Making record nerds a little cooler in comparison (NRR)

JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
edited August 2012 in Strut Central

Always nice to see there are people who are weirder than we are, imo.

Comments

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    damn this is like the "this is it, this is it" section of stylewars....sounded like dude splunked in his pants for a second though..lol

:game_over:

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Did that guy just call himself a "foamer"??

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    Foamer:Orignally used to describe railbuffs, it now describes anyone who gets excited about something so much that they start foaming at the mouth.

^^^^^^^ thats gangster....lol nuff said!

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Dude is like the double rainbow guy.

Dude is like the double rainbow guy.

EDIT: Double post on a double rainbow reference...

• Sounds like he's mocking people, but it's still funny.

Trains are awesome by the way. I don't know shit about lines and numbers or anything but toot toot they fucking rule.

This is awesome! Awwwggh god.

• Options
    Cosign

And barges.

I like the Chesapeake And Ohio Railway (CSX) mascot;
    Chessie.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Ride so smooth it would put a cat to sleep.

img src="The Sleeping Cat" alt="" />

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    ??????????????????

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Foamer has been added to my dictionary. Great!

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    "aawww, ah, this one gives me the chills, and the chills got absolutely nothing to do with how cold it is here"

Controller_7 said:
    Sounds like he's mocking people, but it's still funny.

Trains are awesome by the way. I don't know shit about lines and numbers or anything but toot toot they fucking rule.

This is awesome! Awwwggh god.

Yeah, could be...but he has a decent amount of other vids that are pretty consistent with this level of crazy appreciation for trains.

Trains are the shit. I used to travel Amtrak from DC to SC and from DC to NYC all the time and it was my favorite way to travel....would see so much fuckery playing spades in the smoking car as a pie eyed high school kid trying to play it cool.

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    I used to work for Argosy Cruises in Seattle and we would do tours and charter parties. I had to work 4th of July for a charter and the schedule just said "Model Association". In the past we did parties for all sorts of groups, famous people etc. so everybody thought we were throwing a joint for a bunch of models. Turns out when we all got there it was for the "Model Train Association". It was about 500 dudes 50 and up wearing overalls and conductor uniforms.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Heritage equipment-caliber chills

Several months back, a bunch of train enthusiasts somehow got to ride an olden-style CTA el train in Chicago and, when the train broke down, they all had to do a walk of shame on the deactivated tracks -- but it probably made their experience that much richer.

In the 80s I took Amtrak from Seattle to Denver.
    Met a train buff who takes all his vacations on the train.
    Every time he got something like a greasy burger from the snack bar he would save the paper plate as a souvenir.

I nerded out last weekend at the Oregon Steam-Up.
    An antique engine fair. Some train stuff, but the big draw is steam powered tractors, lumber mill and other equipment.
    Plus old engines in general.
    I saw a gas powered sheep sheerer and a gas powered automatic vacuum milking machine.
    'Hit or miss' engines are cool.
    They also had a flea market, got some decent 45s like Al Wilson Snake, and a Lance Hill on Bang Bang. Also a Mead Lux Lewis lp on Stinson, red wax.
    All very nerdy and recommended.

http://www.antiquepowerland.com/index.html

• Options
    Antique railroad lanterns with intacted globes are rare.

• Options
    ^^^^..?

Trains and music go way back.

The wooden train whistle and the mouth harp are used to mimick a steam engine. Additionally, the 'metronome-like' sound of the cars on the track influenced blues an reggae musicians.