Official "I'm New should introduce myself post"

1235»

Comments

• Jonny is the man with the plan.... PROPs to Good records,

he comes by the spot once in a while..

SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey man, glad to see you finally taking the plunge. Now when I'm out at I****** and I hear furious typing from behind the counter... I'll know what's up

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    1. patrick

2. austin, tx

3. 3

4. raw funk, soul, international groove

5. google

6. had a question

7. "blind date"

• 1. Name: Seth R.
    2. Where your from: Harlem U.S.A
    3. Years digging: 20-21 years(old head)
    4. Specific Music your into: Anything you can rock a "Party" wit
    5. How you found the site: Typed Record Collectors in search engine 4 days ago
    6. What made you decide to post: Ran through the Album Upload Thread and
    counted all the records i have.........and wanted to contribute with
    some "RAER Heat" sorry i dont do MP3s that much.
    maybe next go round.
    7. Why you love me: ????

• autezautez 404 Posts
    1. Name- lewis
    2. Where your from- sf
    3. Years digging- 1-2
    4. Specific Music your into- psychedelic
    5. How you found the site- probably a link from another forum
    6. What made you decide to post- seemed like a good idea at the time

random fact: i started posting here same day i got out of jail. open container on new years eve.. i missed the countdown FUCKIN PIGS!

• 1. Robb aka RFButter
    2. Oshkosh WI. is all over this piece...
    3. Diggin for 6 yrs 2 months
    4. I listen to just about anything, play hip-hop, soul, funk, and jazz.
    5. My man DJ Ack.
    6. Trying to give a little with the take, if I can.
    7. You smell nice.

1. Alex
    2. Oshkosh WI
    3. meh
    4. Miles davis, Stark reality, herbie hancock, velvet underground, medeski, talking heads, any funk i can get my hands on

say whats up, on my new to soulstrut thread

Wisco represent, where the hell do you by records in Oshgosh? Two lurkers from Oshgosh, do y'all know each other? Wierd. RFButter, what are you "giving with the take"?

I guess I can share this http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3EK1P2JUPDNCE089LC8RAVM0Z2

I was just going to share this with friends, nothing jaw dropping, just something new to listen to. Be forewarned it is big, I zipped it but it's still a beast.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    (613.96 MB)

dude, what the fuck is it?

• (613.96 MB)

dude, what the fuck is it?

A mix runnig about 70 minutes in length. And its in sections that act as sorta track markers. Just piece them together in numeric order, take off any between track gaps and you're set.

• Holy Crap that will take forever. Sorry about that, I am recompressing at max, will post link when finished.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    1. Name
    -J
    2. Where your from
    -Groningen, The Netherlands
    3. Years digging
    Couple years now
    4. Specific Music your into
    Some fav. artists, mainly big names: Moodymann, Coltrane, Marvin, Curtis Mayfield, Al Green, Andres, B.I.G., Motorbass, Theo Parrish
    5. How you found the site
    Don't really remember, probably that popeyes side order thread
    6. What made you decide to post
    No idea, probably getting bored with the dudes at the-breaks that couldn't seem to get into any new hiphop at all
    7. Why you love me
    You got some dope avatars

So basically lil dude from Europe that listens to house on the side...

But that is such a good look (no, as you say, ayo). Moodyman and Theo Parrish throw it down like few DJs I have ever seen, from the dusty Detroit funk to the Rolling Stones. I missed out seeing those guys last Friday in Chicago, but several times, it's been steamy on the dance floor, with them churning it out cold and hard.

• 1. Name / hato
    2. Where your from / japan
    3. Years digging / 11
    4. Specific Music your into / progressiverock-jazzrock-jazzfunk garagepunk
    5. How you found the site / yahoo
    6. What made you decide to post / noreason
    7. Why you love me /

• 1. Name: JacobWizzle aka Jake One
    2. Where your from: Seattle, Washington
    3. Years digging 10 years semi seriously
    4. Specific Music your into: Soul and Funk(Curl and Sweet) Whatever I can make a slap out of.
    5. How you found the site: My mans Gene told me about it.
    6. What made you decide to post: Entertainment
    7. Why you love me: I'm favorite rappers favorite producer

• Holy Crap that will take forever. Sorry about that, I am recompressing at max, will post link when finished.

Here is the new link
    http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0RYO24C182KI70C0TNLN0EWZNW
    enjoy

• 1. sutty

6. to pass on information and keep anglo saxons away from guitars/B>

I knew it I knew it.
    Those Visigoths, Celts, Norsemen, Gauls all wield axes better than those Norman conquered sad sacks...

Oh yeah & welcome... ya brute. Each & every one of you wormcakes.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    1. Name
    -J
    2. Where your from
    -Groningen, The Netherlands
    3. Years digging
    Couple years now
    4. Specific Music your into
    Some fav. artists, mainly big names: Moodymann, Coltrane, Marvin, Curtis Mayfield, Al Green, Andres, B.I.G., Motorbass, Theo Parrish
    5. How you found the site
    Don't really remember, probably that popeyes side order thread
    6. What made you decide to post
    No idea, probably getting bored with the dudes at the-breaks that couldn't seem to get into any new hiphop at all
    7. Why you love me
    You got some dope avatars

So basically lil dude from Europe that listens to house on the side...

But that is such a good look (no, as you say, ayo). Moodyman and Theo Parrish throw it down like few DJs I have ever seen, from the dusty Detroit funk to the Rolling Stones. I missed out seeing those guys last Friday in Chicago, but several times, it's been steamy on the dance floor, with them churning it out cold and hard.

Oh yeah for sure, I've yet to see Theo Parrish dj (saw his show with the Rotating Assembly band, but there were only 10 people in the crowd or something so it didn't really take off), but I've heard some of his sets online, he's amazing. I like Moodymann's sets more, I saw him dj'ing in Amsterdam last year, shit was amazing, he's a very nice guy to talk to as well. I'm trying to collect all his releases, which will probably take some time, but it's worth it, haven't really heard any releases by him that I didn't like.

• 1. Name - Matt, aka Dig This. I was also "Sir Thx-A-Lot" on here for about ten minutes last year. Dig This is just a holla at Cannonball Adderley when he says, "we think that you......will dig this" on that Jive Samba bit, all cool and in the pocket. Cannonball is my man (no AYO!) right there.

2. Where you're from - Chicago -> I think I'm one of the few sober people here right now...

3. Years digging - mmmm, seven-ish? about three in the early 90s, then a big break in the middle and came back to it around 2000 when I lived in SF.

4. Specific Music you're into - ugh, depends on the day. pretty much anything is possible, but gimme something with congas, foo!

5. How you found the site - fellow Strutter TallBobSmoke. I design for a living and he'd post flyers I'd do for shows up on here and show me the posts.

6. What made you decide to post - the Heatrocks auction. in general I'm not big on bulletin boards, and it's bad enough I gotta stare at a screen all day to pay the bills...but that said, SoulStrut is one of those "damn, it's actually like a community!" boards....dap yourself, Strutters...

7. Why you love me - dude, Justine Bateman was on Blind Date, which makes you cool by association...

man, while I'm at it, I don't mean to hijack, but everytime I say "Strutter" I think of these dudes....

• 1. Name: Jason aka Jazz 1 the Poet aka Jazz 1 the DJ
    2. Where your from: Originally from Shreveport LA, but now reside in Austin
    3. Years digging: On and off forever but consistantly for the last five years.
    4. Specific Music your into: Classic Hip Hop, Dancehall and 80s New Wave
    5. How you found the site: Heard a fuckin' hater said I looked 40 on this board a year or so ago.
    6. What made you decide to post: 1 in 20 post are worth reading. That is about a thousand times better than most message boards.
    7. Why you love me: your eyes

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    1. Name: Phil aka Sticky Dojah
    2. Where your from: Currently residing in the most western town of Germany with a view on the Dutch mountains
    3. Years digging: On and off since 1984, but really on since 98 or so...
    4. Specific Music your into: Hip Hop in all forms, (a little) Dancehall and much Funk, Soul, Jazz, (Psych)Rock, Electro, House, Boogie, Disco....basically anything that rocks and is not afraid to have them drums loud!! Old as well as new !!!
    5. How you found the site: Through Mc Tenshun from Sittard wayback in 2000
    6. What made you decide to post: After five years of lurking I felt it is time to contribute and step my game up
    7. Why you love me: used to listen to Hi-C and Tony. A alot back in the day...

• 5. How you found the site: Through Mc Tenshun from Sittard wayback in 2000
    Not this MC Tenshun is it?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

5. How you found the site: Through Mc Tenshun from Sittard wayback in 2000

hell no! maybe he was spelled tenshion or something...cool dude from south holland who introduced me to some records wayback in 96/97....

• 5. How you found the site: Through Mc Tenshun from Sittard wayback in 2000

hell no! maybe he was spelled tenshion or something...cool dude from south holland who introduced me to some records wayback in 96/97....
    Thank christ for that.I didnt think it could be.

• My favorite newbie, plaese to post more pics of raers hommie.

thank you for the ...

here we go..

• 1. John
    2. Memphis
    3. 3
    4. jazz, soul, gospel, funk
    5. google search led me here? I don't remember
    6. I think my first post was about external sound cards, so advice about external sound cards.

• Name: [/b]

Where your from:[/b]

Years digging:[/b]

Specific Music your into:[/b]

How you found the site:[/b]

What made you decide to post:[/b]

Why you love me: [/b]

• yeah, shoulda done this awhile ago

Allow myself, to introduce, myself

1. El Mezcal Real / DJ Goldrocc
    2. Harm City, MD
    3. Since Day 1
    4. Hip Hop, Reggae, Soul, Funk, Gospeldelic, Bollywood
    5. just found it
    6. b/c
    7. na dude

is there a hazing of the new guys? like in "Old School" where they had the cinder blocks... ?

• I already introduced myself, but since I'm posting not enough, here I go again:

1. First name = Lander, alias = Blast kid, Easy Rawlins
    2. Belgium
    3. a year or something
    4. hip hop/funk/soul/jazz/grooves
    5. I think through the STMB
    6. probably RR question
    7. no comments

• JUDJUD 82 Posts
    is there a hazing of the new guys?
    Yes! It usually involves a sample ID question, followed by this graemlin:

(Mind you, i'm not telling you to take that shit to the-breaks.com)

• better than cinder blocks...

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    1. Dave aka erewhon aka DJ Shaq Jordan aka your contemporary Secret Weapon
    2. Baltimore City
    3. just about 10 years digging, maybe a couple months short of that.
    4. whatever it be, just try to add some freaky synth to it, ok?
    5. the internet
    6. Dunno...fate?
    7. I, too, like that 80's shit