WORST INTERLUDES EVER

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
here's my pick. low points are in bold
Well I'm a have to just gon head and call this boy.Hello?Can I speak to...to Michael? Oh, hey how you doin'?Uh, I feel kinna silly doin this but, uh, this is the waitress from the coffee house on 39th from Lenox.You know the one with the braids?Yeah. Well I see you on Wednesdays all the time.You come in every Wednesday on your lunch break, I think.And you always order the special...with the hot chocolate.My manager be trippin and stuff talkin 'bout we gotta use water, but...I always use some milk and cream for you, cause...I think you kinna sweet. (laughs)[/b]Anyway, you always got on some fly blue suit and your cufflinks is shining all bright.So what you do?Oh word?Yeah that's interestin'...[/b]Look man, I mean, I don't wanna waste your time but...I know girls don't usually do this,but I was wonderin' if maybe we could get togetheroutside the restaurant one day?You know 'cause I do look a lot different outside my work clothes and...I mean we could just go across the street to the park, right here...Wait, hold up, my... my cell phone's breakin' up, hold up...Can you hear me now?Yeah. So what day did you say?[/b]Oh yeah. Thursday's perfect, man.
this came on the radio yesterday. i was laughing my ass off at the corniness factor. also, i just can't buy alicia's heterosexuality.

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Can I speak to...to Michael?

People named Michael always got the game going on. Can I get an amen?

WTF is this anyway?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    WOW YOU SLEEP UNDER A ROCK AND ARE MORE OF A HERMIT THAN ME!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    also, i just can't buy alicia's heterosexuality.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    but it feels like oooooooooooohhhhhhhhh-oooh-ooooh--oooohooohhooooohoohhhhhhhhhh

YOU DON'T KNOW MY NAME

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Can I speak to...to Michael?

People named Michael always got the game going on. Can I get an amen?

WTF is this anyway?
    Amen.

• this came on the radio yesterday. i was laughing my ass off at the corniness factor. also, i just can't buy alicia's heterosexuality.

is keys a dyke? (hey we can use fag right?) and where did this rumor come from or start? i don't have cable and don't read hip hop mags

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

this came on the radio yesterday. i was laughing my ass off at the corniness factor. also, i just can't buy alicia's heterosexuality.

is keys a dyke? (hey we can use fag right?) and where did this rumor come from or start? i don't have cable and don't read hip hop mags

Alicia Keys Becomes More Feminine To Quash Lesbian Rumours
    March 17, 2005, 6:38:58 KEYS PUTS GAY RUMOUR TO REST WITH MORE REFINED STYLE

GRAMMY-winner ALICIA KEYS believes she's finally put gay rumours to rest after adopting a more "girlie" style.

The FALLIN' singer's sexuality was a constant source of speculation when she grabbed public attention in 2001, and she accepts her original style was responsible.

from http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entertainment/35342004.htm

it's just a rumor, but...

sayin

• "Yeah, that's interestin..." Wins as the most awful...but I think Ms. Keys was just tryin' to compete with Ms. Shitey Interlude herself...Janet Jackson.

• the new DANGERDOOM album is a classic example of interludes that can ruin a record. There's no way anyone over 14 can like these interludes.

Common's BE had great interludes. Actually, there wasn't any, I guess that's what was good.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Always liked that song. Never understood why they included that interlude.

I need to remix that song proper though... did a little blend with a Jean Grae beat on a mix a while ago... but I've been meaning to do a legit beatchemist remix. Thanks for reminding me!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    the new DANGERDOOM album is a classic example of interludes that can ruin a record. There's no way anyone over 14 can like these interludes.

that reminds me exactly of "college dropout". i think thats the best (or worst) example of a solid album with garbage interludes. i need to skip over every one of those annoying college-isn't-worth-it skits.

another kanye thread?

• debardebar 215 Posts
    wait til you get a load of late registration's skits.... (hahaha, get it? cause they're wack, but kanye wants us to stop saying gay...eh, nevermind)

while i'm on the kanye topic, let me just say, regardless of jon brion coproducing the album, kanye has just put himself alongside the immaculate ones (rza, dre, primo) in my eyes. let the haters hate.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Anyone remember the So So Def Christmas special on BET awhile back, and she did her version of "Little Drummer Boy"? Back then, she was trying to be a female D'Angelo. She was the girl around the way, looking lovely, probably down with the Wu-Tang right?

She had that old school b-girl mentality going on, and now she wants to fem up.

From the beginning though, she's always been with a guy, mentioned him in the liner notes of her first album. As to how the rumor started, probably because in present day R&B/soul, if you rock braids and you're a woman, you're . You have to pull up your labia and say "look, I'm all up in my hood" but do it with your titties pushed up your nostrils.

With that said, I would still uf her knee crease. In the words of Tim Westwood, "for real".

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    There's one on Hood Rich by the Big Tymers called "The Preppy Pimp..." Faux would argue that this belongs in the Best Interludes thread, though.

Hello?

Hello? is your mom home?

who's this?

this greg

hold on, let me go get her

oh no, dont go get her, dont go get her

whatchu mean?

i just wanted to kno is your mom home

ok......she's here

where is she right now?

she's in the back room.

ok, just leave her back there. damn, what's your name?

(laughs) Tiesha

Damn, Tiesha that's a nice name, huh?

hmm

whatchu doin, Tiesha?

nothin, just chillin

oh u aint got nothin to do tonight huh? you just chillin?

yea

u aint got none of them little boys callin you or nothin like that?

no, im cool, im just chillin. what's up?

you must be shy or somethin if they aint callin you right now. you sound like you should be havin a whole buncha guys callin you.

naw, i dont roll like that

tiesha, how old are you

im 19

19? damn, girl. you sound mature for your age

you think so?

yea, listen to how you sound.i just wanted to know one thing, Tiesha. can you do me a big favor?

what's that?

I said, tiesha can you do me one big favor

i said, what's that?

can you stick yo finger in yo booty?

can i do what?

i said can you stick your big finger in yo booty?

you cant be serious

tiesha, dont get me wrong girl, just listen. thereason im you sayin this is because i think you might like it.

you think so?

yea. you ever stuck your finger in yo booty for a man before?[/b]

i've never stuck my finger in my booty at all

aw, man, you oughtta get that feeling. you'd like that shit

you think so?

yea. look, imma call you back here a little later and don't tell your mom i called

alright

bye

bye

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    that song is amazing period.

and the interlude absolutely ruins it.

but it is hilarious, there's actually a version that cuts out the "cream" part.

i was gonna edit it out, except i love when she says "thursday's perfect" and it picks up again. unrelated cause im crunk, or speaking of editing tracks, but if you take the justin timberlake song and speed it up till he sounds like a chipmunk, that is one of my favorite tracks...once i heard it like that in a club and it was great, and when i realized what it was i was like damn. so yeah, speed it up and listen to it.