just blaze and mf doom collabo

sconesscones 434 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
and doom collabo is gettin crazy nowbut this is quite nice..http://www.spinemagazine.com/music/october/mfdoomjustblaze/cookies.mp3

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Man.

I was expecting a little more out of that i guess.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    its just a remix, dope though

• Not feelin it.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I like the beat, even though the sample is obvious. Overall its eh. Like Bsides said, I expected more...

• I thought it was pretty nice, but there are a million cats on this board alone that could make better/more interesting beats than that (not saying I'm one of 'em).

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    that shit was weak.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    ha ha ha-you guys are funny. i bet alot of you think that the beat is a loop of "i'm gonna love you a little more...baby" but its not. its from a childrens record and the track is called "i'm gonna munch you...". if anyone can guess or actually knows i'll be impressed. my boy found this a while ago and had me buggin out tryin to find it. give love to these guys (blaze and doom) atleast blaze likes diggin...it may not be the hottest but its damn clever.

• I've been hearing rumors of this collab for a while now. Pretty boring - I was also expecting more out of it.

• ha ha ha-you guys are funny. i bet alot of you think that the beat is a loop of "i'm gonna love you a little more...baby" but its not. its from a childrens record and the track is called "i'm gonna munch you...". if anyone can guess or actually knows i'll be impressed. my boy found this a while ago and had me buggin out tryin to find it. give love to these guys (blaze and doom) atleast blaze likes diggin...it may not be the hottest but its damn clever.

ahhh no...i definatinley knew that wasn't the Barry White break - I don't care how rare it is - the beat just doesn't do it for me.

This is coming from a big Just Blaze & Doom fan.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    so you dont know what it is i'm guessing

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

It's a Sesame Streer/Cookie Monster thing. Dunno the album, but I've heard Z-Trip spin it.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Just Blaze is just riding the underground hip-hop bandwagon.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    well done...that didn't take long. born to add is the lp. cookie monster is on the cover lookin like the boss.

• awallawall 673 Posts

who cares

p.s. this song sucks

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    isn't this a record site where people talk about records???
    i must be wrong!

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    i must be wrong!

to quote so many others...

• isn't this a record site where people talk about records???
    i must be wrong!

It's all about MP3s these days.

i must be wrong!

You know...so many people say this on the site, we should have a graemlin for it.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    i give up

Spiv,

Look, I know you mean well, but if it's not already apparent, people like talking about records around here but they get mad eye-rolly with people playing the "guess what the sample is!" game.

i give up

• mf doom is the new cool guy to hate on

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    thanks odub-just bein' tryin to share something i thought was interesting. im defiately an outsider here so live and learn. its funny how grimey people act sometimes...when they are sittin behind a computer screen. maybe cats could lighten up a bit...imo.
    ps-im not really feelin much mf lately and this track is no exception.

mf doom is the new cool guy to hate on

mf doom is dope. Just blaze is mabye my favorite producer out. I think thats what makes this kind of disapointing. I really wanted to like it. But its just not that impressive. Sounds like it was done in about 10 minutes. Id like to see what happens if they really spent some time together and made some raw shit.

Also, theres alot of other tracks where doom fits his meandering flow into a sort of song structure, this just feels like a freestyle.

Its not horribly terrible, it just doesnt really warant any repeat spins.

• meshmesh 925 Posts

mf doom is dope. Just blaze is mabye my favorite producer out. I think thats what makes this kind of disapointing. I really wanted to like it. But its just not that impressive. Sounds like it was done in about 10 minutes. Id like to see what happens if they really spent some time together and made some raw shit.

Also, theres alot of other tracks where doom fits his meandering flow into a sort of song structure, this just feels like a freestyle.

Its not horribly terrible, it just doesnt really warant any repeat spins.

i was getting ready to respond but this pretty much nails it on the head.

i like both these dudes a lot. this aint cuttin it.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

hmmm. possibly another example of two gifted dudes cancelling out each other's talents?

i know people are like whatevs and grrr and turdburger, but i like the dangerdoom - maybe it worked cause dangermouse is not that hot and doom brings out the best in him and doom can shine at the same time.

• I actually like the track... don't really care what the sample is... but it would've been better with ghost on it

[/hatter]

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    its funny how grimey people act sometimes...when they are sittin behind a computer screen. ps-im not really feelin much mf lately and this track is no exception.

Where is the eye-rolling graemlin when you need it?

hmmm. possibly another example of two gifted dudes cancelling out each other's talents?

i know people are like whatevs and grrr and turdburger, but i like the dangerdoom - maybe it worked cause dangermouse is not that hot and doom brings out the best in him and doom can shine at the same time.

I still gotta check that dangerdoom thing. People are telling me its dope. I was a little turned off by the whole cartoon network thing, but ill give it a try. Im sure its on a listening station at aarons.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    its cool..i probably deserve this shit. oh well

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I actually like the track... don't really care what the sample is... but it would've been better with ghost on it

[/hatter]

no hattin, you are probably right... the beat to me seemed to be lacking something though