Don't we got some Pittsburgh strutters?

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited November 2012 in Strut Central
Ill be settling into the 'burgh for 3 weeks of fine television making work right after thanksgiving. Was hoping someone may know what happened to the argyle one The_mack?
I'm almost positive there's more dudes out there.

Outside of 3 rivers stadium and the Warhol museum what else y'all got?

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    The Mack
    Guantanamo Jones
    Humanacat

• Mattress factory. I liked the new exhibit at the carnegie. The sports museum has a Nfl exhibit.

• I was there last year for our second bout with the Ravens. The Mrs. and I really didn't go to many places while we were there because we just wanted to see the game. We gorged ourselves with the delicious Primanti Brothers sandwich shop though. We went to the main shop too, the one that was showcased on "Man vs. Food" in the Strip District. Man, I wish I was in P-burgh right now so I can see them pluck the Ravens on Sunday night!! GO STEELERS!

• Many sites many happenings, hit me up guzzo

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Thanks all

Humanacat: check thy PMs

Also if any Pittsburgh strutters want to be a production assistant on a music related show hit me up privately

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    In town the weekend Aug 16 and 17 and heading to the Pirates game on that Saturday (sitting in the U.S. Steel luxury suite; may potentially have a loose ticket or two). Anything interesting afoot as far as bar events or parties?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Humanacat really came through for me on my trip out there. I didn't have much free time but he put me up on bars, shows, and record spots. Dude is dude.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    I can recommend Kelly's and/or Gooski's as apt watering holes.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    And it looks like I'll be in town weekend of September 14-15 for a Pirates game!

• bassie said:
    And it looks like I'll be in town weekend of September 14-15 for a Pirates game!

easily one of the top 5 best ballparks in baseball

vintageinfants said:
    bassie said:

easily one of the top 5 best ballparks in baseball

That's what I understand from a co-worker. We were going to go to Detroit, but my workmate (who has visited 15 stadiums this summer with his sons) recommended that the extra bit of driving was worth going to PNC.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    bassie said:
    the extra bit of driving

Damn. That's 300 extra miles. You Canadians must be used to some long drives.

Extra hour or so? Half the fun will be the road trip anyway.
    I spend so little time with my brother, his gal and my nephew anyway - I'm glad for the extra time together.

And I'm not driving.

bassie said:
    I spend so little time with my brother, his gal and my nephew anyway - I'm glad for the extra time together.

And I'm not driving.

Ha! Maybe in kilometers. That's an extra four hours without traffic. Although with ample rest stops to Johnny Blaze, there's nothing wrong with that at all. Just don't get Biebered at the border.

• DB_Cooper said:
    bassie said:
    the extra bit of driving

i still find it staggering that the US has like 8 major metropoli within an afternoon of eachother. the nearest place to toronto worth visiting in canada is 600km to the east and 1300km after that. and pretty much only vancouver in the other direction. (4400km?)

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I took a nice cruise from Chicago to Minneapolis last year to catch a Twins game, heading directly west to the Mississippi River after a pit stop for a beer run in New Glarus, WI. We then tracked the river all the way to the Twin Ciites, after stopping overnight in LaCrosse, WI. Leisurely, blazed and bucolic - traffic was light as f. Now meeting some of those same people in PA, but flying to Pittsburgh and on the flip side doing a one-way car rental to Columbus, OH (don't ask).

vintageinfants said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    bassie said:
    the extra bit of driving

i still find it staggering that the US has like 8 major metropoli within an afternoon of eachother. the nearest place to toronto worth visiting in canada is 600km to the east and 1300km after that. and pretty much only vancouver in the other direction. (4400km?)

Yeah, but if you're considering Detroit and Cleveland in that count, I'd say it's an over-estimation. Besides, you guys have all those wonderful trees. Which is pretty nice.

white_tea said:
    a one-way car rental to Columbus, OH

That sounds like a really bland euphemism for murder.

DB_Cooper said:
    bassie said:

And I'm not driving.

Ha! Maybe in kilometers. That's an extra four hours without traffic. Although with ample rest stops to Johnny Blaze, there's nothing wrong with that at all. Just don't get Biebered at the border.

I'm more likely to get Maher Arar'ed :(

Google maps is saying 3hrs 45min to Detroit and 4hrs 54min to Pittsburgh
    My brother has driven there before as well, so I think he knows what he's in for.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    bassie said:
    the extra bit of driving

Sayin!!!

I love road trips. They're the only reason I wish I drove a vehicle. Been thinking about doing a road trip to Halifax with my Dad for a while. Might try to make it happen this fall.

I would love to visit more US cities! Only been to Houston and Chicago. I didn't really I really have time to explore though.

I've taken three road trips through most of the States and the drive down to NO through Memphis, along the border to LA, up to Las Vegas and then diagonal east back to Toronto was AMAZING.

Hi - Late with this as we're leaving tomorrow, but any suggestions on places to eat would be greatly appreciated. Staying at the Fairmont, are with a seven month old and have a car so can travel.

We love Indian, Mexican, seafood, Italian or whatever Pittsburgh is famous for.
    Maybe a good breakfast/brunch place, too?

Thank You.