Black T.V. Thread

12346»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

MODERN SOUL TV!

Karl Kani TV

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    This one's for Batmon, in case he still has it bad for Tracy Reed. From the fall of 1970...

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    kala said:

Funny to see Larry Willmore from the Daily Show in the writing credits on that.

pickwick33 said:
    This one's for Batmon, in case he still has it bad for Tracy Reed. From the fall of 1970...

Holy fuckin Shit. Talk about obscure.

My only other hope of gettin Tracy Reed is when she was the "evil sister" witch on Tabatha. The Bewitched spinoff of the late 70s early 80s.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    batmon said:
    pickwick33 said:

Holy fuckin Shit. Talk about obscure.

My only other hope of gettin Tracy Reed is when she was the "evil sister" witch on Tabatha. The Bewitched spinoff of the late 70s early 80s.

[i]Barefoot In The Park [/i] was only on for one season (1970-71). When Love, American Style went off the air and into reruns, episodes of Barefoot were incorporated into the series.

Holy shit!!!

Heywood Nelson in '75.

Jackson 5ive: The Complete Animated Series will be released by Dreamworks Classics to DVD and Blu Ray on January 15th.

The Saturday morning cartoon, which has developed a cult following, was produced by Rankin/Bass and Motown and aired on ABC from 1971 to 1972.

The cartoon characters in the 23 episode series were not voiced by Michael Jackson and his brothers, but featured their music.

Coppin this shit on Bluray tmmw morning.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    did anyone watch this during its initial run? what was the series like?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Sony Pictures and producer Scott Rudin will turn the groundbreaking ???70s sitcom Good Times into a feature film. They???ve set a writer, Phil Johnston, whose most recent credits include Wreck-It Ralph and Cedar Rapids. Rudin will produce the family comedy with Eli Bush.

casting?

SIRUS said:
    Sony Pictures and producer Scott Rudin will turn the groundbreaking ???70s sitcom Good Times into a feature film. They???ve set a writer, Phil Johnston, whose most recent credits include Wreck-It Ralph and Cedar Rapids. Rudin will produce the family comedy with Eli Bush.

casting?

HELLS TO THA NO!

Family comedy?

No dog food eating old lady.
    No teenage pregnancy.
    No Herion addiction.
    No teenage drinking.
    No scared white folks.
    No child abuse.
    No unemployment.
    No Lenny.
    No Chicago Gangsterisms.
    No teenage violence.
    No Black Militant kid.
    No underage dating.
    No Gary Coleman!

Fuck this project.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    and they're changing the time period for some reason. not even to update it, it's going to be set during the 60's now...

SIRUS said:
    and they're changing the time period for some reason. not even to update it, it's going to be set during the 60's now...

See thats just all kinds of wrong.

Good Times is so 70s.

The conditions are so specifically set in the post Civil Rights Black Community.

Micheal is not going to have the same game in the 60s that he does in the 70s.

What the hell are the gonna have him preaching? SNCC shit?

Dont get me started.

So Bad its Good.