My Strange Addiction that show on TLC

SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
edited May 2012 in Strut Central
I'm watching this lady who compulsively eats dirt. Wow.

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Saw a documentary once where it was portrayed as an established practice to eat dirt after rainfall in Africa.

Apparently folks get a craving for it.

Someone speak on it please.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    i just watched a dude literally FUCK a pontiac monte carlo.

:game_over:

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    skel said:
    Saw a documentary once where it was portrayed as an established practice to eat dirt after rainfall in Africa.

Apparently folks get a craving for it.

Someone speak on it please.

Eating dirt in the Delta of Mississippi is not that uncommon.

Provides minerals to the body.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    It's called pica. I learned that in my nutrition class and it's basically pregnant women who crave things like dirt, paint chips, sand, etc. It was explained that the cravings were a result of a deficiency usually resulting from lack of iron. But, maybe this person wasn't pregnant on the show?

Cool story, Elise.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    i just watched a dude literally FUCK a pontiac monte carlo.

:game_over:

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

Goddamn object sexuals...I can't tell if that stuff is the best troll ever or if the people are for real....

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Last year, I was flipping channels and saw an episode where a young woman has (had, hopefully) a penchant for eating couch foam. There seems to be a "those crazy people who eat stuff" theme going on.