Bob James and The CTI Briefcase

Comments

• To funny ...umm it's the Biz! ...the king clown/joker of Hip Hop ...& super heavy dudes with records that make me want to cry been buggin/trippin of his little one comment/joke for years & went to that much effort ..I mean seriously grown men? It???s absolutely hilarious ...the only person who wins on this is the BIZ!! ...this whole episode has really shown this whole "scene" up for what it is ..everyone involved even Sheeps so desperate attempts to be the first person to disprove it ....wow! ...this is making me reassess the whole game as it shows how ridiculous the whole thing is ???.got to be his best joke ever ???...hahaha!

Biz's production on this could not be any more apt.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    the bell-less invoketh the bell-end - for that is the mighty power it wields over men

God damn that DJ made my day

:grin:

• Grandfather said:
    Jam Burglar said:
    I had to register just because of this thread. I almost had a hoart attack this morning when I saw that video on youtube. Now my world has crumbled around me. Crazy stuff! Epic.

Welcome JB!

Thriller or Off The Wall?

I only listen to music made in 2005 or later. Is this a good website for me?

• Hawkeye said:
    Fot those who havent seen it yet. A Bob James interview I did two years ago. He is talking about his recordings , the bellless version of Mardi Gras, why he owns his masterrecordings and he is challenging Biz Markie to show hin the Madi Gras without the bells.

Thanks for posting those. Love to see a muscian who's handled his business right!

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    That was a life size card board cut out of Bob James and the promo glass of wine was really apple juice.

-Hologram Big Chan took the picture too. Actually it's a painting not even a picture....

-Hitler-

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Jam Burglar said:
    Grandfather said:
    Jam Burglar said:
    I had to register just because of this thread. I almost had a hoart attack this morning when I saw that video on youtube. Now my world has crumbled around me. Crazy stuff! Epic.

Welcome JB!

Thriller or Off The Wall?

I only listen to music made in 2005 or later. Is this a good website for me?
    Not sure... Does it imply you don't know what's good on Philly recs label?
    B/w
    Welcome!

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    DeeRock said:
    That was a life size card board cut out of Bob James and the promo glass of wine was really apple juice.

-Hologram Big Chan took the picture too. Actually it's a painting not even a picture....

-Hitler-

Well played sir.

• CrumpCrump 18 Posts
    I wanna see the video

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Cool interview Hawkeye. I thought it was nice of Bob to go into the whole Mardi Gras thing with so much patience. He obviously sees the funny side to this, and is happy for the publicity.

Where it all began...

:holygrail:

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    obviously i know i havent been here as long as 99% of you, but this all confuses me....

Why would Biz make up some fake shit about a fake record? i mean what was the whole point about him saying he has a bell-less Mardi Gras, just so he could say he has it and no one else does?

furthermore, what on gods earth would make someone print out fake labels from the internet and go and have fake copies of the record pressed and then go and visit Bob James and show him the record...and then make a youtube video of it....

majority of the people on here take record collecting to extremes i could not imagine, which is fine um cool with that, but i dunno this just seems like some lame ass attempt to get some attention, its one thing to say you have something and NEVER prove it to anyone, most would just consider you a liar and leave it at that. then in a rare occurance that you actually get to meet "THE" Bob James, you show up with fake records..

sorry guys i just dont see the point in the whole thing from the get-go...

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    obviously i know i havent been here as long as 99% of you, but this all confuses me....

Why would Biz make up some fake shit about a fake record? i mean what was the whole point about him saying he has a bell-less Mardi Gras, just so he could say he has it and no one else does?

furthermore, what on gods earth would make someone print out fake labels from the internet and go and have fake copies of the record pressed and then go and visit Bob James and show him the record...and then make a youtube video of it....

majority of the people on here take record collecting to extremes i could not imagine, which is fine um cool with that, but i dunno this just seems like some lame ass attempt to get some attention, its one thing to say you have something and NEVER prove it to anyone, most would just consider you a liar and leave it at that. then in a rare occurance that you actually get to meet "THE" Bob James, you show up with fake records..

sorry guys i just dont see the point in the whole thing from the get-go...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Hitler versus Aussie-hop.

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    STRIKE>obviously i know i havent been here as long as 99% of you, but this all confuses me....

sorry guys i just dont see the point in the whole thing from the get-go.../STRIKE>
    obviously i know i havent been here as long as 99% of you,
    Attached files

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Sheep sonned this thread.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    figures....

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    :ghey:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    skel said:

Yeah, fuck that actual case because a while back I had an advertisement for it.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    IT'S A FUCKING PIZZA BOX COVERED IN PHOTOCOPIES

::wink::

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    skel said:

Yeah, fuck that actual case because a while back I had an advertisment for it.

Haha.

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    skel said:

Yeah, fuck that actual case because a while back I had an advertisement for it.

Ha ha.

• swissbeatzswissbeatz 152 Posts
    says the guys who crashed the party, oh the irony...

let's take it on the turntables would you ?

And swiss people don't come from Sweden by the way...

• they come from neverland.

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    dude

we have banks too :balla:

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

no, but edits are certainly for pussies

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    The no bells thing was corny from the start.

• why is sheep the bad guy? where are the dudes that shot the video and posted pics of some fake shit?

i believe if you read the ad it says that it comes with some cti 8000 series albums. that's why the ad makes sense. it doesn't say you'll get some 12's. it doesn't exist on 12". biz markie collects barbies.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts