More Excellent Programming From PBS

Comments

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    always nice..love me some p funk.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    wish scorsese would have directed this instead of the dylan joint.

• Is this your best TV station?
    All the good documentaries we get from the US seem to be from this station. Mostly from a program called 'Frontline'.

And the only good US news program we get is the Jim Lehrer Newshour. Seems to be very well balanced with good non-based reporting. As for Fox, well that shit is just wierd & disturbing.

So hopefully we might get the Parliament one...in a years time.
    Might send our SBS station an email methinks.

Reckon someone could record it digitally, convert to an AVI file & make a torrent for it????
    Please, for us international heads?
    I can give you a copy of 'Skippy the Bush Kangaroo' in exchange. Has some nice easy listening 70s music to sample from.. Ha!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Is this your best TV station?
    All the good documentaries we get from the US seem to be from this station. Mostly from a program called 'Frontline'.

And the only good US news program we get is the Jim Lehrer Newshour. Seems to be very well balanced with good non-based reporting. As for Fox, well that shit is just wierd & disturbing.

So hopefully we might get the Parliament one...in a years time.
    Might send our SBS station an email methinks.

Reckon someone could record it digitally, convert to an AVI file & make a torrent for it????
    Please, for us international heads?
    I can give you a copy of 'Skippy the Bush Kangaroo' in exchange. Has some nice easy listening 70s music to sample from.. Ha!

Its public broadcasting. But yes, its also probably our best station. Most of the programs on there that are news oriented have a reputation thats so longstanding that no one can fuck with them. Frontline is excellent, and always has been. Jim Lehrer is probably the one news show I trust for a fairly honest report of what goes on. And I always love charlie rose.

PBS rules. It really does.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    One of my most disappointing moments of recent memory was when my local PBS station, WGBH, was showing "classic" episodes of their old show "Say Brother" - yes, the same "Say Brother" whose theme was written & performed by Stark Reality - and the day after it aired, I saw they had shown an episode from 1970 that featured two live performances in-studio by Parliament, and an extended interview with the band.

I'm fairly sure it was and I really wish I had seen it.

• I hope SOMEBODY caught Kurt Vonnegut tonight. He was saying some deep shit.

dont forget travis smiley and my favorite, NOVA.