SCORPIOFF BEAT POLL: TRACKS AND VOTING INSIDE!

2»

Comments

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    again, i couldn't find the time to do this. bummer.

i think scrapio could have gone somewhere interesting, but sort of stayed in just one place. pretty much like rounds.

i liked call me hank's breezy / ez vibe a lot.

slow down scorpio was probably the best chopping / use of the sample, but didn't do it for me completely.

not voting yet, i think.

great work, everybody!

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    Decided to vote for #1 over #8, but was hard to choose between both of them. Some great beats put out there all around. Would by both on vinyl in a second.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    wow, banging tracks all around, heads got busy, seems like a few bailed out this time around though, guess 10 joints is good too haha, gotta run through these on propper speakers before placing vote..

btw, somebody should drop mr dennis coffey a link, im sure he would appreciate the work done here on his classic funk track..

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Stella work yet again. I seem to gravitate towards the ones that stray away from the chopped up concept, I think partially because I don't really like the og track all that much, but there's some great work in there none the less. The Can track deserves some kind of special prize for originality.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Mr. Coffey is not the worlds friendliest. Not for nothing, but I'd be wary of bringing this to his attention.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    Holy shit..... Fire flame all around. I, too, will have to marinate a while on these. So much goodness up there. Incredible work dudes..

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Listened to these a lot in the last few days.

I am proud to say I am the first, but I am the sure not the last, to vote for Score Peon.
    I was going back and forth between 4 of (what turned out to be) the five most popular (by votes cast).

Then I finally got around to listening to the last one.

All are great.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I was going to say I like a short into, verse, bridge, verse outro.
    But the one I voted for does not really fit that structure.

• Some cool really stuff. Thanks to everyone! I need to listen again (and again) the next couple of days before I can decide.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Om my lord. The community really stepped this one up. Im gonna need a day or two more to vote!
    Good job fellas

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Voting ends tomorrow (Wednesday)!

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Had to go with Can. I cringed a bit when I saw the title, because that'd be an easy one to NOT do well. But that was done very well. I hear a lot of Halleluwah in there as well.

• Nice work everyone. Interesting how both contests have been landslide wins so far.