The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
edited July 2012 in Strut Central

Discuss.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    In my free time before work I've been getting doing this

Trying to find 24 listenable orange records is not proving to be easy

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Where can I buy the Blackman painting!!??

• leonleon 883 Posts
    I thought this thread was going to be about this type of stuff

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2012/jul/05/caravaggio-discovery-milan-castle

But it turned out to be much more interesting.
    Can someone paint me a large Whitesnake group pic oil painting for me plz, You will be rewarded accordingly.

Or we can trade

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
    guzzo, nice artistry there...

don blackman on oil.......yuck!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Guzzo said:

What is in the middle of the top row?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Guzzo said:

Excellent work and impressively geeky! I had my records sorted by colour for a time (I have a much better visual memory than I do for titles or labels) and the orange section was deeply suspect and definitely on the slim side. Got a good number of decent silver LPs but gold is usually an augur of unremitting shite. Funny how certain colours were really popular in certain periods.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Guzzo said:

What is in the middle of the top row?

Microwave popcorn on the cob. Took a trip through the south last month and bought a bunch to give away to friends. The brown thing behind it is a 45 case.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Flomotion said:
    Guzzo said:

Excellent work and impressively geeky! I had my records sorted by colour for a time (I have a much better visual memory than I do for titles or labels) and the orange section was deeply suspect and definitely on the slim side. Got a good number of decent silver LPs but gold is usually an augur of unremitting shite. Funny how certain colours were really popular in certain periods.

Yeah. I found an abundance in blue, green, and yellow. Red was the toughest and technically there is a record there's that's pink/ salmon (Sidney Joe Qualls).

Just looked through records in my sales files and only found 2 orange ones. May just skip and come back waaaay down the road.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I really dig the colour-themed record walls!

Now sorting your whole collection that way?? I dunno... lol

• i was expecting some photos of picasso, de kooning, and manet paintings. thank god SS doesn't roll like that.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    BeatChemist said:

Ha! I only have around 600-700 records out at any one time while the rest sit in unholy confusion in another room but it looked pretty while it lasted...the only advantage to my current lack of any system is that I go looking for one record and end up putting on a completely different one. Real world shuffle mode.

• I tried for ages to track down paintings by Jutta Hipp, in the end I got in contact with a guy who had a cache of them and was kind enough to send through some images, but he wasn't interested in selling any.

That's pretty much the extent of my foray in to fine art.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i had a color motif for a while: top row orange, middle vaguely black and white, bottom pink/purple
    i got orange records for days son!

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Flomotion said:
    BeatChemist said:

Ha! I only have around 600-700 records out at any one time while the rest sit in unholy confusion in another room but it looked pretty while it lasted...the only advantage to my current lack of any system is that I go looking for one record and end up putting on a completely different one. Real world shuffle mode.

Glad I'm not the only one like this! My collection is MUCH smaller... which allows me to keep it "mildly" organized. This often results in Real World Shuffle???.