Im Jay-Z'ed OUT.

2»

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    skel said:
    pimlicosquirrel said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    8pm start time is too late for me with work the next day :(

Color me stumped. What is it you do that precludes you from attending events after 8pm?

His time zone is closer to Japan.
    Hawaiian Brian-R
    new york brian who wakes up at 5 to go to work-r now
    my girl got out at 1 and took an hour to get home. can't keep up anymore

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    batmon said:
    phongone said:
    Regardless of the size of his ownership stake, dude was instrumental in bringing an NBA team to Brooklyn. He should be commended for that. I celebrate this example of black excellence.

Was he instrumental? Or did he get recuited by Ratner years after the planned on movin out of Jersey.

Jay-Z had little if anything to do with it, this was in planning years before he was on board and Prokhorov was the one who made it happen when the money looked grim.

Jay-Z certainly helped put it over the top branding and image-wise, but he didn't do anything crucial.

b/w

Did you pass out on the 'submit' button?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    shit froze

• i could SMELL the haterade burp

[/hater]

Jay's YouTube Channel

• Not on the same level as Batmon, but I did just buy NBA 2K13 (which is awesome), executive produced by jigga.

Fucking hell it's annoying. Every other song on the soundtrack = Jay Z. The intro is some basketball stuff, but mostly Hova.
    And then for some reason they start showing a Diddy video before a game?!?

It's annoying.

Still a good game though.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
    batmon said:
    Im Jay-Z???ed OUT.

Since the mid-nineties. Since he was proclaimed as a being good. Charisma-bypass operation was a success. Likewise the Emperor's new clothes.

B-b-b-b-b-but he got swag! Hateur.

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    batmon said:
    Haterade Burp.

Batmon, there have been several articles detailing Jay's involvement (or lack there of) in the Nets. I believe this article covers some of the items in this thread.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/16/nyregion/with-the-nets-jay-z-rewrites-the-celebrity-investors-playbook.html?_r=2&hp&pagewanted;=all

I think Bloomberg also had a pretty good article, but can't be bothered right now to look for it.

• With the Barclay Center being opened in Brooklyn for the Nets and him all over the new NBA 2K13 i cant escape this dude.

If i hear how much hes so involved with marketing and that shit im gonna puke.

My geek ass is gettin on line at midnight to cop the NBA 2K13.....Deluxe Edition.

I bet the menu music is gonna be all fuckin Jovah songs along with him talkin non stop as the commentator.

The last person to oversaturate shit like this was Fresh Prince circa Ali whatever.

Brand Backlash x 1000.

Damn .......I'd hate to to hear how you feel about Kanye. Jay-Z's been like that to me since 2001.

batmon said:
    Damn .......I'd hate to to hear how you feel about Kanye. Jay-Z's been like that to me since 2001.

Kanye came out this way. Jay wasnt the man until Biggie passed.

• countmacula said:
    batmon said:

Kanye came out this way. Jay wasnt the man until Biggie passed.

Biggie died 15+ years ago.....you're just now "Jay-Z'ed out".
    Yeah, he's really been flying under the radar until the Nets moved to Brooklyn.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    I have to agree. Him and his wife.

I took my girlfriend to go see the Great Gatsby the other day and most of the music, if not all, was Jay-z or Beyonce related. It could have easily been a 2.5 hr music video for 'Watch The Thrown'.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Well, you better get used to him...he's an immortal Highlander and he isn't going anywhere until someone chops his head off...word to MacLeod.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    [Connery]

There can beeee only one!

[/Connery]

I can't knock his hustle but I certainly can get annoyed by it lol

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    JectWon said:
    Well, you better get used to him...he's an immortal Highlander and he isn't going anywhere until someone chops his head off...word to MacLeod.

GUYS HE'S ONE OF THOSE LIZARD PEOPLE, DON'T LISTEN TO HIS MUSIC HE'S BRAINWASHING YOU WITH HIS SUBLIMINAL ILLUMINATI MESSAGES