PICTURES

Comments

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    man those cassettes are beautiful! awesome pics!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    if we had like 10 phill most's on this board i dont think i would be able to turn off my computer ever... once again

what he said

• praises due!

thanks for sharing these mayne.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    if we had like 10 phill most's on this board i dont think i would be able to turn off my computer ever... once again

what he said

what they said

As usual hommie, you're

• nothing i can say that hasn't been said here yet.
    phill, these are incredible. thanks for sharing these.
    M

• NICE!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    PHIL,

I gotta say thank you for sharing SO MUCH over the years. From the soulman's top 10 beats to catch, to the world of beats, to tons of old school knowledge that many of us would have no first hand account of otherwise.

CLEARLY, soulman has been down since day 1. So I am proud to have him around as our consumate advocate for everything that is THAT REAL SHIT!!!!

• nothing i can say that hasn't been said here yet.
    phill, these are incredible. thanks for sharing these.

• DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMM

what happened to master Rob??????

thanks for sharing man...the legend grows!

• ill .... reminds me of when we did the same to our shelltops back in the day .... phil, i know you must have a few painter's caps layin' around .. lol

• "Catches bullets with his teeth!"

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

"Catches bullets with his teeth!"

SHO NUFF!

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Great pics and stories Phill. I gotta agree those cassettes are what's what, with "OLD" being my favorite.

From one Grandma's boy to another, thanks for sharing and entertaining.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    it might seem redundant to say at this point but these made my day. thanks phill!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    lovin them tapes. My partners got that helix box (with the alarm). It's mad heavy. We used to roll it in a radio flyer.

• ahh shit..Phil, in that
    Native Tounge" era" pic with the shades...are you wearing an early pair of Nike Trainers? the REAL first Bo Jacksons(before everyone called them Bo's?). White..with a light grey back I believe..possible a blue Nike logo on back...colors of the the shoe if I remember correctly were white,light grey,and blue? They look just like the ones I had. I cant find out shit about those joints. I had them in 5th or 6th grade(yeah, I am that young). But damn I rocked them shits. Holler at me if u happen to remember! I really want to get another pair.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

kung fu suits!

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    PMC -

Frantically looking for the Troop logo all over, but don't see none Where's the cold rock pose in front of Crazy Eddie's?

Thanks for the look back (especially w/ the styling Cazals - they gotta be Cazals, right?) - as the record said/says: 'he's fresh, F-R-E-S-H, fresh!'...

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Phil,

You da man.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Phil,

You da man.

It was an entertaining ride.

Can we see some girls though... I mean, Phil, you're sexy and all but let's see some vintage Salt N Pepa-like bleached and angled girls. :P

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMM

what happened to master Rob??????

Rob is still livin' and maintainin'... I don't want to put too many of the details on my man's life story out there, but I can say that he's had it kinda hard from day one, a lot of ups and downs (too many downs, unfortunately... which is a shame because he's a good dude at heart). But he made the transition from DJ Master Rob to Scratchmaster Rob in the Phill Most Chill days, then left his dj skills alone to concentrate on his other, uh, skills as Sexmaster Rob during my Baritone Tiplove days (if any of you have heard the x-rated skits on any of the Baritone Tip records, it was all real life episodes taped by Rob- none of it was staged in any way).
    What really bugs me out is that he is now a grandfather, which to me is just so because it seems like just yesterday that we were kids our damn selves. Time flies, mane...

ill .... reminds me of when we did the same to our shelltops back in the day .... phil, i know you must have a few painter's caps layin' around .. lol

Did you say painters caps?

Really didn't want to post this one because it's blurry and I'm looking crazy wack with the beat street tee and urrthing... but yeah, I used to try to pull those painters caps down over my 'fro BITD. Hip Hop high fashion in '84, homeboy.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Sorry but what's written on that one?

"Biters in the city! Scratch Mix"

right? What means "biters"...?

Merci

Merci

haha... it means that the scratch mix of the song "Biters In The City" by Fantasy Three is on that tape. That is all.

Vous ??tes bienvenu.

• ill .... reminds me of when we did the same to our shelltops back in the day .... phil, i know you must have a few painter's caps layin' around .. lol

Really didn't want to post this one because it's blurry and I'm looking crazy wack with the beat street tee and urrthing... but yeah, I used to try to pull those painters caps down over my 'fro BITD. Hip Hop high fashion in '84, homeboy.

It almost looks like you're rocking a curl there Phill! SEE, YOU'RE DOWN WITH THE WESS COAST!!!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

damn, youse a true fu-schnick!

ill .... reminds me of when we did the same to our shelltops back in the day .... phil, i know you must have a few painter's caps layin' around .. lol

It almost looks like you're rocking a curl there Phill! SEE, YOU'RE DOWN WITH THE WESS COAST!!!

Naw, I just got gude hair, Jonny Paycheck. I gots Indian blood!

And of course I am down with the Wess Coast! As soon as I get a second I will be starting a LIL 1/2 DEAD APPRECIATION POST (I am dead serious). This "The Dead Has Arisen" tape I'm selling on Ebay right now had me crip walkin' while I was recording the audio snippets, fa sho! (I know I ain't suppossed to be doin' that since I ain't no Crip, but the spirit moved me... I couldn't help myself.)

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Merci

haha... it means that the scratch mix of the song "Biters In The City" by Fantasy Three is on that tape. That is all.

Vous ??tes bienvenu.

Ahah!!
    Ok, thank you.

The first single on CCL

PS/ Is there Crash Crew ???Crash Crew Rocking on Your Radio??? on it?
    AHHAHA!

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Damn this is making my day... about to bring tears to the eyes... may fault Phill, I was prolly a little jealous because I never had any Mickey Mouse gear... this stuff here is what I fell in love with about hip hop, this is the reason that even though things have changed, you just never give up on it... you recognize that all things have to change and if you love something, you let it do what it do...

this is some special schitt right here...

even though things have changed, you just never give up on it... you recognize that all things have to change and if you love something, you let it do what it do...

TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN, MY BRUTHA