Mr Thing - Nerd Is Bond (breaks/samples mix)

djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
edited October 2012 in Strut Central

Comments

• Thanks! I downloaded but haven't listened yet. Mr Thing is one of my favorites.

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    Yeah he's a beast, Champion Nerd is a great mix too

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    thanks waxon. mr.thing does it again!

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    thanks downloading now

• Wow this is really good. Thanks for posting! Had not heard of Mr Thing but will be checking for more...

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    He was in the original lineup of the Scratch Perverts back in the 90's and also uk dmc champ/3rd in world 2000

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    djwaxon said:
    He was in the original lineup of the Scratch Perverts back in the 90's and also uk dmc champ/3rd in world 2000
    I was fortunate enough to support him at a gig awhile back and he is a very nice chap also. Knows his records! A good producer too...

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    This is great. Has the feel of a '90s break mix... great tune selection. Thanks for poasting!

• i didnt get the feel of a 90s break mix at all. very soulful, not a lot of breaks, a lot of things ive never heard on a loop tape. its like a grown man music break tape! great stuff!

Having listened to it in it's entirety I agree with you, but he did a tape with Killa Kella (beatboxer) that was similarly left-field in it's track selection... anyone remember the name of that one? Think there was a Lynn Christopher juggle routine, various library joints and some hip-hop like Mos Def "Mathematics".

This has some great juggles - would've liked more scratching though.

• The "grown man" description is perfect for this mix!

Antistatic Mounthwash was the name of the tape he did with Killa Kela, Jazz Fudge styles, might have to give it a blast - has been a while .. but I co-sign too on Mr Thing being an all around top bloke, who owns the tables like few others

Duderonomy

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    hugh_lucero said:
    The "grown man" description is perfect for this mix!

Antistatic Mounthwash was the name of the tape he did with Killa Kela, Jazz Fudge styles, might have to give it a blast - has been a while .. but I co-sign too on Mr Thing being an all around top bloke, who owns the tables like few others

I bought this tape at mr bongo in 2000 and rocked the shit out of it. I need to rip it to digital and see how well it's aged.

• well here's the first ID request...what is that shit that comes in at 9:07? i might actually have it and it's driving me crazy.

• Pistol_Pete said:
    well here's the first ID request...what is that shit that comes in at 9:07? i might actually have it and it's driving me crazy.

You have the tracklisting dude ->

I'Ve Got To Find A Way (To Hide My Hurt) (Part 2)
    By Moses Dillard & The Tex Town Display

• thanks...i didn't see a track listing, that's why i asked.

That Day By Day track (around 21 min mark) by Eddie Kendricks sounds like a dry run for Girl You Need A Change Of Mind.