Rap You're Liking

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Lil Boosie's daughter:

I love this so much.

• Never cared enough to listen to these guys, but I'm diggin' this song.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts

• There's another new(ish) Fiend song where he says "All I do is win (Nguyen) like my lady's Vietnamese." Ha!

Herm said:
    There's another new(ish) Fiend song where he says "All I do is win (Nguyen) like my lady's Vietnamese." Ha!

Hilarious! White people such as myself screw up pronouncing that name every time. France would be proud.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    On first listens - both the Gunplay and Starlito are solid. About the latter, I am a Mike Will fan, too.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Latte passe, but I like the JB flip on this:

• Killer Mike is the one right now for me, I love the sample, the beat and the lyrics. It's a definate hip-hop triad for me.

I take it back - the Gunplay is half-way unlistenable. Can something actually get worse with repeated listens?
    Oh well.

Stylin' and profilin'! Whooooo! So good I'd Figure 4 myself.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts

• A bit old now but lately i've been really digging the Slaughterhouse "On The House" mixtape. Haven't enjoyed their stuff in the past but this kinda 'lyrical miracle' battle rap feels right to me in September 2012.

Also i just wanted to say that this thread has turned me on to heaps of tracks/artists that i wouldn't have heard before. So thanks. Its also interesting working out which strutters share my taste in hip hop.

Spacecho said:
    A bit old now but lately i've been really digging the Slaughterhouse "On The House" mixtape. Haven't enjoyed their stuff in the past but this kinda 'lyrical miracle' battle rap feels right to me in September 2012.

Also i just wanted to say that this thread has turned me on to heaps of tracks/artists that i wouldn't have heard before. So thanks. Its also interesting working out which strutters share my taste in hip hop.

Yeah, I like this thread a lot. People just posting up music (of all varieties) that they're feeling without all the sourness you used to get in rap threads on here - whether this or that is sufficiently real or whether it's music for teenage girls or all that caper. And yeah, I've been put on to some great stuff as well. It's underlined my belief that, right across the board, rap is in terrific shape now. Whatever your taste, there's a lot of good music out there - if you're willing to seek it out.

I've been meaning to check that Slaughterhouse tape because I was really disappointed in their album. I wasn't expecting it to be a masterpiece or anything, but between the four of them there's enough talent to produce an interesting record, and in fairness they all do their bit pretty well, Joell Ortiz in particular. But fuck me, whatever you think of Eminem's ability as a rapper, he's got a tin ear for beats to rival Nas. I think he has co-production credits on about three-quarters of the album, as well as being exec producer, and you can tell he's had a lot of control over the musical direction. Way too much of it sounds like every other shitty record he's been involved with. It doesn't help that few of the other producers involved brought their A game to the project.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Slaughterhouse got Alex Da Kid leftover beats that even MGK turned down. You can tell certain tracks on the album were probably alright before the Eminem additional production like that No.ID 'Get Up' song.

magpaul said:
    Slaughterhouse got Alex Da Kid leftover beats that even MGK turned down. You can tell certain tracks on the album were probably alright before the Eminem additional production like that No.ID 'Get Up' song.

Yeah, that's exactly the kind of thing I mean.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Probably the best place for this:

so creepy and so good
    like this Curt@!n$ person...

• Duderonomy said:

I was tempted to buy this but talked myself out of it since I still have the OG. Doesn't everybody?? I can't imagine people would let something as classic as the purple tape get lost in storage, misplaced or something over the years...

• Herm said:
    Duderonomy said:

I was tempted to buy this but talked myself out of it since I still have the OG. Doesn't everybody?? I can't imagine people would let something as classic as the purple tape get lost in storage, misplaced or something over the years...

I never bought the tape, only the cd. I might have bought one of these just for te fun of it, but that shit sold out fast. I bet 75% of the people who bought it don't even have a cassette deck. These things always seem so cool, but often just stick out like sore thumbs and they don't fit on normal shelves.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    those wu tang reissues have been more than impressive, but yeah, if i wanted to buy a tape i'd want it to fit on the shelf with the rest of my tapes, not in some box that displays it like a medal of honor or something.

• "Oh shit son, you was awarded the purple tape of honor in the 2012 Backpackers Rebellion?"

Sorry for re-posting this song again - but now there's a good video for it.

• bassie said:
    Sorry for re-posting this song again - but now there's a good video for it.

Kwest Tha Madd Lad?!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    bassie said:
    I take it back - the Gunplay is half-way unlistenable. Can something actually get worse with repeated listens?
    Oh well.

Yep, I blame Rick Ross.

It's basically just a thrown together hidge podge of freestyles which is fine in itself but sadly not going to cut the mustard after expectations have been raised. Bible On The Dash stays being fantastic though,

Generally been a bit underwhelmed by recent releases I've heard. This is pretty great though:

And got low expectations for the full mixtape but this is keeping me happy with some Z-Ro until Angel Dust drops:

The Murs and Fashawn album is pretty decent - nothing groundbreaking, but some nice production and lyrically it manages to pull off a back-in-the-day nostalgia vibe without resorting to an excessive use of rose-tinted glasses. The only track I could find on line right now is the title track, which is musically one of the weakest, but the rest of the album's worth a listen.

I don't think these kids are quite there yet, but they could be worth keeping an eye on. Definitely in a wibbly wobbly world of their own, so to speak.

• DocMcCoy said:
    The Murs and Fashawn album is pretty decent - nothing groundbreaking, but some nice production and lyrically it manages to pull off a back-in-the-day nostalgia vibe without resorting to an excessive use of rose-tinted glasses. The only track I could find on line right now is the title track, which is musically one of the weakest, but the rest of the album's worth a listen.

There's this one too: