Steve Aoki DJ Rider Unveiled

finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
edited June 2012 in Strut Central
Always amusing to read these...

just for laughs and giggles:

taken from this page: http://www.harderbloggerfaster.com/2012/06/19/steve-aoki-dj-rider-unveiled/

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    local grass? he means weed right? or does he actually want some of the area's local grass?

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    This dude goes through a lot of socks and underwear, apparently.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    that is funny. i would be real annoyed with myself if i was that needy/demanding/precious

i got a well booked dj friend who doesnt party at all on tour, strictly bizness. but he was telling me that he always works a couple very fancy bottles of booze onto a rider..old scotches and shit...that he brings back to his ever expanding wine and booze cellar. thats where im heading when the apocalypse hits

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    So many things to call out here, but I'll just start with this: "Steve's vocals" constitute a quarter of the show? The fuck? Is he a rapper now or something?

• DJ_Enki said:
    So many things to call out here, but I'll just start with this: "Steve's vocals" constitute a quarter of the show? The fuck? Is he a rapper now or something?

Sounds reasonable to me. The other 75% is Steve's confetti and Steve's dingie (sic).

Can someone explain the 6 socks/6 briefs/3 v-neck thing? I imagine him bringing a half-dozen twinks back to the hotel after the show and having some kind of shirts vs. skins match, but could it be something else?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Euroman Science comment:

8 feet is not 2 metres, nor is 5 feet 1 metre.

Perhaps the grass isn't a great idea.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    A Dingie? Really? WTF?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    You folks know that there's a long tradition of making ridiculous riders as jokes (and publicity stunts), right?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    The weirdest thing on there to me are the kung fu cakes?
    Soft cake, batches, not bundt!

The clothes, etc. I took for something they can change into coming right off stage? Or for their roadies maybe.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    You folks know that there's a long tradition of making ridiculous riders as jokes (and publicity stunts), right?

Tragically, I don't think this is one of them.

RAJ said:
    A Dingie? Really? WTF?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Flomotion said:
    Horseleech said:

Tragically, I don't think this is one of them.

Yeah, apart from the lack of spatial awareness and the weak recreational sailing vessel game, this one is pretty run-of-the-mill.

• --Restaurant should be organic based, local foods, unbleached, unrefined sugar, grass fed blah bah blah
    --One large cheese pizza

• Flomotion said:
    RAJ said:
    A Dingie? Really? WTF?

OK. But do you need to get a new one for every show?

Flomotion said:
    RAJ said:
    A Dingie? Really? WTF?

Oh, for fuck's sake.

The temptation to puncture Superstar Steve's dinghy (and Steve) must be pretty overwhelming. I think they probably get through a few.

• bassie said:
    The clothes, etc. I took for something they can change into coming right off stage? Or for their roadies maybe.

Nah, the socks, undies and shirts are in the hotel section of the rider, so those items are supposed to be placed in his hotel suite.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    meistromoco said:
    --Restaurant should be organic based, local foods, unbleached, unrefined sugar, grass fed blah bah blah
    --One large cheese pizza

i definitely noticed that shit.
    coco water and cristal plaese

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Not sure if it's just me, but doesn't it seem like Steve is betraying his lineage by not demanding a full hibachi-style setup in the greenroom? It's onion dome or go home! And, yes, riding around in such a disposable watercraft, even if it's away from an actual body of water, does reek of new money.

day said:

Fair enough.

I still think the dingie is fucking preposterous, though.

• what a f*cking tool....

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts

1000fm said:

Poor Oakey.Just because he's a hairy little tone deaf moneygrubbing self-regarding talentless bastard homonculus everyone thinks they can have a pop.