Paris To Purple City

DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
what do you guys think about this?Babygrande Records and Bon Vie Entertainment are proud to announce the release of Paris to Purple City on November 8, 2005.Every once in a while we have the opportunity to work on an album where the art and the actual experience of making the album completely eclipse commercial intentions. For Babygrande and Bon Vie Entertainment and all of the artists involved, Paris to Purple City is one of those albums.An unprecedented international collaboration album, Paris to Purple City features Dipset-affiliated Purple City mainstays Shiest Bub The Emperor, Un Kasa and Agallah The Don Bishop paired with eight of the hottest up and coming emcees from France (a/k/a the Baryo Gang), and includes special appearances from rising Dipset superstar Jim Jones and Hell Rell.While most would assume that tracks, verses and hooks were emailed across the Atlantic to complete this album, on the contrary, it was a truly collaborative affair from inception through execution.Eight French MC's traveled to New York for three weeks to engage creatively with Dipset affiliates Purple City and Diplomats Jim Jones and Hell Rell. With Purple Citys renowned Agallah, The Don Bishop supplying production for the entire album (previous production work includes Busta Rhymes, Sean Price and more), the resulting album is novel and stylistically fresh, featuring alternating verses in both English and French. French hip-hop is second only to American hip-hop in worldwide popularity. With artists such as MC Solar, Les Nubians, Sian Supa Crew and more recently Booba experiencing notable success in the US, it was only a matter of time before a truly collaborative album would emerge.

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I think its extremely weird. But go purple city!

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    Don Bishop supplying production for the entire album

Ill! Joints he did for dipset & ruk was esp that jail shit joint on the p album.

On 2nd note, I'm off to Paris Monday! YAY

• In my opinion french is one of the few langauges besides english that sounds good in rap. It flows really well. Not sure how that album will sound though.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    French hip-hop is second only to American hip-hop in worldwide popularity. With artists such as MC Solar, Les Nubians, Sian Supa Crew and more recently Booba experiencing notable success in the US, it was only a matter of time before a truly collaborative album would emerge.

Yeah! I think I heard about that shit but eyh!
    Eyh! Have you ever heard of sOLAAR before, les nUBIANS? etc
    Fortunately, you don't understand the lyrics!!!

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    yeah MC Solaar eh.

The only french stuff I ever liked is IAM and Dj Cam. the rest is suspect.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Booba experiencing notable success in the US...

I can't believe that shit!!!!!!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    yeah MC Solaar eh.

Eyh! Don't say MC when you say sOLAAR.

This dude is the wackest "rapper" ever.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    yeah MC Solaar eh.

Eyh! Don't say MC when you say sOLAAR.

This dude is the wackest "rapper" ever.

good point

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Eyh! DocBeezy, sorry for that hate but eyh!
    Who are the French rappers involved in this project...?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Booba experiencing notable success in the US...

I can't believe that shit!!!!!!

Don't... I've never even heard of 'Booba'

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    a recent Dipset mixtape had a bunch of tracks from a British affiliate called SAS that were decent... I think they've gone worldwide

ES-??Y-ES
    LunDON! wha riellay riellay guhd?

They have obivously nothing todo with this project apart from the fact that they did a similar joint with dipset before their SAS CD came out, which was pretty hard (you just gotta love their voices )...they used a fruity loops preset beat on one of the tracks

Anyhow I AM is THE shit.... Can't say this often enough :

L'ecole du micro d'argent is the illest LP ever!!!!
    also
    My french is limited but petit frere and la saga were pretty ill tracks, beatwise and vocally.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Is anyone familiar with RPM (who later became the Runaways), they were French hiphop right?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i thought this post was going to be about paris hilton dating or collaborating with cam'ron

Sounds like we really need the RR-day

• artists such as MC Solar, Les Nubians, Sian Supa Crew

these are by far not the best French hip-hop has to offer. i like Passi. and there are lots of others.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts