How are You Preparing for Avian Bird Flu?

2»

Comments

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    birdflu is just another kind of flu, unless you are very old, very young or have a weak imune system (ie. HIV or AIDS) then you don't have too much to worry about.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    birdflu is just another kind of flu, unless you are very old, very young or have a weak imune system (ie. HIV or AIDS) then you don't have too much to worry about.

not so sure about this one....as evidenced by the SARS deaths, etc

• birdflu is just another kind of flu, unless you are very old, very young or have a weak imune system (ie. HIV or AIDS) then you don't have too much to worry about.

SAYIN'. if y'all are dying from avian bird flu y'all are WEAK.

• Yeah I was going to bring this up in discussion teh other day. Supposedly it's a threatening pandemic which has the capability of "altering the world" - a widespread global outbreak could kill up to 150 million people.

(Source)

Well, this does seem very serious. If the Indonesian flu mutates enough to jump from human to human it will reach the US in one week via planes. Bush spoke this morning in the Rose garden about preparation and military intervention for quarentine, but this would be utter pandemonium so I doubt that will help much. 150-250 million dead worldwide with it's already 55% kill rate currently in Indonesia. Obviously, this is all based on whether the virus mutates, and I know there was a similar scare in the 90s with China. From medical followings though, they seem to feel we are past due for another 1908 style outbreak and so preparation is important but we have no vaccine to this new strain.

It seems it's too late to do anything about it except hope it doesn't mutate. Ouch.

• Here is an interesting link about this type of disaster. If an outbreak hits the East Coast I think I am just going to get drunk and read the Decameron
    again.

http://home.nycap.rr.com/useless/bubonic_plague/

• You should be OK as long as you buy that sword.

who wants to get cut up? Nobody is gonna mess with a dude with a sword.

• I'm gonna chill in one of these til it all blows over...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I just got my first flu shot last Friday did I just cry in front of a nurse for nothing?

I got 2 swords and a BB Gun. I'm knocking out all them pigeons by my house if they start eyeing me funny.

AND FUCK THEM SEAGULLS BITCH ASS FUCKERS BEEN TRYING TO DISEASE ME SINCE THE EARLY 80'S

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    did I just cry in front of a nurse for nothing?

Now you know you was trying to bag her on some 'I ain't afraid to cry in front of a woman' schitt.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    he wasn't feeling it

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    he wasn't feeling it

• aegisaegis 261 Posts

Nope, we aren't talking about some weak West Nile. I've been wanting that for years just to show people its nothing. The 1918 pandemic struck the healthy, young and robust.

check it

But more importantly, read the article to the 2nd page when things get interesting. They quote one seemingly random doctor from 1918 who "treated" victims.

Who is that doctor???

Victor Vaughan!!![/b]

no joke, its in there

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    ignorance is bliss.
    i wish i hadn't just readen that.