edited November 2012 in Strut Central
Lets get it going dudes.
NJ and NY look destroyed.

Comments

• Sunfade said:
    Lets get it going dudes.

Nice...0 replies.

• sween is live on the scene in rockaway beach. it's a complete disaster.

on his command, i will donate until i can give no more.

• matter of fact, ill put this forward:

my current contract ends in 15 days and i live close to the enough to NY/NJ to make the trip. i have a lifetimes experience in plumbing and general construction. if one of our strutteurs puts forward the need for help, i will gladly donate a week of volunteer labor on my dollar to help rebuild for someone who needs it.

• Brooklyn! NORTON RECORDS needs volunteers to help with flood damage at their warehouse. 917 671 7884 nortonrec@aol.com to get details.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    matter of fact, ill put this forward:

my current contract ends in 15 days and i live close to the enough to NY/NJ to make the trip. i have a lifetimes experience in plumbing and general construction. if one of our strutteurs puts forward the need for help, i will gladly donate a week of volunteer labor on my dollar to help rebuild for someone who needs it.

Awesome, man. That's mighty kind of you.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Sunfade said:
    Sunfade said:
    Lets get it going dudes.

Nice...0 replies.

We have entered an age of unprecedented Strut apathy.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    sween is live on the scene in rockaway beach. it's a complete disaster.

on his command, i will donate until i can give no more.

Same.
    Been thinking of Sween.

b/w

Sounds like things are bad in Hoboken.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Things are pretty bad in the Caribbean too.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    matter of fact, ill put this forward:

Great sentiment. I would gladly do the same thing if I could. The logistics of heatrocks are serious, I don't think it's apathy, just people would probably rather contribute directly

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Honestly, I haven't really been following this closely on the news but from the accounts from people on here & waxidermy things don't seem that bad. So it's hard to gauge the impact raising a bunch of money would have. Haiti, Catrina etc were different cases as far as I can tell.

From here on the West Coast what I am hearing is:

The storm hit a wide area and some places are coping better than others.

Some places have been almost completely absent from news reports, like Western MD and West VA, where 3' of snow has fallen.

Some places were ill prepared and will become large scale disasters if things don't improve soon. Hoboken has a large population, is still under water, electricity could take another 5-7 days to be restored.

Barrier islands along the Jersey shore (and north and south) were very hard hit.

While most property owners do not have flood insurance (the insurance industry does not sell flood insurance) it is likely they will eventually receive fed money and rebuild.

It doesn't seem like money is what needed most right now. What is need is for people on the ground to help each other, and for disaster relief organizations to do their thing.

Springsteen, Bon Jovi and Billy Joel are doing a tv fund raisers tonight.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    This has been discussed in our house, and my conclusion was that i can help the MOST by getting out of the way. That means staying off the roads and bridges and not gawking at the damage. Second only to that, would be contributing to the red cross and local charities. Getting back to normal will help our local economy get back on it's feet. We were very fortunate to come out of this with little to no loss. If anyone on this side of the East River needs a hand with anything feel free to yodel at me.

• DocMcCoy said:

Things are always bad in the Caribbean and money is not going to solve it. Way too much corruption and dishonesty for the money to make it to where it matters. This is all so obvious though....I know.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    rizzdizzle said:
    DocMcCoy said:

Things are always bad in the Caribbean and money is not going to solve it. Way too much corruption and dishonesty for the money to make it to where it matters.

They are?

What do you suggest?

• bassie said:
    rizzdizzle said:
    DocMcCoy said:

Things are always bad in the Caribbean and money is not going to solve it. Way too much corruption and dishonesty for the money to make it to where it matters.

They are?

What do you suggest?

1. Are you unaware of the violent history of the Caribbean? Slave uprisings, violent dictatorships, civil wars, criminal violence etc....Have you been oblivious to the region's numerous natural disasters: volcano eruptions, earthquakes, tropical storms and hurricanes, as well as the humanitarian fall out that follows? Outside of the tourist industry, marginal agricultural and export industries it was my understanding that most people are poor and that there is quite a bit of violent crime. But hey, that's just what the UN tells me.

2. I am not proposing anything to fix these problems. I am just suggesting that US aid dollars are not helping, or not helping as efficiently as people hope.

• rizzdizzle said:
    bassie said:
    rizzdizzle said:
    DocMcCoy said:

They are?

What do you suggest?

1. Are you unaware of the violent history of the Caribbean? Slave uprisings, violent dictatorships, civil wars, criminal violence etc....Have you been oblivious to the region's numerous natural disasters: volcano eruptions, earthquakes, tropical storms and hurricanes, as well as the humanitarian fall out that follows? Outside of the tourist industry, marginal agricultural and export industries it was my understanding that most people are poor and that there is quite a bit of violent crime. But hey, that's just what the UN tells me.

2. I am not proposing anything to fix these problems. I am just suggesting that US aid dollars are not helping, or not helping as efficiently as people hope.

you crawled out from under a rock for THAT?

• from sween's instagram

• RAJ said:

Facebook vacuumed up all the intensely personal random chatter.
    Twitter stole the #humblebrags and self promotion from C-list DJs barely relevant 8 years ago.
    Instagr.am and Tumblr now host all those wild random photo threads of yore.
    Kickstarter killed the heatrock.

I am so 2005.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i would not want to be out there looking for gas right now. Schitt is NUTSO!

• vintageinfants said:
    rizzdizzle said:
    bassie said:
    rizzdizzle said:
    DocMcCoy said:

They are?

What do you suggest?

Hey vintageinfants! I hope you have stayed on the wagon and are not too drunk to actually help this time around. The last go around you framed out crappy walls and installed sub par plumbing. Thanks, nj/ny.

• vintageinfants said:
    rizzdizzle said:
    bassie said:
    rizzdizzle said:
    DocMcCoy said:

They are?

What do you suggest?

Hey vintageinfants! I hope you have stayed on the wagon and are not too drunk to actually help this time around. The last go around you framed out crappy walls and installed sub par plumbing. Thanks, nj/ny.

evidentally, you have me confused for someone else. either that or you're attempting to make some poignant statement about disaster volunteers only being in it for the time away from home?

in either case, you've shit your pants in front of the class TWICE now.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    herbacios tweed said:
    RAJ said:

Twitter stole the #humblebrags and self promotion from C-list DJs barely relevant 8 years ago.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    herbacios tweed said:
    RAJ said:

• If you're in NYC and want to help, please sign up here: http://www.nycservice.org/

• You zeros. Fusk this I'm setting it off.

FAT BOYS FRESH FEST 1986 TOUR PAINTERS HAT (AUTOGRAPHED!).

I will priority mail the hat to the winning bidder upon the winning bid donation to http://www.nycservice.org/

At 20.00$, Bidding starts at 6:30 PM tonight and ENDS at 6:30 Sunday.

GOOD LUCK

Jonny_Paycheck said:

Canceled.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    $45