Favourite Bond Film Title Track

JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
edited August 2012 in Strut Central
Freal doe, when we speak of Bond it's always about John Barry, and perhaps rightly so as dude had the drama game on lock. What is there not to like?

But with respect to the titular game, the franchise has blown hot and cold. I caught the Carly Simon effort today, and really, it's a beautiful tune. She doesn't have the biggest sword, but it's about Marvin Hamlisch flexing the pen:

Close second for me has to be Shirley Bassey's mad drama on "Goldfing-yjaahhhhh" (you cannot keep Barry down) and Gladys Knight getting the bronze for "Licence to Kill".

Whatchugot?

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I have not heard them all, nor do I want to...

Live and Let Die is actually pretty good, and one of the best things that Paul did as a solo artist.

The Look Of Love.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Hands down...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

• Tied between Man With The Golden Gun and Goldfinger.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i used to really like the Disco remix of Golden Eye, but im privy to Carly Simons joint.

And the unreleased Phillis Hyman Never Say Never Again.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    You Only Live Twice is a winner. There's a neat list.

Was listening to Octopussy entire OST today, bloody good stuff. View To A Kill deserves a mention too, all the Brosnan ones got bad music.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    FortyFivan said:
    Hands down...

YES x 1000

• No love for All Time High?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I'll say like I said the last time we did this: Gladys Knight "License To Kill" is a great tune.

• I am so in the Nancy Sinatra camp it is not even funny.

• Wow, am I the only one who rides for "Diamonds are Forever"? I'd rather listen to that than "Goldfinger." Seriously, while "Goldfinger" might be THE iconic Bond song I think DAF is a better song and it stands alone without having to throw the Bond theme in at the end. I also like how Bassey shows more restraint with the belting as the "he loves only goooooold" gets to be a bit much. One man's opinion...

I've also really liked "A View To A Kill" since I was a little kid. I'd pick it over most Duran Duran tunes.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Never as good as the first time: My vote is for John Peel crate-staple Sheener Easton doing it to it on "For Your Eyes Only," the titular (oh my!) song from the first James Bond movie I ever saw.

Carly is a strong pick, though.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    As I said last time:
    asstro said:
    "You Only Live Twice" is my favorite Bond theme, and the whole soundtrack is pretty great. I especially like Bjork's version:

If I ever become a supervillain I will demand that this be played everytime I walk into a room:

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I've been listening to and enjoying a lot of Nancy Sinatra lately.
    But I hope to never hear YOLT again.