What's your favorite vintage Baseball Cap?

downtownrobbrowndowntownrobbrown 446 Posts
edited October 2012 in Strut Central
Always wanted this and picked up a snapback yesterday for $19.99 from JackThreads.

Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Pittsburgh Pirates layer cake hat.

• Bon Vivant said:

I got a sweet vintage new era snapback of that. I was going to sell it but I ended up keeping it.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    downtownrobbrown said:
    Bon Vivant said:

I got a sweet vintage new era snapback of that. I was going to sell it but I ended up keeping it.

I have fond memories of that hat. Reminds me of being a small kid in the late 70's, Willie Stargell, Bill Madlock, etc.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

'79 Seattle Mariners

San Diego Padres '78

Chicago Cubs 1908

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

• The-gaffler said:

That's sharp and local for me! Love those colors.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts

I've gone through like 4 of these and my current one is super beat up...I love this hat.

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    I was sporting a black .45s hat over the summer. Interesting mix of people commented on it: old timers curious to know if I knew it was an Astros hat rather than a caliber of hand gun; young dudes liked it because they thought I was reppin' weapons in general.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I wish the bill wasn't bent though:

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I like the Orioles' "smiling bird" one.

FUCKFACE!

cookbook said:

Goddamn...

• You guys wear flat brimmed baseball caps? #imawigga. Yo, I'm down with hip hop ya'll!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

I needed to have a vintage 80's Phillies hat. I had to add some vinyl loving flavor to it though. This is my favorite vintage baseball hat at the moment.

rizzdizzle said:
    You guys wear flat brimmed baseball caps? #imawigga. Yo, I'm down with hip hop ya'll!

what the fuck does that mean?

• covecove 1,566 Posts

• Chicago Cubs 1914

batmon said:

Chicago Cubs 1908

This one is mean as hell. It reminds me of that Grays throwback that Iverson used to wear a lot waay back in the day. I actually bought that same Grays hat thinking it was an old Georgetown hat.

JectWon said:
    batmon said:

Chicago Cubs 1908

This one is mean as hell. It reminds me of that Grays throwback that Iverson used to wear a lot waay back in the day. I actually bought that same Grays hat thinking it was an old Georgetown hat.

I had one for years but my head has gotten bigger. I need to cop a new one in my current size.
    Its a nice lighter cloth too instead of that heavy current whatever shit the hats are now.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I was super excited when I saw Zev Love X wearing this in the "Peachfuzz" video a few weeks after I bought one. Bought it again recently but unfortunately it doesn't quite fit like I want it too, even after removing the support lining. I need to find me a wool replica.

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    Fleamarket find: vintage new era snapback no logo on side and tighter fitting thinner material

classic logo

• indyindy 58 Posts
    JectWon said:
    batmon said:

Chicago Cubs 1908

that one is heavy. real nice.

still, y'all record nerds need to step your game UP!

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    The_Non said:
    I wish the bill wasn't bent though:

st. louis browns, right? i wore that hat as kid. funny, mine didn't have a curved brim.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

been wearing these lately

the snappers hat is no longer used on field.

still, y'all record nerds need to step your game UP!

[/img]

I had this 20 years ago. Latte pas. And it wasnt New Era. I think Cooperstown was the label.

The throwback hat got hot a long minute ago. It never really recovered since its cool-off point.

There used to be a Baseball card place near IIRC Second Coming Records in the Village. Next to the long defunct New York Hot Sauce store.
    They had an entire wall of old school baseball hats. I would cop from them all the time. I take a photo of the dusty joints I still have.

Lazer said:

...beautiful. What team is that?