I have a 12" out maybe its hot?

El_MezcalitoEl_Mezcalito 312 Posts
edited October 2005 in Announcements
Was glad that XLR8R Mag liked it... anyone want to give feedback?

XLR8R:
Okai
Bout That
Soundchron/US/12
Produced by Ayatollah, Okai's single should remind hip-hop fans of Gang
Starr, Mobb Deep and Black Moon's gritty OG sound, a welcome change in
this bling era. Why? Cause it means Okai (who rep's East Flatbush) has
to be as dramatic and lyrical as Ayatollah's funky beat. No monotone
flow and an 808 here, son. "Face Off" features Planet Asia who informs
us that he's "comin" with force," which he does over sample-filtered
low-slung groove.
Duncan Phillips

anyone heard? give feedback?

listen @ http://www.soundchron.com (click "listen" and "Bout That")

Comments

• Come on peoples... someones gotta have something to say about this. like it? don't like it? be honest!

• Audio clips??? I tried to listen yesterday but got ensnared by your website. A soundclip would be nice.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    yeah i like, where can I cop one. I Could play this at my monthly.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    HEAT ALERT! check pms.

• Right now its only available in NY. check Fat Beats. Its shipping to the West Coast, but it could be a minute before it shows up in stores ... Hopefully at hiphopsite and sandbox sooner than that?

if you want, PM me and I'll ship them directly $5/each, free shipping. kinda ghetto but it could be a few weeks as distro gets it moving..

thanks for responding!

http://www.soundchron.com

• Shit is the dopeness...Love that beat. I'll be giving this a spin tonight mos def. Thanks for the copy EL Mezcalito!

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Dope. I'd buy it and play it on my show.

• Good look for the spins Meistro. DC heads need to check Meistro's Wonderland jawn, its nuts. don't snooze

DJ Stef, that vinylexchange site is pretty hot. I was feeling your mix. thats a whole scene on that site I wasn't up on. I forgot Sadat X was on that Nas remix...

Heads should check Sadat's NYC release party, 10/24 I believe.

• i love that okai track... dope stuff.

• you can download "Bout That" free on the XLR8R web site. I can't find the link right now, maybe lata..

"Bout That" debuted at #16 on college charts, right behind Bubba Sparxxx. I guess he's always been our main competition... him and Timbaland

http://www.rapattacklives.com (enter, top 30 charts)

• thanks for mentioning. its at http://xlr8r.com/downloads.php

peace,

maru

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Yo I dig that 12". If you want your 12" played on the radio in California hit me up. also check out my blog page vinylathletes.blogspot.com [color:green] [/color]

• Yeah man this is well nice.

If you had your magazine review swerve on correct (oh, apart from XLR8R) you might want to swing a copy our way.

New issue out in Dec. http://www.stealthdigital.com/home/default.asp

Okay a bit of distance to Oz, but i'd give a great review. You'd be in good company & our mag is available in Tower recs in the States.

IP

• Planet your site indicates you have good taste in music. Time Machine touring w/Giant Panda? I went to college w Chikara and Alex from Giant Panda, we used to rock shows at the Grove House!! haha..
    but hit me / PM your address and I'll send something.

• Man if I wasn't so busy I'd bring some records over there myself. I'm assuming the office is near a beach? would love to have an excuse to go to the Oz... Stealth is ill, I think y'all were actually on our list to get a package, but since you didn't, hit me/ PM me w an address.

• Options
    Why doesn't your cheap ass pay to be in the sales section?

K.

• I mean I was just trying to announce that its out there, and was hoping more for listens and critiques than anything else. But people wanted copies. All the people I'm sending it to on here its promos, I haven't sold anything here.

but yeah maybe I should take it to sales

• Options
    You seem using it as an advertising tool - bumping it up to the top often enough.

K.

• that second post was the only real bump. after that its been pretty legitimate .. sorry if this annoys you. if it makes you feel better I'll stop responding to people.

• Man if I wasn't so busy I'd bring some records over there myself. I'm assuming the office is near a beach? would love to have an excuse to go to the Oz... Stealth is ill, I think y'all were actually on our list to get a package, but since you didn't, hit me/ PM me w an address.

What's with the moaning Canadian?? Why is he checking back on this thread?

It's an announcement section... You announced a record just like people announce their club nights. In which people have to PAY to get in... Nothing wrong with that. Same diff.
    Sheesh!!!

Beach!! Well it's about a 15 min drive from here. The harbour is a 5min walk,
    And it's a glorious day here today.
    No shark attack victims. No Man o' War deaths. No Blue Ringed Octopi casualities. No Bluebottle stingers.
    It's a good day....

I'll ask the other lads if they recieved anything. I review the 12"s.
    I usually hunt down stuff like yours to give the unreported exposure.

Thanks for the props.
    We try, but sadly we are filled with backpackers, throwbackers, romantacists, so it only appeals to a select few...
    Us foreigners have it all wrong... Ha!

IP

I'll PM you an address if you haven't sent anything. Let me know.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    I don't get why people get so bent out of shape. I think it's good that someone would take the time to answer questions.

• I know, I've had it up to here with those damn Canadians. Ha! Just kidding Seven30! Big Jacks! DJ Linx!

Hmmm, I might hit the beach but looks like I should stay out of the water. Sky diving without a parachute sounds safer.

And thats officially my last post on here. The Canadian scared me off

• Options

What's with the moaning Canadian?? Why is he checking back on this thread?

He is trying to sell records using this forum. We have a forum for that..and you gotta pay. No moaning - just logic.

It's what allows this site to keep running and become what it has.

Kevin in Canada.

• Options
    I don't get why people get so bent out of shape. I think it's good that someone would take the time to answer questions.

I have no problem with that whatsoever. This place is for talking about music.

K.

• peace, main. it'll be on the sales forum soon.

• Options
    Did you try contacting Turntablelab.com, they mgiht take some.

Kevin.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

He is trying to sell records using this forum. We have a forum for that..and you gotta pay. No moaning - just logic.

I'm not into beefing, but I know dude, and his intentions in posting here, and if you check his original post it says absolutely nothing about selling the record. People asked where they could buy it so he told them. Why worry? If Raj has a problem he will tell him, until then let's all be merry and enjoy that ill record.

• He is trying to sell records using this forum. We have a forum for that..and you gotta pay. No moaning - just logic.

I'm not into beefing, but I know dude, and his intentions in posting here, and if you check his original post it says absolutely nothing about selling the record. People asked where they could buy it so he told them. Why worry? If Raj has a problem he will tell him, until then let's all be merry and enjoy that ill record.

Uh, yeah.. he was just asking wether people liked it or not...
    K, you just blurted out an assumption without even stating wether you liked the track. Which was his original inquiry.
    Your reply seemed a tad overzealous in it's wording.

Seems like he's done the next thing & everyone is happy.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    All he asked for was your opinions on his record. That's it. And we're all here to discuss music so let's not heated over nothing.