How could you not like cilantro? Hated foods related

13»

Comments

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Frank said:
    Flomotion said:
    CORIANDER!!! Ha, thanks for the translation!

I knew you'd know it and most probably love it. Mexican cuisine would be unthinkable without it. Here in Costa Rica people seem to eat it in quantities like others eat lettuce... I buy a big bag two or three times a week.

I LOVE coriander! I guess there are entire continents let alone countries which are best avoided if you're not a coriander eater...
    You didn't try the local speciality of cha ca in Hanoi, did you Frank? I thought you'd like Hanoi - I visited a few times from the mid 90s through to mid '00s and loved the place.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Flomotion said:

You didn't try the local speciality of cha ca in Hanoi, did you Frank? I thought you'd like Hanoi - I visited a few times from the mid 90s through to mid '00s and loved the place.
    I had to google it but yeah, I had it... I had so much food. My hosts were amazing and made sure I'm not missing out on anything. I especially love the way you order a ton of different dishes as a group and then share it all. This way you can try so much different stuff in one seating.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I love cilantro.

Only thing i hate eating is pretzels. They make me gag. Big bready ones are fine, but the little guys...ugh...the fake smoke flavour and crumbly dustiness grosses me out.

I guess i'd have a hard time with tripe, too.

First two people listing cheescake?! it's weird in here.

• remind me to have approximately NONE of you over for dinner. i ate a fucking cow tongue two weeks ago, just for something to do. it was delicious.

That said, I'm not TRYING to eat anything pickled or brined... maraschino cherries, beets, et al. but that doesn't disqualify them from being eaten when prepared in a different manner.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Tongue is one of the juiciest and most tender muscles of the cow. It was considered a Sunday's meal where I grew up. In West Africa the tongue is the same price as other top cuts of beef. I get how a few things could be off-putting to some people but tongue?

On the other hand the human mind is a weird thing. I'm a big lover of headcheese, have prepared veal headcheese myself which was a bit weird of an experience: You basically start with the entire face of the animal as it was pulled off the boiled head, the snout, eye lids etc all intact and everything in one piece. It was skinned before the boiling but there were still some fine hairs that I had to shave off with a razor sharp knife and I also had to remove the whiskers from the lids. To do so I pulled the whole thing over my hand like a mask and looked at it face to face. It was a curious feeling looking at the soft features of this baby cow... anyway... it ended up to be some delicious headcheese... on the other hand, my father-in-law who worked a a butcher all his life once sat down for dinner and cut a pigs snout into slices and for some weird reason I could not bring myself to eat it... looked like a european power plug and was all nice and smoked and smelled good and all but I just couldn't eat it.

• I'll fux with just about anything.

EXCEPT insects. I just don't think I could bring myself to eat a grasshopper, cock-a-roach, etc.

and cilantro is delicious.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I used to eat pan fried termites by the bowl full. Slightly salted, crunchy, once you chewed them up they get all rich and creamy in your mouth. Very nutritious also. I couldn't do roach size bugs or larvae though.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Frank said:
    I used to eat DONKEY SAUCE by the bowl full.
    Slightly salted and it gets all rich and creamy in your mouth. Very nutritious also.

:pic:

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    :comedy_gold:

• I like cilantro.

If you eat chocolate, wheat flour, pasta, peanut butter, popcorn or fish, you're eating a certain percentage of insects, rodent filth and parasites.

I don't like tripe.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    batmon said:
    Frank said:
    I used to eat DONKEY SAUCE by the bowl full.
    Slightly salted and it gets all rich and creamy in your mouth. Very nutritious also.

:pic:

Arharharhar....

Well played, Sir.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Frank said:
    I used to eat pan fried termites by the bowl full. Slightly salted, crunchy, once you chewed them up they get all rich and creamy in your mouth. Very nutritious also. I couldn't do roach size bugs or larvae though.

I would baulk at most insects (I've eaten ants in Australia), yet have no qualms about crabs, prawns, shrimp, molluscs et al - the underwater equilvalent of land-based "Creepy crawlies". Odd, isn't it?

• Had Hog Jowls for the first time a couple weeks ago...spectacular. Salt cured, so I craved a gallon of water every 15 minutes for the next couple days, but they were delicious.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Frank said:

I would baulk at most insects (I've eaten ants in Australia), yet have no qualms about crabs, prawns, shrimp, molluscs et al - the underwater equilvalent of land-based "Creepy crawlies". Odd, isn't it?

I still have a jar of waterbug paste from Thailand a buddy copped for me.

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    rootbeer/cinnamon/popcorn/odd flavored jellybeans
    wheat beer/cosign budweiser
    almond joy
    jellied ham
    tuna salad ham salad or mayo based pasta/potato salad
    alfredo/imitation crab meat pizza (atrocious)

• Jroam said:

amen, brother....have you seen the jelly bellies with rotten flavours like dog food, vomit, pencil shavings, etc?

http://www.jellybelly.com/Shop/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=98782

• crabmongerfunk said:
    Jroam said:

amen, brother....have you seen the jelly bellies with rotten flavours like dog food, vomit, pencil shavings, etc?

http://www.jellybelly.com/Shop/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=98782

Geah.... I saw those dreadful Jelly Belly "Beanboozled" candies at Barnes and Noble a few weeks back. I should have bought them and let my kids give them to their friends to eat! So much fun to be had...

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Boiled Eggs.

• Good call on popcorn.

The smell of the buttered stuff makes me want to throw up.

• badder_than_evil said:
    Good call on popcorn.

The smell of the buttered stuff makes me want to throw up.

Then you should also watch out for Chardonny that has undergone malolactic fermentation (ML). It has the same buttery flavor known as diacetyl.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    You can tell the super tasters, or at least the picky eaters, from the adventurous.

I am in the the have (might again) eat(en) bugs camp.
    Other people are complaining about root beer and popcorn.

I admit the thought of eels (did you see The Tin Drum?) makes me gag, but I would try them if they were served to me.

• LaserWolf said:
    people are complaining about root beer and popcorn

talking about jelly belly flavours. rootbeer is one my favourite things on earth and who can diss popcorn?