Phife sucks

parenparen 537 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
sayin'.

Comments

• Great record:

He's also a very nice guy.

So it is my opinion that he does not suck.

• he isnt the most gifted rapper in the world but I really like his style. I have not, however, heard anything he has done since ATCQ.

it's not like honey dip would wanna get with me...but just in case I hold more condoms than TLC

CLASSIC SHIT.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    does he really get loose off of orange juice? (it's quite clear that he invested no more than a minute to write each and every one of his rhymes).

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Completely agree... A couple cool one liners don't make up for the 99% of his wackass rhymes

• This thread is completely irrelevant.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    this 'phife sucks' thread/opinion seems to pop up every 3 months on the board.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    this 'phife sucks' thread/opinion seems to pop up every 3 months on the board.

Yea, I don't know what the hate is all about. I like his style and so what if his solo stuff isn't blowing doors? He does have skills even if you don't like them. He was part of a classic group that made real world moves and you know this mang!

• parenparen 537 Posts
    dude was always making claims that he was a battle emcee. he wasn't. his sole value add from People's Instinctive til the end was a stylistic contrast to Tip, nothing more. If you say his style is wack then you're right on.

all apologies: phife-focus was very ss-2000 --> http://www.soulstrut.com/features/2000/phife.php

relevance? haha.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    dude was always making claims that he was a battle emcee. he wasn't. his sole value add from People's Instinctive til the end was a stylistic contrast to Tip. nuthin more. If you say his style is wack then you're right on.

all apologies: phife-discussion was very ss-2000 --> http://www.soulstrut.com/features/2000/phife.php

relevance? haha.

1. What rapper doesn't claims he's the baddest MF on every level?

2. Did you even battle him?

• parenparen 537 Posts
    i am not an emcee, dude. phife is/was. he was not a good one. relisten to the tribe albums. his flow is by and large embarassing. it was a hard realization for me at first, too, but it's okay to admit it.

kid my shit's the bomb, ask my peep's in OK is hardly as badass as you thought at the time, no?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    how can you say that phife sucks? to me that's like saying enter the 36 chambers is outdated and stale. sure his solo work is not all that, but to diss him altogether separates you from an entire demographic. brooklyn is crazy hot and muggy right now.... what the fuck are you guys doing? -matt

volumen, you and i are in agreement on this one, just to make things clear.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    how can you say that phife sucks? to me that's like saying enter the 36 chambers is outdated and stale. sure his solo work is not all that, but to diss him altogether separates you from an entire demographic. brooklyn is crazy hot and muggy right now.... what the fuck are you guys doing? -matt

it's not at all like saying an entire album was weak. that would be saying: the love movement sucked. or beats rhymes and life sucked, which is not what i am saying phife sucks. i wish jarobi had recited song titles to take up the place of some of the weakass phife lyrics on a few subsequent albums. heh.

i am drinking gray goose. that makes me very hiphop these days doesnt it.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yo, none of the emcees from tribe were great emcees but they did well over the beats they had. i dont think anyone would have done as good of a job over their shit than them and i wouldn't want it any other way

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i never like paul mcartney's vocals

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    His solo schitt is garbage (sorry Ross), as were his contributions to the final two Tribe albums. His voice literally changed for some reason.

All of that said, going out of your way to pick on the dude in 2005 is some pretty meanspirited schitt.

• i never like paul mcartney's vocals

phife was the arhtur lee of tribe. Im serious.

that would be saying: the love movement sucked. or beats rhymes and life sucked, which is not what i am saying phife sucks. i wish jarobi had recited song titles to take up the place of some of the weakass phife lyrics on a few subsequent albums. heh.

i am drinking gray goose. that makes me very hiphop these days doesnt it.
    man, the love movement does suck! but that's tribe as a whole... we're in ny for a friend's wedding right now, listening to bettye swann, and grey goose martinis are my shit... we're pals foreve3r now. -m

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

All of that said, going out of your way to pick on the dude in 2005 is some pretty meanspirited pointless[/b] schitt.

• parenparen 537 Posts

All of that said, going out of your way to pick on the dude in 2005 is some pretty meanspirited pointless[/b] schitt.

-and RAM by paul mccartney is the shit... you must have overlooked that one. for reals. particualkerly heart of the country and ram on. x0 -matt, i f(heart) nyc

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I drink a lot of soda so they call me Dr pepper.

man, that line still gets stuck in my head...

• even though deep in my heart, it really could be.
    i just do my best to like go all out.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    The batteries I use are called Du-ra-cell
    They last for three weeks so they do me well

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    your styles are incomplete, same as Vinny Testaverde.

i'm habnging with a taiwanese/jampanse coupke gerttig married on sunday in manhattan... wurd!!!! pictures to c ome on momnmdaty/