How are You Preparing for Avian Bird Flu?

Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Or are you?This shit may look like the next "let's scare the shit out of America while we change the constitution" thing, but this bug, when it mutates is no joke. I've been following this in the science mags for the past year, and our government is not prepared whatsoever. We are last in line to buy doses of Tamiflu, a partial cure, that is being sold by a Swiss pharmeceutical company on a first come first served basis. We have about two million doses, and if this shit hits we will need about 25 million. Dead birds that were infected were found in the fields of Russia. It could very well hit this winter, and judging by the Armagidion state things are in right now, a plague seems pretty fitting. The Mayan calender is winding down.......I've been buying up Earthquake food. By the next week, i hope to have about 3 months of food. I'm thinking about some gas masks, or at least surgical masks. And Im gonna get a sword to scare folls away. Now may be a good time to invest in some hydro equipement and some clones.I think this shit is real, so if you dont know, look into it.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah I was going to bring this up in discussion teh other day. Supposedly it's a threatening pandemic which has the capability of "altering the world" - a widespread global outbreak could kill up to 150 million people.

(Source)

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    You should be OK as long as you buy that sword.

• You should be OK as long as you buy that sword.

who wants to get cut up? Nobody is gonna mess with a dude with a sword.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Fin to get some cut up.

who wants to get cut up? Nobody is gonna mess with a dude with a sword.

I'm agreeing.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I remember as a kid in HK watching my grandma buy a live chicken, then we go to the public bathrooms to cut its head off. It was quite a common practice back then, chicken blood all over the concrete. It's very much toned down nowadays, regulations have tightened up and the outdoor marekts are exceptionally clean. All the killing is done by the vendors themselves. Especially after the first outbreak in 97...

Asians have a thing for fresh chicken, they're not messing w/ chicken shrink wrapped in neat little packages. The major concern right now is transmission between people, which hasn't been documented yet. However, if it gets to that point, then we're royally screwed.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

who wants to get cut up?
    Sex related?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

who wants to get cut up?
    Sex related?

Fin to get some cut.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    theres an unknown virus that knocked out a senior home in toronto last week. not SARS but effecting the Respiratory System

i have giant lungs though, i am not afraid at all

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hey Slush.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Fin to get some cut.

cut up?! ain't no cut up in here... i'll cut yo ass up

I really hope the world doesn't end. I just moved into an apartment that I really like.

Fin to get some cut.

Outkast, right?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Fin to get some cut.

Outkast, right?

You tryn to cut Kast?

Ayo.

• I really hope the world doesn't end. I just moved into an apartment that I really like.

There's some positive thinking!

Fin to get some cut.

Outkast, right?

You tryn to cut Kast?

Ayo.
    ZING!!

• I really hope the world doesn't end. I just moved into a lifestyle that I really like.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    whatsgoodAI

my friend just became a nurse, and she had to go in for a facemask fitting. I guess when she got there it was a robot (?) doing the fitting, and it measured the amount of particles that could get into her fitting. The mask she received has some sort of warning buzz if particles find there way to her respiratory system.

so basically her mask warns her of FLU by buzzing like a bee.

• Every once and a while nature has to show us that it kills us better than we kill ourselves.

• Every once and a while nature has to show us that it kills us better than we kill ourselves.

I think we're doing a pretty good job keeping up....

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Every once and a while nature has to show us that it kills us better than we kill ourselves.

You really think so? I'm willing to bet that we did a better job of knocking eachother off in the 1900 years before 1901.

You really think so? I'm willing to bet that we did a better job of knocking eachother off in the 1900 years before 1901.

There were also less of us to kill then....

Gaeia is not having our bullshit.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

They are reporting this might not be strong enough. Onto the next, more expensive drug I guess.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Every once and a while nature has to show us that it kills us better than we kill ourselves.

well, actually, to the earth we're fleas and she's trying out a new flea collar.

seeing how our government isn't prepared for tropical storm, they aren't gonna have shit for this thing. this might be what does it to us.

• the key is to make friends with the birds. that way they won't want you dead.

• the key is to make friends with the birds. that way they won't want you dead.

I'm gonna start getting that "deluxe" bird seed. Nothing's too good for my little pals...

The bubonic plauge killed between 137 and 200 million people.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

The bubonic plauge killed between 137 and 200 million people.

That's right, I beat that and I will whip this sissy bird flu too!

ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA!

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

yo my flea market is full of swords!