Price Czeck - Craig G "Shout" 12"

HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Yo,

Does anyone know what MC Craig G's 12" "Shout" goes for? I got a guy offering me a mint promo & I was wondering what the going rate is? Also, is it a Marley Marl production? I think it is - If I'm not mistaken, the 12" came out in 85 & its on Pop Art.

Thanks

h

Comments

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Produced by Double M Eye.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Was Marley the dj for the track? He has a credit on the label & some write ups I found on line credit the song to him.

Thanks

h

• Double M Eye was Marley Marl's alias as was NYC Cutter.

Listening to early Marley stuff like his dub mix of Aleem's "Release Yourself" and then the Cold Chillin' catalogue to all his other stuff makes you realize that his sound can't even be dissected. If anything, Molly's signature sound is that of
    DOPE BEATS period.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Double M Eye was Marley Marl's alias as was NYC Cutter.

Listening to early Marley stuff like his dub mix of Aleem's "Release Yourself" and then the Cold Chillin' catalogue to all his other stuff makes you realize that his sound can't even be dissected. If anything, Molly's signature sound is that of
    DOPE BEATS period.

Thanks for this info! I'm starting to get curious about the label "Pop Art". Threw on some Steady B this morning & saw their logo on the label of the "Let the Hustlers play". Maybe they were connected to Jive? Don't know if anyone has an Mp3 of "shout", but it would be cool to hear. I like craig g's rhymes - does this sound like marley scratch or later craig g?

peace,

h

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I like craig g's rhymes - does this sound like marley scratch or later craig g?

Graig G sounds like a little kid spittin' over the Tears For Fears
    Shout song. It's dirty like the Marley Scratch. Its not that good of a song but
    it got radio play for jackin' Shout. You'll never have to say to yourself - "How come nobody has used that Tears for Fears beat?"

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    marley went reverb CRAZY on that track. I like it a lot, but it's no def fresh crew.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    oh yeah...

i wouldnt pay more than $20 for it.