Wives/Girlfriends And Records

Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
edited August 2012 in Strut Central
Just wondering if I'm the only one who goes to considerable lengths to conceal just how many records I buy? She's got nothing against me buying them, BUT I think the steady ebay deliveries are testing her a bit. Same with any one I've been with. Time spent in record stores is also an issue at times. I now employ the "bankable time" method. Basically, for every minute I spend looking at her crap is redeemed for record store time. Works pretty well overall. Ebay is the bitch right now. When I buy shit in the field, it's just a matter of getting them in the crates and all is good. Aki at Cosmos told me has fake receipts for the the real junkies. Not there yet, but it won't be long.

Comments

• What a lucky lady. Swoon.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    What a lucky lady. Swoon.

Seeing as that records are my major vice, I guess she actually is overall.

• they'll just never like..... GET IT, man

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Bait thrown. Not taking it.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    they'll just never like..... GET IT, man

haha...so true

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Can't imagine how hot it would be to have a chick that's as into vinyl as I am. There was a chick featured on dustandgrooves. Amazing. But the "raer" of females in my experience.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I'm happy to say that this has never been a problem for me and I've been married for close to 12 yrs. There's actually been times that wifey checked my watch list on eBay and surprised me with records. I've always realized that I've been blessed to have someone put up with this addiction. She always says, "hey, he could be spending his money on worse things".

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Breez said:
    I'm happy to say that this has never been a problem for me and I've been married for close to 12 yrs. There's actually been times that wifey checked my watch list on eBay and surprised me with records. I've always realized that I've been blessed to have someone put up with this addiction. She always says, "hey, he could be spending his money on worse things".

That's great. My wife and I have been married for 6 years and she's totally cool with my record habit.

Hell, it works in her favor. When she wants to check goodwill's and shit for cool old stuff, she knows I'll be down strictly because of the records.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    JectWon said:
    Breez said:

That's great. My wife and I have been married for 6 years and she's totally cool with my record habit.

Hell, it works in her favor. When she wants to check goodwill's and shit for cool old stuff, she knows I'll be down strictly because of the records.

That's pretty sweet. I'm kinda there too. She understands why I like it. But I think deep down, she thinks there's an ending of some sort down the road. And at some point, I'll have enough. Just not the case. The fact that she's not a collector of anything makes the mentality/culture harder to grasp I guess.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Been addicted to women to the point that my records get jealous.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Been addicted to women to the point that my records get jealous.

:comedy_gold:

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    With the exception of the Niagara titty record.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    if your girlfriend is getting antsy about your records then you need to trade up to one who understands you better, i'm sure there are lots of cute girls here on soul strut just waiting for Mr Right.....

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Not about being antsy. More about adjusting.

• you've caught a fair share of hazing by this point. a LOT of it deserved..... but let me give you a little tip here.

you may have started the thread, you may have posted in the thread, you may have just read the thread...... but for you think that every single post on here is a personal response to you is a MISTAKE.

• TDLT02TDLT02 149 Posts
    I met my wife through a friend on a digging trip to Brazil back in the mid 90s, so she can't complain too much...LOL!

She saw all the records I already had up till then on her first visit to my place, does not mind as long as I don't spend money we ain't got (flexing the credit card to pick up a rare piece of wax for example, as I may have done back in my single days).
    Lounge, and dining room walls full of records, but she never complained to date, understands what it means to me, helps that she was in a band for many years I guess!
    I did drum it into her as soon as we began a relationship that I'd collected records since 1977, and they were there a long time before her....hahaha

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    you've caught a fair share of hazing by this point. a LOT of it deserved..... but let me give you a little tip here.

you may have started the thread, you may have posted in the thread, you may have just read the thread...... but for you think that every single post on here is a personal response to you is a MISTAKE.

Yep.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Anto99,

Actually, my musical sensibilities helped me mack on my wife when I met her. The first time she came by the pad, I played her some Alice Coltrane, Shirley Horne, Cal Tjader, Pharoah Sanders, etc. She plays keys, sings, is a big music aficianado, and she even goes diggin' with me on occasion (e.g., like to WFMU last year). Suffice it to say, she heartily supports my compulsion for collection records (no hiding vinyls over here).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak