Will.i.am : IDIOT

staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
edited May 2012 in Strut Central
Will.i.am turns up to climate change debate... in a huge gas-guzzling helicopter

His trip from London was a total of 286 miles and used 71.5 gallons of fuel, ploughing three-quarters of a tonne of CO2 into the atmosphere, which is the same as the average UK person produces in an entire month.

Despite his highly polluting journey to Oxford university, speaking at the talk, the star said: 'Climate change should be the thing that we are all worried and concerned about as humans on this planet, how we affect the planet, our consumption, and how we treat the place that we live in.'

But his transportation to the event did not escape the attention of those at the university - or physics professor Mr Allen.

He said: 'The irony didn???t escape everybody.'

Seemingly oblivious to the furore that it might cause, the pop star even tweeted pictures of the 'hip.hop.copter' when he landed

He added that a better understanding of the problems is probably more important than whether he travelled in the helicopter.

Comments

• EkiMEkiM 40 Posts
    He added that a better understanding of the problems is probably more important than whether he travelled in the helicopter.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    London to Oxford is nowhere near 286 miles.

Think he was in Cornwall or somewhere, running a leg of the Olympic torch relay.

Carry on.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    skel said:

Think he was in Cornwall or somewhere, running a leg of the Olympic torch relay.

Carry on.

Yeah - so to get them mileage, he must have done a few extra fly overs, circled around and whatnot, like doing boastful swoops over traffic - making teh rap hands and WHAT gestures @ commuters.

playa playa

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    This is the same William.I.Am that told STRUT LEGEND Monty Stark that he was going to use an uncleared Stark sample and that if Monty sued Will's label, he (Monty) would get a nicer payout than taking a point on the release. And Monty did so, and it was all good.

so...

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    staxwax said:
    skel said:

Carry on.

Yeah - so to get them mileage, he must have done a few extra fly overs, circled around and whatnot, like doing boastful swoops over traffic - making teh rap hands and WHAT gestures @ commuters.

playa playa

He was down in Taunton, my old stamping ground. Probably the first time most folks there have ever seen a black person let alone a devil's whirlygig.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    that copter is fly

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    This is the same William.I.Am that told STRUT LEGEND Monty Stark that he was going to use an uncleared Stark sample and that if Monty sued Will's label, he (Monty) would get a nicer payout than taking a point on the release. And Monty did so, and it was all good.

Is that true?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I'm gona hazard a guess that this factually inaccurate nonce sense is from the Daily Fail? Right?

The same 'most read new source in the world' who brought you this - http://www.vice.com/read/all-grown-up-sexing-up-the-internet-with-the-daily-mail

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    It's good to see that rappers have got in on the Daily Mail publicity machine as well now. How they've gone from Norman Tebbit to declaring Rick Ross to be the new Biggie Smalls is beyond me.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    djwaxon said:
    J i m s t e r said:

Is that true?

Yes.

Okem said:
    I'm gona hazard a guess that this factually inaccurate nonce sense is from the Daily Fail? Right?

The same 'most read new source in the world' who brought you this - http://www.vice.com/read/all-grown-up-sexing-up-the-internet-with-the-daily-mail

Hey - apart from taking Planet consuming hypocrite Rap despoilers to charge on their inconsistent ways, they also run entire Vice stories now. Its a paper of note.

The most dangerous drug in the world: 'Devil's Breath' chemical from Colombia can block free will, wipe memory and even kill

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    Please for Thes One to tell his will.i.am story. I love this.

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/69382/

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    bennyboy said:

^^^yeah this is nutso...so is that hellachopter

• big earbig ear 67 Posts
    regardless of how he got there, I'm curious as to why he was speaking at a climate change event -
    could they not get hold of Bono or something?
    I imagine it would be like inviting our environment minister to speak at a hip hop conference.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    That Root Down video is hella nostalgia inducing. Miles, Egon, Rhett, Thes from an earlier era.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Sampling the rarely-heard "Knot Just Knee Deep" by some unknown band called "Funkadelic" for some BEP remix wasn't too brilliant on his part either.

big ear said:
    regardless of how he got there, I'm curious as to why he was speaking at a climate change event -
    I imagine it would be like inviting our environment minister to speak at a hip hop conference.

Or like that doofus Wyclef wanting to run for president in Haiti.
    Because being a megalomaniac pop star of the douche variety with half of Hollywood gassing up your head makes it necessary for you to not be satisfied with mere wealth fame and adulation.
    No.
    There has to be more than that.
    To preach and rule and point the masses towards the light.
    And tweet about it while flying around in a helicopter.
    Fucking buffoon.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Will.i.am fucked someone's bitch by the sounds of things.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    big ear said:

The Global Warming Cabal have lots of "experts" like Professor I.Am

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I'm pro climate change and that's a fine looking helicopter.

• TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
    They couldn't just send hologram Will.i.am?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Damn, I really thought that once Will.i.am was involved, this whole climate mess would be solved ASAP.

At least he dropped some knowledge on those Oxford clowns.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    BEEN WANTING TO FLY SINCE PLAYING THE INCOMPARABLE PEDRO IN RIO

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Horseleech said:

At least he dropped some knowledge on those Oxford clowns.

How you gonna do Duderonomy like that?

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    bennyboy said:

Will.i.am - "beware Thes One. I will kill you with my sawtooth waveforms."

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    I like the part when he's trying to do the 16 note auto pitch assignment to that bird chirp and can't figure it out.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    How stupid can some people get.
    This is like a climate change denier driving a Prius or riding a bike.

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    Thes's "what the fuck is he doing" face around 5:40 is priceless

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    dj_cityboy said:
    bennyboy said:

Will.i.am - "beware Thes One. I will take off my shirt and kill you (and the audience) with my triangular man tits."

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    that bird chirp is the most annoying thing ever and at 3:41 he blows everyones eardrums with some random sound out of nowhere, he just looks like hes off in his own little world..