cart. his reaction is perfect.

totally! as was when Wee-Bey takes him to his house and D thinks he's gonna get killed but then...the fish!

agh! When the hell is Season Three coming out on DVD? I'm dyin over here!