2012/13 EPL Fatnasty Football League

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    I'll be tinkering all season as per usual, trying to pick up points on obscure transfer choices while everyone else watches Rooney hammer an easy hat-trick. Tell yoz for nowt man is fielding 3 x Readingses 'cos they play twice in week 1. As do 'Ski. Then Reading and 'Ski miss week 3, IIRC.

A lorra lorra xfers... But never afriad to take a punt.

Also surprised S*eve didn't go with " 'Andy Villains-Banglash" as a manager name.

There's still time.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Couldn't have any association with Vilas Banglash. Way too shifty looking, eyes too close together, monobrow iirc.

Loudrock in contrast looks like he could have been a playa on the 80s German ghey pron scene, or an extra in a Brat Pack flick. Much more able to roll with such a dude.

Toyed with Skellardyce for a moment before recalling the c*** manages C*** Ham, so that was never a goer. Having said that, he did play a season at Teh Den back in the days of tight shorts and Trevor Francis wavy hair cascades.

I like Duder's chutzpah though, a big name and big forum talk for such a pitiful performance on FantPrem these past seasons.

He's like the Ally MacLeod of this bith.

When a journalist asked him "What do you plan to do after the World Cup?", MacLeod replied: "Retain it"

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    :get_on_my_level:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    so we just got alex song....this should settle our problems in the back and provide for an interesting extra offensive option when needed
    i still think modric with di maria and ozil will be overwhelming but great signing with alba
    arsenal on the other hand :oof:
    i think we need a better reaction keeper too let's get sceznsny while we're at it ;)

• So "We" means most teams for PCMR still!!!

Real Heads Know The Deal on Jimsters Avatar. Classic.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    WE are off to a stunning start...hazard payin dividends
    wtf is bertrand doing there though

arsenal seemed to have missed RvP presnece yesterday with all those close chances
    the calls in the liverpool game were a farce and a half
    chicharito should transfer if he wants to avoid being berbatov numero dos

Full breakdown of all the teams supported by pcmr, stat.
    Or your (sic) soft.

From memory:

Barca, Real, PSG, Ajax, Juve, both Milans, Poo, Arse, 'Ski and Bayern.

And that was a shocking result for Brendan Rodgers yesterday.

Prolly half a season to prove he can turn it around before the vultures circle.

At Swansea he inherited a club already geared to his style, and no big names or egos to have that medals on the table angst.

Different at Liverpool.

I suspect there are already a few beads of sweat on the back of his neck.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Liga BBVA
    barca 4 life...fuck real...

Barclays PL
    chelsea because i must...go newcastle..fuck Man poo

SerieA
    napoli pir la vittoria...fuck all the rest except teh one toto and da boy K-prince
    and In the big 3 I'd rather the endighted Juve dominate on the milanos

Bundesliga
    borrusia dortmund ftw fuck all other germans soft spot for mezut 'i can't sing the national anthem' ozil

FIFA
    Senegal-Paraguay-Spain fuck france-Italy(although i've gained new respect for them)
    but just for headaches
    ive got love for uruguay and brasil the eternal enemies...but i am not soft by cheering for argentina or anything
    furthermore if you look at the national squads i support then the rest makes sense (castle is a great squad and truly fighting and improving but it's obvious the 2 dakarois strikers have something to do with it)

yeah it's a mess but i keep things interesting like a gambler and it's not like i follow the mexican/argentine clausura or shanghai/dundee united
    The times where i am weak and pretend to care about ligue 1 or eredivisie it's really about players more than clubs

MLS (the bastard child league)
    I've got to give props to the MTL Impact..the stadium near the house and awaiting a jersey as a B-Day gift
    Toronto is dead last that's all that keeps me smirking...Glad to see robbie keane accomplish something as well

i just got Sportsnetworld (setanta for you across the pond)) to catch up with my fix
    the brit commentators are so much better it's astonishing although our footyshow podcast is interesting (ex pats though)

if you must know canada gets outsourced the daily news show prodction to create something for the merrimen (fox soccer) who in turn get thebenefits of HD Champions league on mute while they wait for Nascar to start :(
    while I pay 15$ a month to catch a news segment, couple of games in low quality and trying to figure out aussie rules football at 4 am

that is how the scone crumbles
    g'day

So as I look down from my lonely eyrie at the summit, the apex, nay the very zenith of the SS fantasy league, who do I espy right down there, right down there at the very nadir?

Why, it's L*o.

Plus ca change...

::

skel said:
    So as I look down from my lonely eyrie at the summit, the apex, nay the very zenith of the SS fantasy league, who do I espy right down there, right down there at the very nadir?

Why, it's L*o.

Plus ca change...

::

Something about Form and Class... [I have less class than Wendy O. Williams]

Jimster
    We will both, as usual, end the season somewhere to the north and south of that wide swathe of mediocrity that lies between the glory boys and the trapdoor set.

If I start an alarming drop, might go for broke and aim to beat *eo to last place.

AKA "Getting excuses in early"

• A woeful start from me.

An early deployment of wild card seems inevitable.

Looks like 'Ski have got the formula right so far. Looking like the team to beat at the mo.

Kagawa @ Un*ted also looks wise. No Rooney doesn't seem to be a problem.

City have to find some glitter, alas further downstream from the others in the River Transfer. Form at the back would be nice. 'Pool played well, 2-2 was fair result.

It's early days.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    et tu Theo?!?!

Aside from painting ourselves in a corner with another bosman situation, not sure too many Gooners are going to shed tears if he leaves. His pace is his still his greatest asset, and that luxury will only go one way from here on out. And while I don't agree with the whole "he has no football brain" contingent, he is hardly the most technical wing player we have. Can't say he's loads better than the current wingers we already have playing for our team.

I am afraid he's got a case of the "I IZ ENGLUSH" and now feels that 75k per week won't suffice for basically a better than average player. He's not even a guaranteed starter for our club for christ sake, let alone even at the Euros this summer.

Sorry dude, you were nice to have in the rolodex, but not someone i would want to spend our limited resources on just as a "nice to have". You might get paid more at city/chelsea/liverpool, but not sure you will play any more.

jlee said:

et tu Theo?!?!

He can f*cking do one. Gervinho is just as sh*t at end product, but he doesn't forget the ball when he runs, and has amazing hair.

Champions League Draw...

Group A: FC Porto, Dynamo Kiev, Paris St-Germain, Dinamo Zagreb

Group B: Arsenal, Schalke, Olympiakos, Montpellier

Group C: AC Milan, Zenit St Petersburg, Anderlecht, Malaga

Group D: Real Madrid, Manchester City, Ajax, Borussia Dortmund

Group E: Chelsea, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, Nordsjaelland

Group F: Bayern Munich, Valencia, Lille, BATE Borisov

Group G: Barcelona, Benfica, Spartak Moscow, Celtic

Group H: Manchester United, Braga, Galatasaray, CFR Cluj

• BSoD recently bestowed upon me increased reality time. Downside is that I didn't join the SS FF league. Had hoped the league settings were on auto-join for previous participants, seemingly not.. Nevermind, 'Sons of Pitches' started slowly anyway.. not wildcard slow, fair to middlin. Enjoy the season..

I'm no longer last! Also looked at my team, and realised I'd picked the wrong Cisse (some joker at QPR instead of Newcastle's Papa).

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Well, if Andre Villas-Boat has finally got three points under his belt, B-Rodge can't be far off now. :icegrill:

Was at a wedding on Saturday* so I missed the 6-1 Arsenal victory. Quadruple is on!

Podolski is starting to look very good, especially for a team with a history of brittle players. Das Boot looks very durable, was great to see (from MOTD highlights) him working hard and enjoying his football. Cazorla is just C L A S S.

*Second-to-last track played was this old thumper

A red each? A yellow each? Shelvey gets more of the ball than Evans who goes in two-footed with studs.

Pleased with a point at Citeh, but Arsenal should've buried the game in the first half.

He does actually play the ball, so I don't think a red was the right call for either player, just a telling-off for studdery.

1-1 a fair result for the Wenger Boys. City not finishing and getting back to the habit of conceding late on like in the good old days when we couldn't afford decent defenders money hadn't ruined the club.

Weekend bonus - not having to look at John Terry wearing the England kit again!

Duderonomy said:
    A red each? A yellow each? Shelvey gets more of the ball than Evans who goes in two-footed with studs.

Obviously you hate Man United as much as I support them so maybe there's some truth in both our biased views, but my boy Evans was closer to the ball and it was his to win, his challenge to win the ball was substantially less reckless as he didn't have to lunge nearly as far to win it.

Duderonomy said:
    I'm no longer last! .

//66//He thinks he's not last!
    He is now!//66//

B/w

The boy shears...
    He should really develop an interest in picking stock market investments.
    I would follow any tips.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

Pleased with a point at Citeh, but Arsenal should've buried the game in the first half.

United haven't had it particularly easy at Anfield in recent seasons but, despite the three points, that's the most indifferent and unremarkable Man U side I've seen in decades. Not a bad side, not at all - just really mediocre. It says a lot when they have to bring on Scholes to get back into a game that was effectively gifted to them anyway. Although not by us, for once.

Sloppy refereeing is, sadly, as much a part of the game nowadays as another bout of self-pitying whining from England's Poor, Brave, Put-Upon John Terry. Halsey had a bit of a stinker yesterday, to put it mildly. He let Van Persie go with a yellow for a far clumsier challenge in the second half, and the penalty was lamentable. Negligible contact from Johnson, Valencia stumbles over himself, nothing you could reasonably describe as intent from either player...and what does he do?

Who watches the watchmen?