THE NEXT BEATOFF-POLL OF CHOICES-CHOOSE WISELY

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited August 2012 in Strut Central
Since I'm a glutton for punishment, I've decided to organize the next beatoff. See the poll of choices and vote for what you'd like to do next. SAME RULES AS BEFORE, NO OUTSIDE SHIT, THE SAMPLE ONLY, but you can sample it, chop it, filter it, play with it on a sample keyboard, all that shit. I'm ok with adding your own original instrumentation, but we can decide on that too. Choose wisely you bastards, and don't box yourselves in. Date they're due will be figured out after voting.

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Or none of the above/suggestions?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Suggest away. It'd be nice if it was:
    1) Cheap
    2) Relatively Easy to Obtain Around the World
    3) Has a self contained drum break in it
    4) Classique Breakz or Some Relevance to Soulstrut

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Leoff part 2

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Or none of the above/suggestions?

Agreed. We should ask for suggestions before we make a poll.

• The_Non said:
    1) Cheap

I like this criteria. Basically the same as Mardis Gras. Must have an open break. That's the basic foundation and everyone just goes in their own direction after that.

I like the winner choosing, but think it should still e something that every knows, has access to, and has some sort of nostalgia/sample history/strut back story tied to it.

• SpacechoSpacecho 176 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    The_Non said:
    1) Cheap

I like this criteria. Basically the same as Mardis Gras. Must have an open break. That's the basic foundation and everyone just goes in their own direction after that.

I like the winner choosing, but think it should still e something that every knows, has access to, and has some sort of nostalgia/sample history/strut back story tied to it.

Me too.

• Nautilus..Has been used so much, but still has miles left in it.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Beatoffs fucking rule!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I propose a beat-off using only the drums from Black Betty, opening synth parts of Bargain, and any of the open instr passages from Hocus Pocus.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    The_Non said:
    I'm ok with adding your own original instrumentation, but we can decide on that too.

this would defeat the entire purpose of this as an exercise in limitations. not a good idea, if you ask me.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Possum Tom said:
    The_Non said:
    I'm ok with adding your own original instrumentation, but we can decide on that too.

this would defeat the entire purpose of this as an exercise in limitations. not a good idea, if you ask me.

yeah, the whole point was what people could do with a limited set of tools.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    SIRUS said:
    Possum Tom said:
    The_Non said:

yeah, the whole point was what people could do with a limited set of tools.

+1

theres multiple dimensions thats not yet been discovered within sampling.. pretty much an unlimited instrument on its own.

but id be in either way.. and cant say i would complain about beeing able to use my synths etc. if we allow instrumentation. fun to hear other strutters on instruments aswell.

my vote went to scorpioff 100%. fuck sayer! some of us went through that already LOL

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    I'm glad there is a new round I missed the first one. I voted deodato but would be just as happy with scorpio.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Beatoffs fucking rule!
    :oh_my:

• Possum Tom said:
    The_Non said:

Agreed. Only using the one song levels the playing field. This is what they should all be about. One song only.

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    scorpio, por favor.

• EkiMEkiM 40 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    Possum Tom said:
    The_Non said:

Agreed. Only using the one song levels the playing field. This is what they should all be about. One song only.

+1

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    soo..... is it a scorpioff then??? :D