Expidit question - moving related

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited April 2005 in Record Collecting
I'm moving next month and need your collective opinion... do I dismantle the expidit and try to re-assemble it in the new place, or do they always suck when reassembled? should I chuck it and get a new one?plaese and thanks,d.location

Comments

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    where are you moving to?

i guess at $99 they are almost disposable. but i'm broke so if i were you i'd try to keep mine. plus it's already used to your records. it knows how to handle all that insane latin heat.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    disassemble it and put it back together, shit is easy as fuck. I did it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    where are you moving to?

i guess at $99 they are almost disposable. but i'm broke so if i were you i'd try to keep mine. plus it's already used to your records. it knows how to handle all that insane latin heat.

moving to 8th ave & 14th/15th st in PS. F Train here I come.

Two for the KEEP column... thanks daze.

It's not difficulty I'm worried about, it's stability... I've heard rumors that they're wobbly after the first disassembly.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I helped asprin put his back together. it was a bitch, but can be done. you moving to my old neighborhood? burritos at clemen's, prospect park, the palace theater, 24 hour grocery spots. you'll be better off. sorry no buscuit.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    i'll be seeing you on the f-train!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Fuck the F train! I drive into the city now bitches!!!

Haha I rode the F today. Shit was alright.

Fred, feel free to dissassemble. Mine came back together and it's still rocking in the free world.

Btw, I'm a stone's throw (no take that shit to...) from your new digs. Holler sometime for buddha beer and bugalu!

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    yep, moved once since I've had it and went the dis/assemble route ... it's up and straight again

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    Stanky moving to the Slope!!! mucho fresh. It's on me at Dizzy's when I come thru next time!!!

holla!

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I'm moving next month and need your collective opinion... do I dismantle the expidit and try to re-assemble it in the new place, or do they always suck when reassembled? should I chuck it and get a new one?

plaese and thanks,
    d.location

Why would they suck? I moved once with mine and it's fine.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

indeed.

it took me a good 2 hours to put it together the first time. second time it took MAYBE 20 minutes tops. its really not that hard, but a few little chips were missing and i almost lost one of those things you put in to lock the screw in place.

all i know is im much happier i moved it this way than keeping it assembled on the move.

thanks y'all. indeed indeed, I'll save my $$ for non-expidit related buddah activities.

JP, Delay, I'll be on the same block as the movie theater, just opposite the old armory. (No babystroller).

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    thanks y'all. indeed indeed, I'll save my $$ for non-expidit related buddah activities.

JP, Delay, I'll be on the same block as the movie theater, just opposite the old armory. (No babystroller).

I stroll up there from WINDSOR TERRORIST to eat all the time. It's not like there's a lot going on, but it beats our selection of one thai restaurant and one deli. :/

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    I've told dudes before......

Throw a back on the expedit. Home depot 1/4-3/16" press board cost like $5

This will improve the stability 10 fold and also help keep all your records nice and even.

-Al

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    I'm moving to a fabulous loft space[/b] next month and need your collective opinion... do I dismantle the expidit and try to re-assemble it in the new atmosphere[/b], or do they always suck when reassembled? should I chuck it and get a new one, you know, cause cash ain't a problem? I'm excited to work on my new amazing projects[/b].

plaese and thanks,
    d.location

"slice the brie, lovey!"

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Mr. & Mrs. Stank?

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I can't believe people like that exist...

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Those are my neighbors -- no joke. I live on the outpost of gentrification, but not for long.

I'm moving to a fabulous loft space[/b] next month and need your collective opinion... do I dismantle the expidit and try to re-assemble it in the new atmosphere[/b], or do they always suck when reassembled? should I chuck it and get a new one, you know, cause cash ain't a problem? I'm excited to work on my new amazing projects[/b].

plaese and thanks,

d.location

"slice the brie, lovey!"

die.

my weimaraner needs space to roam, doggy.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Wasn't there a long thread a while back about how the Expedits weren't stable once you took them apart or was that attributed to bad assembly? I wish there was an Ikea here :

Wasn't there a long thread a while back about how the Expedits weren't stable once you took them apart or was that attributed to bad assembly? I wish there was an Ikea here :

...I recall that, which is why I asked whether it was worth it (no money to burn). It seems folks have had no problems reassembling them.

Good call above about planking the back so it's more stable.

• i'm glad i don't have to worry about this crap with my IVAR's.
    i move mine around all the time, take em apart and put them back together in new ways, with no problems.
    pics of new setup coming soon.............