This gets better every time i listen to it

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    shit i swear people on here dont have ears

Because failure to participate in the beatification of 'Pet Sounds' surely renders one tasteless...

...or earless...
    pretty much. this is a masterpiece. i think mahfuckas who are rollin down the street in escalades listenin to 50 cent should still praise this record. the music is universal, so i dont understand why anyone would not love this album

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    and yo....I gotta give props to that_little_niggy_the_mack for being only a junior high school but having the tastes to check out some shit like the beach boys. The little dude is ahead of the pack.

seriously? junior high?

YOUNG PHONIKS STRIKES AGAIN!

I meant a junior in[/b] high school. and yes Miss Bassie, the boy is single.

no thank you.

and yo....I gotta give props to that_little_niggy_the_mack for being only a junior high school but having the tastes to check out some shit like the beach boys. The little dude is ahead of the pack.

seriously? junior high?

no thank you.
    just got a PM from missbassie on the low. she wants to go on a date!!!!

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

and sloop john b is my shit right there.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    but this is still some square ass music to my ears.

Homie, that's one of the reasons I've never even thought of checking it out, but I think today I'll go and find out for sure. I'm thinking it's going to sound like some Mamas and the Papas meets The Cyrkle type of shit.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Does this mean you're coming over (aaayyyooo) after school?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Is there some sort of hip to be square appeal with Pet Sounds? It's ironic, maybe?

Naw dude, just pure emotion on wax expressed by a family of perfect voices backed by an orchestra of some of the better musicians available at the time

I don't understand whats so complicated about this, guys

Some of you haters are crazy about that Love record, right?

seriously? junior high?

no thank you.

but this is still some square ass music to my ears.

Homie, that's one of the reasons I've never even thought of checking it out, but I think today I'll go and find out for sure. I'm thinking it's going to sound like some Mamas and the Papas meets The Cyrkle type of shit.
    this is not corny music man. dont get the wrong impression. its insanely beautiful and emotional music

seriously? junior high?

no thank you.

"Alright P*trick just like I promised you, I'm dropping you off 2 blocks from the bowling alley. Now, make sure you pay for her games and remember I gave you that money to buy her something to eat as well. Call me when you need to get picked up...oh and not to much Soda, Okay? We both know how you get all hyper and end up wetting the bed. [/b]

while Pat Metheney is playing on the stereo

seriously? junior high?

no thank you.

"wassup baby"[/b]

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I think that this album has gotten props here in the past & they're always much deserved IMO. "Sloop John B" & "God Only Knows" are one of my favorite musical one, two punches.

h

seriously? junior high?

no thank you.

"wassup baby"[/b]

not to be a party-pooper, but dude you so have the wrong girl for this tom-foolery. please, (try to) pick (up) on someone your own age...and taste...pet sounds is overrated over the moon.

you mad doggy?

• Who would you say it's fair to compare the Beach Boys to? Other surf groups (in which case they are clearly the best ever)? Other 60's pop/rock?

I feel this is a good comparison...same year...same state.
    I vote this hands down!

you mad doggy?

you'd know if i was mad little man. i know you can't see or hear me laughing, but i am.

now, how's it gonna end - pretty or ugly? do you know when to stop?

Who would you say it's fair to compare the Beach Boys to? Other surf groups (in which case they are clearly the best ever)? Other 60's pop/rock?

I vote this hands down!

co-signature on the dotted line.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

I vote this hands down!

WHATEVER!!!

Notorious Byrds borthers is VASTLY superior to that haphazard joint right there.. hell younger than yesterday is better than fith dimension.. obviously 8 miles high is the bomb but its pretty much all down hill from there on in.

there are only like two or three records of that era that can compare to Pets Sounds.

Zombies - Odyssey and Oracles
    Beatles - white album
    Love - Forever Changes

and all three of those wouldnt be the records they were if it wasnt for a MASSIVE dose of beach boys influence.

edited because missbassie is being childish and cant take a joke, but i will be the bigger person

I vote this hands down!

WHATEVER!!!

Notorious Byrds borthers is VASTLY superior to that haphazard joint right there.. hell younger than yesterday is better than fith dimension.. obviously 8 miles high is the bomb but its pretty much all down hill from there on in.

there are only like two or three records of that era that can compare to Pets Sounds.

Zombies - Odyssey and Oracles
    Beatles - white album
    Love - Forever Changes

and all three of those wouldnt be the records they were if it wasnt for a MASSIVE dose of beach boys influence.

couldn't have said it better myself

you mad doggy?

you'd know if i was mad little man. i know you can't see or hear me laughing, but i am.

now, how's it gonna end - pretty or ugly? do you know when to stop?
    damn. you gonna hurt my feelings or somethin? and trust me, im no little man if you get my drift;)

but please, be my guest, end it ugly, VERY ugly. i'd like to see what it is you shall do to make it so UGLY

can we PLEASE get a rolling eyes emoticon? someone? please?

i don't like ugly. i'm done.

Has DANIEL WHEELER hi-jacked THE_MACKS account?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    This is his schtick. It's best just to grin and bear it. It makes for great entertainment (especially the classic bouts with 3rdstream)

naw i appologize.

i was just kinda dissapointed in missbassies attitude. it was a joke and she knew it. did she really think i was tryin to pick her up?

it's all jokes people. dont take shit so serious

• Just wanna jump in say THANKS to all who have posted in this thread. It's been a slow week at work and this shit has "Classic Friday Thread" written all over it.

BTW: Real headz know that "Kokomo" is that real Beach Boys piff.

naw i appologize.

i was just kinda dissapointed in missbassies attitude. it was a joke and she knew it. did she really think i was tryin to pick her up?

it's all jokes people. dont take shit so serious

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

chris and myself are with you all the way here, hommes.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    classic bouts with 3rdstream

hell yea.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

chris and myself are with you all the way here, hommes.

Pffft. Where were you this morning when Eric Clapton's 465 Ocean Blvd. was under assault?

Your love for the Marina is shallow like the inlets.