JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
edited August 2012 in Strut Central
URL: https://users.premierleague.com/PremierUser/account/register.html
League name "::: SOUL STRUT :::"
Code to join this league: 564409-145053

LET US DO THIS, BATCHES!

Comments

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Going to attempt this for the first time, I predict ugliness on my part. I can already see that I screwed up choosing my team...

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    You can still change your team as much as you want prior to the 18 Aug 11:30 deadline.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I'm in.

BUMP

• I'm in again... Not a bad first season in the SS league for me last outing.. Last season 'Bayern Maiden', this season 'Sons of Pitches'.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Rastaklaut BwadBwoys are in full effect. Sh*t talking on the forum underway. Arsenal to do the treble.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Arsenal to do the treble.

Sell star player, Sack manager, Sell club to hay-rabzzz?

J i m s t e r said:
    Duderonomy said:

Percy hasn't actually gone anywhere yet, and even played in a preseason aganist FC Koln.

Wenger, despite my misgivings about how he handled things this time last year, did a great job last season. I'm actually optimistic - 2011 it was Cesc, Clichy & Nasri out, Mertersackofsh*t, Bena-useless and (the suprisingly good) Arteta in. 2012 Giroud, Podolski and Cazorla in looks a lot better.

Stan Kronker vs Alisher Usmanov will rumble on behind the scenes all season... might take Wenger to start losing for Kronke to sell his stake to Usmanov, and I don't know if I want that crazy Uzbekistani Bond-film-bad-guy running tings.

Duderonomy said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    Duderonomy said:

Percy hasn't actually gone anywhere yet, and even played in a preseason aganist FC Koln.

Don't stop believin' !

I know, it's almost as good as Ferguson thinking Man U were in with a shout. If Percy was going to move to Manchester, he'd be wearing blue, just like Nasri. I don't think he'll still be at Arsenal come the transfer deadline, but if Wilshire makes a full recovery I'd be happier about that.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    gooners

(shakes head)

looks at cesc arsenal shirt

(cries)

fin

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Innit

Duderonomy said:
    I know, it's almost as good as Ferguson thinking Man U were in with a shout. If Percy was going to move to Manchester, he'd be wearing blue, just like Nasri..

Read it and weep

United agree van Persie deal

Manchester United is pleased to announce it has reached agreement with Arsenal Football Club for the transfer of Robin Van Persie.

:walk_away_son:

J i m s t e r said:
    Duderonomy said:

One down... Well done!

How tawdry, tedious, tepid, banal and inglorious football seems now that the 'limmix has passed through.

Carry on.

• Song next.

Van Persie injured before November.

:comedy_gold:

Compared to the Berbatov deal, this is possibly the greatest signing of all time.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:
    Song next.

Van Persie injured before November.

Yes and, sadly, probably yes.

All amusement at being the ones this time to perform the standard feat of taking Arsenal's outstanding player for the season away, VP wouldn't have been my number one target for a summer signing.

He's a great player when fit but lack of attacking options wasn't really where I thought we fell short last time out. Still, sure he's going to do a decent job for the team and interested to see if Fergie reverts back to former formations to accommodate him.

I'm trying to see the funny side of this. The timing was certainly spot on, but selling to the team that finished immediately above you in the league only proves Van Percy's point. Arsenal are being run as a business first, and a successful team second.
    Worse is that while it's easy to point at La Liga and say they're as competitive as the SPL, UTD & Citeh poaching from their rivals only widens the gap from the top two and the rest. Last season I wanted anyone to win apart from UTD for the league's sake. Even Spuds... now a neutral would probably want Chelsea to have a strong tilt at the title. Can't see Arsenal or Tottenham sustaining a decent challenge.

I don't think this is Wenger's fault though Jimster, so not sure step 2 would be a good idea. If Usmanov were to see to it that the current board members were boiled alive in oil though, I'd sleep like a baby.

No, step 2 would be a very bad idea. I was just pulling your leg about the whole thing. RVP cashing in has been on the cards for a good while. For the record, I have 'nuff respek for AW. The Arsenal machine in full flow with Henry at the wheel was pure gold.

I'd like to see the dodgy Russian get on the wrong side of the KGB like that polonium bloke. "One lump or two, old chap?" etc. Arshavin could put the word in with Putin...

• Hughcumber United over here, looking forward to the season ...

• :: double ::

• I'm in, looking forward to Chizzle doing better than me again, as is the tradition.

As reigning champ for the last 2 years, I usually do better than everyone. :get_on_my_level:

pro tip: be completely shameless in your selection of Man Ure players.

I cannot personally stoop to such snake's-belly-in-a-wagon-rut depths, but if I was a Un*ted fielder, I would expect this season to be less straightforward than Rooney (C) against obvious underdogs. How are RVP/Wellbeck going to fit into the equation? Not saying that SAF won't make it work, just curious to see if the goal-spread has a different look.

Whilst the rotation will be in effect, Fergie will be determined not to drop any points in the league, so expect to see the RnR combo starting most Prem games, even the home matches against FC Bullshit for purpose of racking up the goal difference (never again).

• I'm hoping Tottenham are going to take Chicharito off United's under appreciative hands.

Won't happen though..very happy with Sigurdsson.

It did cross my mind that Rooney would play in the sausage roll with Kagawa as backup, leaving space for a poacher like Hernandez or Wellbeck. But that sounds too much like some Football Manager nonsense.

No reason to abandon the flexible 442 approach of last season just yet.

It would be more interesting for everyone to start with the same team, then evolve individually through the season.

That way the big points discrepancy is delayed, interest retained for longer, and is closer to what new incumbents like Viyash Bo-ash and them have as a reality.

On the other hand, it's a shit idea that no one will be bothered to organise.