This gets better every time i listen to it

TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
appreciate this shit mother batches

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    good album but I think its slightly overrated. I listen to it but I skip tracks while doing so

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    only track i skip is Sloop John B, which is good in its own right, but i dont like playin it out

• good album but I think its slightly overrated. I listen to it but I skip tracks while doing so

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    good album but I think its slightly overrated. I listen to it but I skip tracks while doing so

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Wow... I am kinda late to this album, but it's funny because it just happens to be on right now... and I am not skipping around tracks. Really incredible. Can't see how this is overrated. I'd put it in the class of a select few albums of its kind.

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts

Wow... I am kinda late to this album, but it's funny because it just happens to be on right now... and I am not skipping around tracks. Really incredible. Can't see how this is overrated. I'd put it in the class of a select few albums of its kind.

Absolutely with you on this one. How can you skip through songs on this? What do you like if not this? Is nothing ever good enough? IT'S PET SOUNDS

• good album but I think its slightly overrated. I listen to it but I skip tracks while doing so

This guy right here is a funny guy...

Why?

agree. this seems to be the only album i can continually come back to, and continually be blown away by. really one of the best ever made

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Absolutely with you on this one. How can you skip through songs on this? What do you like if not this? Is nothing ever good enough? IT'S PET SOUNDS

When I got the CD in 1990 or therebouts, I practically wore the coating off the disc, I must have rocked that nearly exclusively for the better part of that summer, and it has been with me ever since, not to mention the vinyl copies I have acrued over th years. I remember when a friend of mine called it "vanilla barbershop quartet music" I nearly strangled him.

Love this record. But I can understand where some older heads are at. The have known the deal for some time and it loses a bit of it's magical magic like anything over repeated listens.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

• good album but I think its slightly overrated.

COSIGN.

Give me any Jimi Hendrix Experience or Sly and the Family Stone or even any (of the first 3) Cymande record over Pet Sounds any day of the week.

I might even rate an REM record or 2 ahead of Pet Sounds.

Don't get me started on Smile.

And I'm someone who really likes the Beach Boys' music.

Reynaldo, I think a PM might be needed here.

Why?

You sounded like you were kidding. My apologies sir...

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I have never ever heard pet sounds. not once.

Give me any Jimi Hendrix Experience or Sly and the Family Stone or even any (of the first 3) Cymande record over Pet Sounds any day of the week.

dude. DUDE! rem????

joking right?

• this record is overrated? you have got to be fucking kidding me.

you don't rate a record like this, it rates you.

dude. DUDE! rem????

joking right?

Not at all. What's the one with Begin the Begin and Fall On Me? That one, and Chronic Town (even though it's only an EP)...those are both better albums in my mindgarden.

this record is overrated? you have got to be fucking kidding me.

you don't rate a record like this, it rates you.
    spoken like a true, uhhh, donkey lover

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Wow... I am not skipping around tracks. Really incredible. Can't see how this is overrated. I'd put it in the class of a select few albums of its kind.

well considering that this LP is often considerred to be one of the best pieces of music EVER recorded I gotta say that its overrated. IMO the best pieces of music put on tape wouldn't make me feel like hitting the forward button. I'm not knocking it just knocking its critics.

Wow... I am not skipping around tracks. Really incredible. Can't see how this is overrated. I'd put it in the class of a select few albums of its kind.

well considering that this LP is often considerred to be one of the best pieces of music EVER recorded I gotta say that its overrated. IMO the best pieces of music put on tape wouldn't make me feel like hitting the forward button. I'm not knocking it just knocking its critics.

I would concur with the Guzz on that last statement. 'Pet Sounds' in and of itself is a great album, not however the mighty colossus that critical fluffers have tried to make it over the years.

Ding ding ding...

'Pet Sounds' in and of itself is a great album, not however the mighty colossus that critical fluffers have tried to make it over the years.

Also see Kind of Blue.

• Ding ding ding...

'Pet Sounds' in and of itself is a great album, not however the mighty colossus that critical fluffers have tried to make it over the years.

Also see Kind of Blue.

Oh dear...

dude. DUDE! rem????

joking right?

Not at all. What's the one with Begin the Begin and Fall On Me? That one, and Chronic Town (even though it's only an EP)...those are both better albums in my mindgarden.
    trippin

Ding ding ding...

Also see Kind of Blue.
    Also see: lean + ecstasy + shrooms.

You forgot mescaline.

if this isnt one of the best albums ever please tell me what is. dont even say Cymande

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I'm mad curious to check it now, though.

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts

I'm mad curious to check it now, though.

Dude and you're getting at me because you thought I didn't give Queen Latifah enough props? LORD

if this isnt one of the best albums ever please tell me what is. dont even say Cymande

These are all better to me:

Cymande
    Axis: Bold As Love
    Stand
    Rubber Soul
    From a Whisper to a Scream
    What's Goin' On
    Songs in the Key of Life
    Slanted and Enchanted (for real)
    and so on...