SMOKING BANS

2»

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    FUCK ALL YOU ALL!
    LET ME KILL MYSELF INDOORS!

You can. It's called your house.

Until Homeowners Insurance starts to limit that too. The 'slippery slope' effect.

• FUCK ALL YOU ALL!

Until Homeowners Insurance starts to limit that too. The 'slippery slope' effect.

JESUS CHRIST, your prob right though

• Totally for it.

Only downside I see is that it's harder to burn joints at indoor shows now.

FUCK ALL YOU ALL!

Actually just talked to a friend in the 'Industry', and he said that that's pretty unlikely.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Totally for it.

Only downside I see is that it's harder to burn joints at indoor shows now.

true.

damn. now I'm torn like Natalie Imbruglia.

• Try DJing or working period in a smoky club all night. It's hell and I say ban, for the health of the worker.

• FUCK ALL YOU ALL!

Actually just talked to a friend in the 'Industry', and he said that that's pretty unlikely.

We just got our "time to re-up your insurance" memo and it says that smokers have to pay more this year (how they're going to enforce that I do not know)....

Try DJing or working period in a smoky club all night. It's hell and I say ban, for the health of the worker.

I prefer the 'non-smoking' rooms to DJ in, and in DC, that's only one I can think of.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    I have not heard of anywhere going out of business because of the smoking ban.

this site is the first that comes to mind.

http://www.davehitt.com/facts/badforbiz.html
    I can't possibly believe that the smoking ban is the only reason that some of these places that went under. Pretty dramatic numbers. Should have gotten a business model.

• I quit smoking 40 days ago and haven't slipped, thanks possibly in part to the last smokestrut discussion. I also think it had something to do with visiting a city where you could smoke in the bars and coming out of there feeling like a dirty can of butts.

But I still think it's fascistic and lame that SOME bars cannot be designated as places for smokers. I'm all for a man's right to destroy himself, and for people to do that collectively if they so choose.

I'm against smoking, but most of the arguments against smoking, smoker's rights, and the legal liabilities of tobacco companies are clearly false, disingenuous or hypocritical, similar to the way potheads try to argue for legalization because hemp makes good backpacks...

• reskresk 391 Posts
    congrats on quitting smoking.

anyways, i'm all for smoking bans since i have asthma and cig smoke happens to be a trigger for it. Smokings bans in bars and clubs maybe a little extreme for smokers (since a lot of people only smoke when drinking) but its great as hell for nonsmokers. The worst thing to me about going and working at bars/clubs is going home wrenching of cig smoke.