Bob James and The CTI Briefcase

124

  Comments


  • GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Not sure why you are trying to bend this into you versus the Strut at large.

    CAUSE HE SOFT

  • can anyone explain the gist of this thread? what is this beef/scam between sheep and supreme that is being alluded to?

  • HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    can anyone explain the gist of this thread? what is this beef/scam between sheep and supreme that is being alluded to?

    Dude, how dare you not take Sheep's side without knowing anything about it?


  • bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    djsheep said:
    have a look at the post count, the date signed up

    I joined the same month as Sheep. Few less posts, admittedly. AM I DOWN?

    I don't think anyone's having a go at Sheep here? Just the whole furore surrounding the rekkid. That interview with Bob James is great, but the whole picking over whether Biz might have somehow got his multitracks at some point is just embarrassing. Leave the guy alone, fuh'godsake.

  • The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    WHAT THE FUCK IS GOIN ON HERE

  • LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,518 Posts
    djsheep said:

    Finally, something Preme and Sheep can agree on.

  • LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,518 Posts
    Sheep,
    The reason I am not taking sides is because I have no idea what the beef is.

    You and Mr S are old friends.
    Everyone here wants to believe in the bellless MG.
    We love "Yes Virginia" moments.

  • parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Supreme was having a little bit of fun??? Sheep has grudge with Supreme??? Acts like a party popper. SS 2012 says "lighten up dude"???. Sheep gets panties in bunch??? quits internet.

    Bang on, I'd say. I don't know Sheep, but he has hinted on this board about personal stress (sick mom he's looking after, university, etc.). I can see how he'd miss the humour in this "bells/no bells" hoax with heavier things weighing him down.

    Kindly,
    parallax

  • SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Anyone else think Supreme looks like a young George "The Animal" Steele?

  • skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,028 Posts
    The bells are the best part.

    Someone please post Mardi Gras w/o Teh drums

  • spcspc 534 Posts
    djsheep said:
    sayonara. for real. Skel keeps tellin' me to come back, why? I dunno. I'm out... ha ha, fuckin' joke this place has turned into. A O.G. gets victimised and ya'll think it's funny... Best of luck Raj. I had did a whole write up about the Strut and its history for this incredible magazine. Time to go back and re-edit that whole fucking piece man. On the real, ya'll need to learn to show some respect back, have a look at the post count, the date signed up and the countless props I've shown this place. And I get this as a payback. Where are the regular heads backin' me up? oh, that's right, a lot of them wisened up and already jumped ship before it sank.

    i woulda at least thought some of ya'll O.G.'s woulda chimed in and given me some dap for havin' the balls to stand up to someone. whatever. just like schoolyard bullies ya'll.

    peace.

    Just don't take this whole ting to serious.
    I don't know Superem personally, but the impression of him through the strut and his blog throughout the years is not one of somebody who would try to pimp some records with a cardboard mardi gras 12".
    Kudos for straight lookin through his "scam", no doubt. I think you get the respect you deserve for you record and dj game (in a positive way!).

    If you're wondering who the fuck I am to chime in on your business, I've also signed up first in '03 and I also don't know you personally (I'm an old friend of Karin from Subotage and were the one who made the video tapes she sent you, also the one with the "unwanted" intermission blocks ;), but over the years I got the impression that you're certainly not one to get all upset about something like this and just leave.

    We are still waiting on that Biz tour story you promised in the Biz thread ;)

  • LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    WON'T

    SOMEBODY

    PLEASE

    THINK

    ABOUT




    THE






    BELLLLLS!!!!!!!!!

  • LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    I mean, for real, those fuckers thought they were an integral if not essential part of a bonafide Classic Bob James OG and all of a sudden some shifty Italians made it so they can be panned the fuck out so the beatheads can get off. If anyone should be pissed it should be the bells. At least with a little sleuthing by Sheep and some input bye their creator BJ them Bells know they can rest easy.

    Sheep please get those bouncing titties back in you avatar, they always made me feel lightheaded.

  • staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts


    "Biz says he got a version with no bells - But I aint never seen that for sale!
    Definition of a holy grail - white whale - unobtainable, unexplainable - But it's so ILL!"

  • I give this thread a

  • DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    holmes said:
    this whole thread is pretty funny.

  • knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    djsheep said:
    sayonara. for real. Skel keeps tellin' me to come back, why? I dunno. I'm out... ha ha, fuckin' joke this place has turned into. A O.G. gets victimised and ya'll think it's funny... Best of luck Raj. I had did a whole write up about the Strut and its history for this incredible magazine. Time to go back and re-edit that whole fucking piece man. On the real, ya'll need to learn to show some respect back, have a look at the post count, the date signed up and the countless props I've shown this place. And I get this as a payback. Where are the regular heads backin' me up? oh, that's right, a lot of them wisened up and already jumped ship before it sank.

    i woulda at least thought some of ya'll O.G.'s woulda chimed in and given me some dap for havin' the balls to stand up to someone. whatever. just like schoolyard bullies ya'll.

    peace.

    dude, you are such an incredible bitch for raining on this thread. Yes. We know the record doesn't exist. You didn't tell us anything new. Did you ever consider that it was fun to pay along with the joke? You jackass.

    And how many times have you announced a departure from this board? Seriously. Get the fuck lost and re-write your amazing article for the 'incredible magazine' that nobody is ever going to fucking read anyway.

  • skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,028 Posts
    As much as it is fun to play along with a gag, it's also fun to have a six page beef every now and then.

    We are all drama queens, tbh.

  • disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Just wanted to re-read the whole thread and see Sheep edited out everything he said which isn't the first time. This is some weak, make it unhappen, re-write history bullshit. If you can't stand by what you said in the past then for god's sake think twice about what you're about to say before posting. And IF shit has happened, be a man and straighten it out instead of replacing everything with that fratboy titty shit.
    --------------------- BTW

    :hated_it:

  • JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    skel said:
    Someone please post Mardi Gras w/o Teh drums


    "Don't you put that evil on my break!"

  • DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    but whos got the flexi-disc of Nautilus without the bassline?

    :holygrail: :next_level:

  • spcspc 534 Posts
    DustedDon said:
    but whos got the flexi-disc of Nautilus without the bassline?

    :holygrail: :next_level:

    That's a joke, right?

  • tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i think theres some only children in this thread

  • swissbeatzswissbeatz 152 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    i think theres some only children in this thread

    :oof:

    good thing you didn't saw what was edited


  • tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    oh i seend it

  • Danno3000Danno3000 2,847 Posts
    If Supreme was perpetrating the hoax that Sheep alleges, he deserves real credit--that was some impressive plotting. Making it seem like no-bells mardi gras exists using Bob James himself? Legendary.

  • KineticKinetic 3,738 Posts
    disco_che said:
    Just wanted to re-read the whole thread and see Sheep edited out everything he said which isn't the first time. This is some weak, make it unhappen, re-write history bullshit. If you can't stand by what you said in the past then for god's sake think twice about what you're about to say before posting. And IF shit has happened, be a man and straighten it out instead of replacing everything with that fratboy titty shit.
    --------------------- BTW

    :hated_it:

    All I know is that the old strut woulda ran with the joke in this thread... which it seems like it mostly did! This whole thing would have been completely hillarious were it not for the one salty dude.

  • swissbeatzswissbeatz 152 Posts
    Kinetic said:
    disco_che said:
    Just wanted to re-read the whole thread and see Sheep edited out everything he said which isn't the first time. This is some weak, make it unhappen, re-write history bullshit. If you can't stand by what you said in the past then for god's sake think twice about what you're about to say before posting. And IF shit has happened, be a man and straighten it out instead of replacing everything with that fratboy titty shit.
    --------------------- BTW

    :hated_it:

    All I know is that the old strut woulda ran with the joke in this thread... which it seems like it mostly did! This whole thing would have been completely hillarious were it not for the one salty dude.

    The saddest part is the salty dude kept saying "the strut has changed, it's not what it used to be, y'all killed the strut..." all the time as his defense... SMH...

  • maybe this should go in the 'finds' thread, but last weekend i pulled a copy of leo sayer where the flight was 'intermittent'.
Sign In or Register to comment.