Tha Sneaker/Kick/Grown-Man-Shoe-Way Thread Part n

JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
edited October 2015 in Off Topic (NRR)
I think we lost the other thread in the fire...

So dude at work turns up in full Olympic vol outfit today, including the rocking of these:

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Inside of stay also says "Game Maker".

I also got me some ZX500s for Ibiza which I feel are more patriotic.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Rocked these at an art opening on friday.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    These are both hideous and snappy imo....but a little more on the snappy side than the awful:

And the laces are too thin.

Not sure how much I like them with jeans....generally speaking, dress shoes and jeans is cringe-country. I think these are quite nice and would wear them myself.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    batmon said:

What did you wear with those? They look like the kind of shoes that would compliment a bow-tie real well.

Kindly,
    parallax

parallax said:
    batmon said:

What did you wear with those? They look like the kind of shoes that would compliment a bow-tie real well.

Kindly,
    parallax

A spinning bow-tie?

bassie said:

Not sure how much I like them with jeans....generally speaking, dress shoes and jeans is cringe-country. I think these are quite nice and would wear them myself.

100% with you on the dress shoe/jeans combo as a faux pas. But the above works, except for the jean fold--it doesn't fit imo--the jeans should be hemmed and tapered.

Kindly,
    parallax

J i m s t e r said:
    parallax said:
    batmon said:

Kindly,
    parallax

A spinning bow-tie?

Bow ties are back, my friend! Not easy to rock, but looks dapper when done right.

parallax said:

Fresh out the box White t-shirt and crispy shorts. Clean & Simple with the eye being drawn to the shoes. Casual clean.

• J i m s t e r said:
    parallax said:
    batmon said:

Kindly,
    parallax

A spinning bow-tie?

I was thinking the kind that squirts water.

Horseleech said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    parallax said:
    batmon said:

Kindly,
    parallax

A spinning bow-tie?

I was thinking the kind that squirts water.

Hahah!

• This was taken a year ago. I've added a few since then:

• Just got these last week:

Herm said:
    This was taken a year ago. I've added a few since then:

:killin_it:

are those your Barry White chairs too?

ive told myself that im gonna step up my shoes game in 2013.

• snosno 332 Posts
    parallax said:
    bassie said:

100% with you on the dress shoe/jeans combo as a faux pas. But the above works, except for the jean fold--it doesn't fit imo--the jeans should be hemmed and tapered.

Kindly,
    parallax

I reckon the kiltie tongue plus the longwing detailing on top of a bright and flashy color that killed the look. A pair of understated longwing with high water length denim could look pretty cool:

Awesome. Just awesome.

• Sno! I'm gonna have to post a pic of the customization job I did with a pair of those Visvims. Out of town at the moment but I'll do it when I get back.

Batmon, those are indeed my chairs. Got 'em for free when I worked at the bank. They were lobby chairs in the branch. Our properties guy delivered new chairs one day and I asked "If I wanted these who would I talk to?" He said "Got a truck?" I took 2 of 'em home that day. (Luckily I had an SUV.) I could've had all 5 but my dumb ass wasn't thinking. Anyways, had 'em both upholstered in aubergine microfiber for $300 (total) at a co-worker's husband's shop.

• Doble.

• snosno 332 Posts
    Herm said:
    Sno! I'm gonna have to post a pic of the customization job I did with a pair of those Visvims. Out of town at the moment but I'll do it when I get back.

Can't wait to see it!

Im fine with the jeans and "dress" shoe combo. It can be a relaxed preppy steez.

It depends on the shoe. Nice clean loafers arent as "dressy" as some other styles and can be rocked on the neutral.
    It can be a relaxed preppy steez. Old dudes do it all the time with the tied around sweater action like the Alpha Betas in Revenge of The Nerds.

The cuffs on those jeans w/ the Blue shoes is wack IMO.

I see skinny jeans with hard shoes all the time on the younger set.

I was rocking some pointy black shiny shits with black jeans and a smart shirt at a wedding reception this weekend. First 8 hours of the wedding was in a suit. Man doesn't want to be carting multiple shoes around on a wedding.

Also, the vomit comes clean off. WIN-WIN.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    nevermind

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    herm is killing it
    for the jeans combo it depends on the shoe and jeans
    i am getting there with the shirt tie, suit combo /variation game multiplicity
    but i need to bring shoes into the occasion

the problem for me is the mall/store selection is horrible and it takes an entenity to go through mediocre selections
    i need to go online but with my othopedic inserts i am limited as fuck on what i can buy blind
    these insoles are a pain for the dress game while a breeze for the sneaks

• Sorry for the size of these, I'm just taking 'em straight from my Facebook page:

Haven't had the balls nor opportunity to wear these yet:

• snosno 332 Posts
    My alden indy boots:

EarthTone-Deaf.

• we never really did get a definitive answer on the 'chucks at a wedding' conundrum....

too man-childy? wasted opportunity to floss proper fine shoes?

(of the 6 weddings i attended this year, all of them had the 'chucks with everything' guy in attendance. including a full set of groomsmen)

vintageinfants said:
    we never really did get a definitive answer on the 'chucks at a wedding' conundrum....

too man-childy? wasted opportunity to floss proper fine shoes?

(of the 6 weddings i attended this year, all of them had the 'chucks with everything' guy in attendance. including a full set of groomsmen)

Usually thats a no-no but........

Ive worn fresh out the box all white Jack Purcell's to a wedding before. But I wasnt friends w/ these muthafuckas. Just a date for a ladyfriend. And it wasnt w/ a rented tuxedo. The inner circle of men wore tuxedos, but were attempting to breakdance once the "rap" music came on. Corny and dressed dont mean shit.

If the entire vibe is kinda "loose/free" like that (folks arent rockin hard black shoes,refraining from At Last or Frank Sinatra), and dudes are wearing Jordans n- shit to the affair, fine.

Its depends on the context and if your have the style to really make them work w/ your entire shit vs putting on a regular-ass suit and then throwing some Chucks on like some rebellious undergrad.

If its a traditional cookie cutter affair keep it classic if your a part of the inner circle of men.

• I'm a classics dude.

And some time you gotta flip it on folks

vintageinfants said:

I like them. Been looking for a decent kick to wear with grey jeans.

Where coppest thou?

• J i m s t e r said:
    vintageinfants said:

I like them. Been looking for a decent kick to wear with grey jeans.

Where coppest thou?

http://shop.ballandbuck.com/products/new-balance-x-ball-and-buck-us574