What You Know About This Feet?

BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
We had the official NYC Heatrock Listening Party??? last night at Deepstank's amazing loft. Brie was sliced, raers were heard, drinks were drunk, and deeperstunk made some delicious homemade pot pie (hippie!). There is a strict NO SHOES policy at casa de stunk, as to not knick the wood grain, so we were straight sockin' it (except for that one friend of schnipper's who was like, "Uh, I haven't changed my socks in two weeks" -- he got a pass).The obvious Big Dude of the evening was Sweendog. He is the champion of generosity, and he, of course, rolled through with his new copy of Stark Reality, which sounded beautiful.
Strutters were in attendance: deepstank, Garcia_Vega, sweendoglongisle, rape_donkeys, faux_rills, noz, BigSpliff, OtisFunkmeyer, JonnyPaycheck, schnipper, me, and several non-strutters. Professor_rockwell, delay, Cosmo, and Ayres were missed. (I hope I didn't forget anyone.)
WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS FEAT?[/b]
Only two of us were dumb enough to invite our girlfriends. Sausage fest for real. Where else can you see a bunch of dudes interrupting eachother for six hours while they discuss records? I overheard a heated debate on Kanye West from the Faux_noz section of the room, rape_donkeys hollered for a rewind when Otis was dropping break 45s, schnipper kept asking if he could put on a gay house 12", faux_rills got drunk and showed us all the tattoo on his stomach ("HOTLANTA"), BigSpliff was selling crock pots, and I think there was a fire in deep's office, as the smoke was thick. I had to leave early, as jetlag was still pretty serious, those who stuck it out plaese to report.

Comments

• we were straight sockin' it

Thank you

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I had to leave early, as jetlag was still pretty serious, those who stuck it out plaese to report.

An unnamed industry insider assured those present that he had reliable word that Busta Rhymes' upcoming album would be a bona fide hip-hop classic.

I am currently scouring the internet for a release date, so that I can mark this unprecedented opportunity for hatting on my calendar.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I believe the release date is one year and one day from the day of incarceration... but I hear there's gonna be a phone message 12"... risky.

thanks for coming through, y'all.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    touch it = my new favorite song.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    thanks for coming through, y'all.

Thanks for hosting. I'll sort something out for the next one.

So there were only black sock wearers (bourgeois boho) and white sock wearers (street ballers). No colors, no patterns. I guess we don't need to prove we got personality!

• Don't forget ResidentGiant was also there, helping keep the fire burning. His are the socks with the red stripe at the toe.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

"HOTLANTA"

I'm sorry I missed the festivities. I was hemmed.

• Strutters were in attendance: rape_donkeys, faux_rills, noz, JonnyPaycheck, schnipper,

I would of paid to see those dudes in a room together

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    That shit looked fresh.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    schnipper kept asking if he could put on a gay house 12"

[sad schnipper]"aww... this is not nearly as gay as i hoped it would be"[/sad schnipper]

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    those look like some digger's feet. some dirty sneaker motherfuckers.

bet the listening was fun. wish i could have been in attendance. but NYC is on the horizon perhaps in the winter depending on where travels take me once i'm settled. i can put some faces to those feet.

if anyone would like to stage guerilla theatre at the FEMA headquarters to assist in helping me get some aid 5 weeks out from my application, i will not stop you.

stay warm out there.

• those look like some digger's feet. some dirty sneaker motherfuckers.

I hadn't arrived yet.

• tripping. i see your fuckin hand me downs.

• tripping. i see your fuckin hand me downs.

LMAO

Aren't you selling your footraers?

Now it's nothing but paint stained vandals for you

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    those look like some digger's feet. some dirty sneaker motherfuckers.

Mine.

The pink fur ones look very uptown - anyone?

• I need to pay more attention to what happens in my hometown. I'm well behaved in shoeless households, and have some crispy smartwoll socks I woulda pulled out for the occasion.

• Haha, I was wondering why you were taking pictures of people's feet. I just chalked it up to some Bambouche eccentricity!

On another note, I don't know why, but I expected Sweendog to show up in a ski mask and sunglasses, didn't recognize him without it! I also hope that Noz does get an exclusive interview with Lil Kim from the pen.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

faux_rills got drunk and showed us all the tattoo on his stomach ("STATLANTA"),

• Damn! This was last night? I am sooo unfocused and disorganized lately...but I was out of town as well this weekend.

I'm dropping off your heatrock at your work tomorrow mayne.

• Options
    On another note, I don't know why, but I expected Sweendog to show up in a ski mask and sunglasses, didn't recognize him without it!

It's not yet cold enough, give it another week or two.

Nice to meet some of you (GVega, Schnipper and his bearded valet, ResGiant, that other guy who wore the green suit and hid in the bathroom), and nice to see the others again. I didn't catch what most of you said because I don't hear well when there is background noise, I hope it wasn't anything poignant.

Serious hospitality underway in the Stankmansion, watermelon radishes and olives for days. Dude lives in Eden!

I almost forgot my record bag on the way there and then again when I was leaving. Plus I left a gift from JP on the table like an ungrateful stoned jackass.

Very good time overall, I'm looking forward to being able to host one someday if some contractors would pick up the pace a bit.

See you soon folks!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    SS get togethers always seem so cute.
    we should have a day when strutters throughout the world unite in their respective regions and all listen to sayer simultaneously.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Serious hospitality underway in the Stankmansion, watermelon radishes and olives for days. Dude lives in Eden!

yes, grown and sexy is an understatement. thanks mr. & mrs. deepstank!

• Don't forget ResidentGiant was also there, helping keep the fire burning. His are the socks with the hole[/b] at the toe.

Deepstank, thanks for hosting, the pot-pie was awesome and made my vegetable quota for the week. It was great meeting everyone, although I didn't get to talk to some of you.. I was kinda off in stoner-heaven, getting my face liquefied by everyone's raers. So thanks to everyone who kept the fire burning, S**** for bringing me along and BigSpliff for the transportation.. Hope to see some of you at our gig on the 28th if not sooner.