Kanye will inflate Curtis Mayfield eBay prices...

2»

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Just for the record I only posted this topic because everyone was posting posts with Kanye's name in them... I had no clue a good old fashion SS anal probe session would break out... sorry.

how did you have no clue?

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    I heard Just Blaze produced this beat. I guess we'll know if that is true or not when the actual album comes out.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Just for the record I only posted this topic because everyone was posting posts with Kanye's name in them... I had no clue a good old fashion SS anal probe session would break out... sorry.

how did you have no clue?

good question, maybe I should where no one would reply and it would have been forgotten by now.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    if it takes Kanye West to introduce you to Curtis Mayfield, then (in my biased opinion), there is a severe wiring problem with your listening priorities.

Is that really a bad thing? We all start somewhere; I'd bet just about everyone here entered the world of older soul/funk/jazz/etc through hip-hop. Someone's 16 this month and beginning that journey right now.

If a person wants to learn more about Curtis after looking through the liner notes of their Kanye album, more power to them. At least they're being proactive about refining their music tastes, rather than filling their iPod with the Billboard top 100.

i'd have to agree. i've learned about my favorite music by going backwards...its like the footnotes are more impressive than the essay.