What are you poptarts listening to?

Comments

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Still in the cd player...

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Its all about Tony and Herbie:

• I'm listening to cock rock through the floor coming from my dutch neighbors place. I guess that's cool to them. They even have a band and play that shit. To each their own. When it get's out of hand I just kick up my 15" monitors. I can blow away this whole complex. No one wants to battle me, they will lose.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Damn, I don't think my copy has that little extra fold-out tab in the packaging...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Damn, I don't think my copy has that little extra fold-out tab in the packaging...

That was so funny I almost pooped my pants.

• I just bought the raer ish of this with Superman on the cover offa some dude for the shop.

I just popped this on at the shop

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

just bought this amazing album tonight

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    prince-how come u dont call anymroe live and that new ugk jeezy jayz track

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Right now I am listening to the soundclips of this Private Press Kufi Jazz auction on ebay. Crazy rasta/ez listening/soprano sax madness. Do not sleep.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Private-Soul-Jazz-Spiritual-SOLAR-Faith-For-My-Mind_W0QQitemZ4774364217QQcategoryZ306QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Ditto.

• Listening to this trying to get into the mood for beddy bye time.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

UTFO - I'm a Dog

why, i'm not sure.

• flunkflunk 230 Posts

I was sitting in the bush killing rabbits today (job related), listening to this guy and slipping slightly on some good weed........all in all it was a surreal day.

Hicks "Does that trouble anyone here? The idea that God might be fuckin' with our heads?"

Hicks "It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one."

.......and i was listening to a 100 Proof album, but do'nt know what it was, it had "Somebody'd been sleeping" on it........anyone know?

flunk

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    Began the day with this...

Followed by this...

and now this...

• I was sitting in the bush killing rabbits today (job related), listening to this guy and slipping slightly on some good weed........all in all it was a surreal day.

Hicks "Does that trouble anyone here? The idea that God might be fuckin' with our heads?"

Hicks "It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one."

.......and i was listening to a 100 Proof album, but do'nt know what it was, it had "Somebody'd been sleeping" on it........anyone know?

flunk

Hicks was deep (and waaaay before his time).

This is currently in heavy rotation...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I was sitting in the bush killing rabbits today (job related), listening to this guy and slipping slightly on some good weed........all in all it was a surreal day.

flunk

Hicks was deep (and waaaay before his time).

This is currently in heavy rotation...

Seems like Lar and I are forever on the same page...

Got this rockin' right now,

and drove around this weekend to this after finding it used but sealed and CHEAP

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I'm fucking with this right now.

'Baby Let Me Follow You Down' is my track on that 2nd CD. That's some tasty shit by Robbie Robertson on that.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah, disc 2 kills.

But it's still before eleven, so I stay acoustic.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    This is what's been on the Pickwick Sound Systems as of late:
    - the Texas Funk[/b] compilation with Latin Breed, Sunny & the Sunliners, Zapata, etc. (CD)
    - Papa John Creach's[/b] Filthy! (LP)
    - Lowell Fulson's[/b] "Make A Little Love" (45)
    - It's All Meat[/b] (Canadian psych band; unusually garagey for 1969) (CD)
    - Renaldo Domino's[/b] "Not Too Cool To Cry" (1969 again, this time the genre is sweet soul) (45)
    - Al Wilson's[/b] "Lodi" (soul version of Creedence song) (45)
    - Jimmy Wilson's[/b] "Big Wheel Rolling"/"Please Accept My Love" (scary falsetto on the word "please" in the bridge)(45)
    - Johnnie Allan's[/b] Swamp Pop Legend (the version here of "Please Accept My Love" is even more desperate than Jimmy Wilson's) (CD)
    - Arthur Prysock's[/b] "In The Rain" (nothing against the Dramatics, but, Lord, Prysock KILLED IT; love that organ) (45)
    - Boogaloo Joe Jones'[/b] Snake Rattle Rock (LP)
    - Thelonious Monk's[/b] Monk's Greatest Hits (LP)

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    Went from

to

those doods are from seattle(ish)... really nice, unpretentious kids.

• Options

I got a box of these, you guys should really hear this. Heartfelt shot!

Just cause we were talking about it last week.

K in Canada.

really nice, unpretentious kids.

That's cool.

I found it today actually, for about a dollar.

• LPs:

...and then on CD:

"tasty"

• Got this rockin' right now,

'Baby Let Me Follow You Down' is my track on that 2nd CD. That's some tasty shit by Robbie Robertson on that.

Same page indeed! I was actually listening to that right before I put on 'Bringing It All Back Home'. I dig the electric disk, but the version of 'Desolation Row' (one of my all time fave songs) on the acoustic disk is

I dig the electric disk, but the version of 'Desolation Row' (one of my all time fave songs) on the acoustic disk is

Then you need to get that 'No Direction Home' soundtrack CD, becuz the alt version of 'Desolation Row' is jaw-droppingly great.